Building a TeamTracker website

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Chet and Doug had a lot of good things to say -- they just usually differed drastically and vociferously.

You certainly have a good memory, at least about all things Milo-stalkerish. I'm halfway surprised now that you didn't look me up when I fell off the face of the world.

Reason: ''
reservoirelves
Experienced
Experienced

Post by reservoirelves »

Our league is using software that does a lot of what you are proposing. The development work is being done at sourceforge. One of our league members is the web guru and can give you more details if you are interested.

You can check out our league page at http://www.obbl.org to see how it looks.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

reservoirelves, that does look like a nice package. Of course, half the reason I'm doing this is for the learning process, so I'm still going to work on my solution. What language is yours using?

Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

Hi!
I guess they are using the latest version of the Nuffle Blood Bowl Web Manager.

They have just pretty completely remade it for LRB5 and I cant comment on the new version. The older version was pretty good and customisable for some one with some skill (ie. not me, but a friend) - the documentation was a bit lacking though.

If you would make a BB league manager module for Xoops or PostNuke or something like that (dont really know what is the top of the line CMS at the moment) it would be great.

Have not really looked into NBBWM 2.2 integration to any CMS, but with 1.0 it would have been a lot of work.

Ziggi

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Nuffle-spc-Sucks,white,black.png[/img][/url]
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Milo wrote:Chet and Doug had a lot of good things to say -- they just usually differed drastically and vociferously.
Yes, I agree...if I didn't I wouldn't have stayed on the board for as long as I did. But there was also a lot of posts with little or no substance as well. The forum is a much better and more efficient method of communication for this sort of thing, I'm glad tbb is around. There's no way I could go back to the old way now.
You certainly have a good memory, at least about all things Milo-stalkerish. I'm halfway surprised now that you didn't look me up when I fell off the face of the world.
Hehehe yeah I think we used to talk quite a bit. Did you ever play any online BB WAAAAY back when Andy Cowell in Tennesse wrote the "Nufflebot" Irc script on his utk.edu server and so on? I think I remember chatting with you on irc about that a few times, just about the time you did your first version of this excel spreadsheet you're talking about agian now... man that probably would have been about '94 or so? Maybe that's how I remember all this stuff.

To be honest, I'm really curious now about what happened to Andy. He and I played the first ever game of online BB, his skaven beat my vampires. I'm still annoyed about that 1, reroll 1 to gfi to blitz his ballcarrier out of bounds with my vampire lord that won him the game too. 10+ years on and it still stings. I would say it was because he was the bot programmer, but that game was before we had the dice bot done, and we had a neutral 3rd party rolling the dice...maybe he wasn't so "neutral" after all!! Hehehe jk.

Anyway, as I said, offer stands with any help you might require with the excel sheet short of actually helping you program it and so on. I couldn't program my way out of a wet paper sack. I only took one CS class in college, and that was Visual Basic...real useful. And I'm sure it's all obsolete information by now anyway. I know some HTML too but that's not really relevant either.

Hehehe it's nice to go back like that. I'll stop rambling on now. [/stalker mode]

8)

Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Well, I've got a version of TeamTracker set up for LRB4.0 rules, but I could use someone to do the spreadsheet work to set it up for LRB5.0. Are you volunteering?

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

well if you're just talking basic excel work, i think i could manage that. i know excel pretty well for everything short of macros... and with the league re-set i'm doing coming up on 9/9, this actually could be helpful for me as well.

let me know.

Experienced
Experienced

Post by reservoirelves »

Milo wrote:reservoirelves, that does look like a nice package. Of course, half the reason I'm doing this is for the learning process, so I'm still going to work on my solution. What language is yours using?
I don't know, I'm just the commish. :wink:

The link Ziggi provided should answer your technical questions.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

wesleytj wrote:well if you're just talking basic excel work, i think i could manage that. i know excel pretty well for everything short of macros... and with the league re-set i'm doing coming up on 9/9, this actually could be helpful for me as well.

let me know.
Yeah, it's just modifying an excel spreadsheet. It should be pretty easy to follow the existing data and just modify it accordingly. PM me your email and I'll send you a copy of the spreadsheet.

The Leather Duke
Rookie
Rookie

phpCommish

Post by The Leather Duke »

Umm...

I've just finished a small system that does some of these things.

If you want to see a demo of it, go to: http://www.tinius.no/~stor/bloodbowl

If you want to download it for testing yourself:
http://www.tinius.no/~stor/bloodbowl/phpcommish.tar.bz2

This is something I've made to manage my own league and as such are hard-coded for our needs.

It's also based on LRB 4.0

- Stein -

DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

Milo wrote:DesTroy, great idea! I totally forgot about those. I wonder if I can build an automatic schedule randomizer and/or tourney bracket manager.
Shouldn't be too hard...of course there are different ideas as to scheduling. One is to have each team play every other team a set number of times in a season (once, twice, or more if you're crazy). Another way is to divide into divisions/conferences and play more games within the division. Say for example, twice v each division opponent and once v each non-division team. Scheduling may very well be affected by the number of teams in a league also (the more teams there are, the more likely to divide into conferences).

One other thing you may wish to try, and this is strictly non-SPP statistics, would be what I humbly call the Brutality Rating (BR). Simply put, 1 point per opponent KOd, 2 for Badly Hurt, 3 for Serious Injuries and 4 for each Kill. Add 'em all together and you have your team's BR (or individual player BR can be kept also). My league has been using this since it began back in 2000 and has been a popular stat.

Just a couple thoughts. :wink:

---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."