The beginning of my small Blood Bowl site

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bonehead
Super Star
Super Star

The beginning of my small Blood Bowl site

Post by Bonehead »

Hi there, I had the idea to bring up a BB site either for my league or for minis display.
The first steps have been made and here I present my "Blood Bowl Site lite" :P . It is flash animated so you need Flash player 6 to view it.
For now I have put up some pics of horekim´s great painted Kiss of Death team. Thanks a lot horekim. Some of the pictures are mirrored to fit better to the site.
Here is the link:
http://www.microsoth.net/bloodbowl/

Just press the BB logo and then throw a pass to the Elves. :lol:
I hope you like it. Any suggestions and ideas are highly appreciated.

As I said, it is just in the beginning so don´t expect too much. I also have to learn a lot more about flash programming as I am a beginner with that kind of stuff.

Reason: ''
Reading my sig was by about three seconds of total waste of time.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Nice original idea, looks good, keep up the good work. :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Sorry to say, but I usually find flash pages incredibly annoying. Yours is no exception I'm afraid. The wobbling ball alone is enough to make me sea sick.

Nuffle Sucks!
horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

I'm afraid I have to agree. The ball cursor is annoying and way too big. Flash is a powerful tool, but just because you can make something doesn't mean that you actually should. I've made some Flash sites too. Hopelessly stupid sites, but they sure were fun to make :D

Keep up the work, but don't forget the usabilty

BTW nice minis... :wink:

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Sorry, have to agree with DJ and Hokekim. Also, I fin it annoying I have to click on the tital everytime I go to a different area.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

As said before please change the cursor.

Bonehead
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Bonehead »

I am still a beginner with flash and yes I at first wanted to try out what is possible to do and what not. I also count myself to the ones not liking flash for the time it needs to load and then everything is moving :roll: .
But doing this was a great fun especially wen it really works in the end. And yes, for now there is really no usability.
I also try on normal sites and maybe in the end there will be a "normal" one with just a few flash elements in it. I have a long way of learning in front of me...

Reading my sig was by about three seconds of total waste of time.