Lore of Nuffle :: Iths massive fluff depository :)

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Lore of Nuffle :: Iths massive fluff depository :)

Post by Ithilkir »

January 7th / 8th Update.....

Lore of Nuffle back online, hosted here at TFF

loreofnuffle.talkfantasyfootball.org

Any help to update from LRB5 onwards would be great :)

Reason: ''
Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Great stuff.

Presumably the Cheeky Berliners should go in as the 2504 Dungeon Bowl champions too? (and the same for the other Spike & Chaos Cup winners?)

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Just to let everyone know that there's been a few updates since the site has gone up, so if you haven't visited in a few weeks, now is yer chance :)

Cheers,
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Great looking site! Lots of good reading

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Great work, I love it

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

A pretty big update today, added the names of players, teams and some of the losers of the Dungeon Bowl final mentioned in Dungeon Bowl as well as finishing up the timeline (for now, maybe 5th edition will give us more background, it's pretty thin after 2489). Added an FAQ page as well with some... ermm, frequently asked questions regarding both Blood Bowl and this site.More Did You Knows! that's all of them apart from the White Dwarf ones, and a couple of updates to the secret weapon list :) Other than that not a lot, just minor cleaning of text and other minor changes you wouldn't notice or care about :)

Cheers,
Drax
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Drax »

Looking awesome... especially nice is the "did you know..." section.

This should be a sticky a great resource for anyone stuck for names or just interested in the fluff aspect...

Drax
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

A very nice job Ith, looking good. :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Added the names of players listed in the old second edition box, the teams listed along with them are either directly mentioned or match the strips of those teams. On that note, 'Grimwold Helmsmasher' is listed on the back but it's pretty clear that it is supposed to be Grimwold 'The Helmsmasher' Grimbreath so that version of his name hasn't been listed. The only player that comes from the box that doesn't have a team listed is Jem Goldstar, though the colours of his team are shown in numerous illustrations and 'eavy metal pics they don't actually have a name as far as I know (pink/green colours fyi), so if you do know the name of the team, drop me a line ;) Started on the NAF Facts, only a few listed, but I'm slowly getting through them :) On the subject of the NAF Facts I'm looking for some volunteers to help me, you can find out more info on the forum HERE. Also added a few more Did You Know's - thanks to Torpor for typing them out for me :)

Cheers,
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Thanks to Mordredd and Nazgit, 25 new NAF Facts have been added in todays update! Scarily we're getting close to actually running out of things to add to the site to make a weekly update possible (though there is a couple of sections I'll be adding which are nearly done, including a list of organisations/sponsors/products mentioned in the Blood Bowl world and a fan flavour section). A teenie update to the timeline to add in the current year and some mindless fluff :) . I've also changed the format of new additions, they'll be highlighted in red in the actual section, so if there is one new player added to the list, then he'll be in red, makes it easier to see what has been changed in the site. On the subject of updates and finishing the site, I've marked quite a few sections as finished, although some never will be due to a once yearly change (aka the tournaments) it's classed as finished by me. I might spot the odd thing I've missed from some sections but by all intents and purposes there should be no more changes to those sections.

Cheers,
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Some new names added, first from the Dwarf Warhammerers profile from Fanatic (that's sixteen new Dwarf names), three new Chaos All-Star players from WD105 and a few other missing names. Also a new DYK and NAF Fact, strictly speaking there should be two new DYK's, but the other one is really long and basically I can't be bothered to type it out right now, sorry... I'll get round to it later. Currently there's no way I have enough information for a weekly update, it just won't happen, but I'll add to the site when I can. Also as a side note, real life has kicked in a bit hard since I recently split with my long term partner and I've lost a lot of drive for BB, but time heals all wounds so I'll no doubt get the drive again. In the meantime, everyone take care :)

Cheers,
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Yay! An update :P
ALL (as far as I know) names from the novel have been added as well as team names, non player names, a new stadium and other minor bits and bobs. Some info has been adjusted (whether it was a typo or me being stupid). Next update (whenever that is) will add 'products' such as Bloodweiser, Cabavlvision and Pop Khorne.

Cheers,
bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bluetooth »

Brilliant site, Ithil. Good and entertaining. Nice work, indeed.

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

A New Year and a new update. Hope you all had a good holiday :) This update is quite small, it just adds the name of sponors/products/companies. I just chucked them into a generic sponsors section under names. I also removed the forum, it wasn't being used at all. If you need to get a hold of me or discuss the site, send me an email or a PM on TalkBloodBowl. I finally made a dream come true though. I'm writing the background for the new Blood Bowl rulebook. It's actually less than in previous years due to space constraints but hopefully there is enough to make everyone happy.. I know I need to update the site soon to add in the new teams and players mention :) Ah, forgot. There's also a couple of little fixes to some teams that were mislisted as being first in the novel when they were first mentioned in the 3rd edition Death Zone supplement. Should be fixed now :)

Cheers,
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Ithilkir wrote:It's actually less than in previous years due to space constraints but hopefully there is enough to make everyone happy..
Point of clarification. We have 6 less pages to work with. But I'm 98% sure that the actually number of words of background have increased. The power of 7 point fonts.

Galak