Okay ... I don't think I'm what they had in mind

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Okay ... I don't think I'm what they had in mind

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Thoughts of this ... just got this email tonight for Blood-bowl.net .... I'm 99% certain that they didn't REALLY even visit the site ... if they had ... I'm pretty sure I would not have gotten the email .... I'm betting I'm not their definition of "fantasy football".

Galak

======================================

From: "Chris Van Benthuysen" <chrisvb@sm.sportingnews.com> | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
To: tom.anders@blood-bowl.net
Subject: Advertising on www.midgardbb.com
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:01:58 -0400 (EDT)

----------------------------------------------------------

My name is Chris van Benthuysen, and I'm helping out with the online ad division at SportingNews.com. I came across your website and given its content, am writing on behalf of our marketing manager, Jason Stone, who is looking for sites interested in carrying advertising for SportingNews.com football and fantasy football products.

If you'd be interested, please send an email to Mr. Stone directly at jstone@sportingnews.com. Please include information on CPM, CPC, or CPA pricing for text links, banner ads, pop ups and email sponsorships and solo drops. Please also include your site metrics (page views/impressions and unique visits).

Smaller sites can skip the email, and simply join our site's affiliate program at www.sportingnews.com/r/webmasters -- it's an easy way to earn extra revenue for your site. You just cut and paste the ads, and we cut you checks based on the sales your site produces.

Thank you,

Chris Van Benthuysen
SportingNews.com

Reason: ''
Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

LOL
thats pretty fun.

About time BB ogt recogniced as a real sport ;)

Poul

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I like the idea of Galak getting revenue for the mbbl. If its enuf he could retire early and just run pbem leagues :lol: .

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Pink Horror
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pink Horror »

He could have visited the site. People who play e-mail Blood Bowl might just want to play in an online fantasy football league as well. MBBL players are usually 20-40 year-old males who spend time online, right? It's the right demographic for online football products. And, when someone searches for "fantasy football" and accidently goes to the MBBL he might click on a convenient ad banner instead of hitting the back button.

Pink Horror

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I'm in a Fantasy football league with a bunch of guys from my old team.
I know better however than to go to that fount of rubbish TSN.

Just had our draft. Really wanted Marshall Faulk but he went one pick ahead so I got Edgerrin James instead.....could be good, could be awful.
And all thre eof my WRs will be in the same game on opening weekend (Troy Brown from NE, Burress and Ward from Pittsburgh).
heh heh...Michael Vick at QB...another major win or major loss scenario...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Hmmmm ... okay I guess I could add a banner at the bottom of the main page .... the web site costs me about 28 USD a month to run for the bandwidth, server space, domain name, and email address which I can afford currently.

If they pay by the click ... well that could help the coffers slightly as I average 250 hits a day.

Galak

later ......

well they only pay for small sites for confirmed sales ... $5 per a subscription and 25% on anything else sold ...... I might add the link at the bottom if it doesn't take up space or kill the load time ... the site is for the fans of BB ...... not my coffers, but if I could run the site for free ... well I'd take that ... :D