MBBL2 PBEM

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Okay, I thought I'd move this onto a new thread to avoid confusion. This is Galak's MBBL play by email League we're refering to here, rather than playing *on-line*. Anyway, last posts read:
Deathwing
Veteran

Posted: 2001-09-19 22:12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Anthony, notice how the same poor coach has managed to draw both of us rookie schmucks?
Pure coincidence? LOL!
BTW, I too forgot my password. I hope this is gonna be as much fun as I think it is...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony_TBBF
Veteran

Posted: 2001-09-20 17:37
Well so far I had to kick, have one KO'd and two stunned, not too bad since all the little buggers have RSC...! Yikes.

Time to lay in the boot!

Deathwing
Veteran

Posted: 2001-09-20 21:43
I recieved, but the KO roll came up Perfect Defence. Managed to SI a hobgobbo (MNG) before my butterfingered CW failed to pick up the ball. I can live with causing a cas. every turn...

Reason: ''
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

This is going to be an interesting game - I have lots of Block and AV 7, he has little weedy gits with AV 6, ST2 but RSC... I haven't played my first turn yet but hopefully I can start beating the living daylights out someone...

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

For those who don't know, I'm playing Khorne v. Chaos Dwarf. Rosters are on Galak's site here:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/La ... Rules.html
Talk about beginners' luck, obviously pleased Khorne with the early casualty!! 1-0 up turn 3, just kicked and played my turn 4.
<FONT COLOR="RED">BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! </FONT>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwing on 2001-09-21 18:45 ]</font>

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Glad you guys appear to be having fun. I was glad to see the computer randomly assign you guys to Jim as I've played face to face with him and he's a great guy. He took over my old Blood Bowl league that I played in after I moved. He's a good guy to have as your first PBeM opponent.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Jim has been very patient with me so far, so if you are talking to him say thanks :wink:

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Anthony : Against the spirit to put it in the log mate? LOL! :grin:
Galak : A sceptic is now a convert. Thanks.:smile:

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Haha! I will thank him after I grind him into the dirt.

PBEM is a ton of fun, personally I would just rather play with 'official' teams but tis fun nonetheless. My only beef is with the program itself - it could use some better documentation.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Two things:

1) the software is free ... man what do you want. :wink:

2) Ronald has made several MAJOR improvements to the program over the last 6 months and his documentation has fallen behind his programming. So I think better documentation will be coming some day.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Well I want to know how to use it without having to ask 10 people :wink:

Ombi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ombi »

Really? You think you can hurt the mighty Chaos Halflings? Hmmm, you probably will, but we have a nasty reputation for fighting back!

Ronald's program isn't that bad. A lot of stuff just invloves you pushing a button or dragging a guy to block someone. You'll get the hang of it. If you have any more qustions, feel free to ask me.

Jim

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I'm not finding the tool too bad, lots of trial and error, but getting to grips(slowly). I do seem to end up with game files all over the place, and have mailed the wrong one back on a couple of occasions!
I'm lucky enough to have the figures for our game (with only a few number changes)and I've a board set up, and am mirroring the game, which is maybe helping me a bit with the tool mechanics.
On the downside, I've got a dead Beastman already....:wink: )
Enjoying it..... :smile:

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

My first block of the game was an SI so I'm all smiles right now :wink:

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Ombi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ombi »

Deathwing: I still send the wrong files from time to time. I even sent our game to my MBBL3 opponent by mistake once! Not a big deal.

This next turn might be the most important for both of us. I either lose or it goes into OT.

Anthony: True, you SI'd the Fling, but Regeneration is a good thing. That's how I can afford to suffer as many casualties as I have this season and still have a team roster for the next game. Too bad your players don't have regen. :smile:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I'm hoping Anthony gets That Boy's Got Talent for his next match so that I can see a Storm Giant stroll onto the field this season yet. :wink:

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Oooh, look at that Chaos Champion all by himself! Let's get him lads!

Double Skulls

Your turn!

:smile: