The Eclectic Elf's page

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Ah ... back in the good old OLBBL days i had a beastman (on my Skaven team :oops: ) with over 80 CAS in around 50 games and a nice Block/Claw/RSF/Pro/Tackle/SF (-MA, -AG) statline. (pro was allowed to be used on armour rolls back then).

Reason: ''
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Tim wrote:(pro was allowed to be used on armour rolls back then).
I'd like to see THAT part brought back. Let you use pro on arm/inj.

Yes I know that would increase cas a lot. Yes I know every DP would take that for his 2nd skill. :)

Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

*waves arms frantically* I'm an old OLBBL'er as well :)

Went under the highly original nickname of.. "Steve" ran an Orc team (Rockwart Vandals), minotaur team (Calves of Chainspleen that got retired) and a themed Ogre team that were played as fire giants :)

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

heh yer i was in the olbbl for a short time, but then i found fumbbl and never looked back

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Great website, although I was looking for a bit for information on how to BEAT a woodelf team with my Dark Elves. :) You've put a lot of time and effort into it and I'll pass the link along to my Woodelf playing friend - AFTER our game of course. :D Good job!

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

thanks chairface.

as for beating wood elves with dark elves, the key is to have lots of tackle and go after their position players, imo.

if you think of the witch elves and wardancers as a wash (which I admit is a stretch but bear with me) , then you're looking at 4 blitzers vs 4 catchers. So the clear dark elven advantage their is in strength and hitting. you have to take advantage of that as much as possible.

another thing is your line elves. in general, on line type players, the movement is not as cool as the armor. so in general your line elves are better than his. (tho this is arguable, i think the key for line elves, more than anything, is staying on the pitch. the difference between av7 and av8 is more than you think)

anyway, what that means is that you should take every opportunity to hit elves. you know how lots of times you dodge line elves away from the line? well against wood elves, take the 1die blocks, especially if you both have block, or if neither of you do. even more so if you do and they don't. and if it's the end of your turn, don't be afraid to take the both down.

that's all i can really give you without getting into specifics (comparative tr's, skills, etc etc)

Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

this is partly shameless bump, partly a note saying that I REALLY hope to update the wood elf guide and all the links once I'm settled in my new house in a few months...stay tuned here, you all will be the first to know! :)

Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

OK everyone, I am going to be giving the Eclectic Elf site a relatively thorough update in the coming weeks, barring some major disaster that sucks me into a time warp or something.

To help me streamline the process a little bit, if any of you have any links that aren't there at the moment that you feel should be added, I will do so.
I'll be checking dead links and removing them, as well, so if your favorite site has moved lately I'd like to know that too.

Also, what sorts of things would you like to see in an update of my Wood Elf guide? It's in serious need of one, given the changes Blood Bowl itself has undergone over the last few years. I'd be interested to know your opinions.

Thanks!

Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

I'm not and have never been a wood elf player, but I'm thinking about it. I look forward to your finished project!

http://www.impactminiatures.com
aanemesis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aanemesis »

I've read your WE tactics a few times coz I think there are some relevant points for my HE team. Plus there aren't that many articles on tactics and team developments for BB teams. Maybe I haven't looked in the right places.

I only learned BB last year - yeah, I know, I've been missing out on a GREAT game - but now I'm hooked! Anyway, looking forward to your updated site. Maybe I'll get a few pointers and do one myself. Then I can put in stuff like the leagues I'm running. :)

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

First stage of Wood Elf Strategy Guide update is complete. I have finished updating the sections that are already there with current rule-based strategies.

Next step will be to add a section for using Wood Elves in Tournament play...up till now the guide was mostly aimed at long term league play.

Anyway, input is welcome/appreciated!

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/python/bbowl/welves/

Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I'd strongly consider splitting up the recommended starting lineup into short, medium & long term leagues. Long term I reckon you are much better off starting with the tree than a war dancer. Short term you don't need to worry about FF so can get closer to the tournament lineups.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

that's a solid idea, although to be honest I'm not sure it would require a whole seperate section. i think i could just put in a divider, and a paragraph or two about leagues of different duration, and what adjustments could be considered under those circumstances.

thanks for the input, that'll be something to add!

Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

The Wood Elf Strategy Guide has seen it's first major and thorough revision for entirely too long. Special thanks to Strider_fr for the proofreading assistance, for suggestions to help make the site a bit better, and most importantly, for giving me the drive to get it done.

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/python/b ... index.html

Have a look and tell me what you think.