Blood Bowl Playbook

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Blood Bowl Playbook

Post by Grumbledook »

I had an idea a few weeks ago and thought i would air it out in here to see what other prople think.

I was looking for tactics on the different races, upon which i stumbled across Galaks site and the tactics on there. There was some good articles on there but one thing was none of them were tactics up to date with the living rulebook.

I was thinking about having a site that had up to date tactics and plays on all the races in the living rulebook. If this treads on anyones toes just say so, i don't want to upset anyone.

Now i can't do this all by myself if it goes ahead, because i havn't played with most of the races, so i would need the more experienced players with the living rulebook to create the information and pass it on to me. I would merge all the stuff given into one article, (with some help and feedback) and put the writers/contributers names on the page as well. A possible idea would be to have some quick tips sections, starting rosters for both leagues and one off games, set ups for offence and defence vs both strong and fast teams, picking skills, run down on star players and of course actualy plays and tactics from the setups and how to react to various situations.

Also to make things easier to remember i would purchase a new domain to host it all one, i was thinking maybe www.spikeplaybook.com or something similar.

Any feedback, encouragement, or ideas on a domain would all be nice, assuming of course there are no objections :)

Grumbledook

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Grumble,

I guess my question is why can't you just use my site.

The only reason the article are out of date in the tactics library is that NO ONE HAS WRITTEN ANY LRB tactics yet.

The only real LRB article that I've seen on the net for tactics was Zombie's discussion on FF 9 in an LRB environment and I posted that one.

So if someone had a good tactics article for LRB, I'll gladly post it. Not sure you need a new site, but if you want to do it ... go for it.

Also a lot of the strategies from 3rd still work as long as the play doesn't talk about TAKING a handoff from another player.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Fair enough then, i just personally found some of the articles rather useless due to them being so old, though there are some particular good ones, like for the wood elves.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Grumble ... help me out then ... which articles where so old that they have no value anymore (oh and why they have no value). If I agree, let's get them off my site so that its just not tactics clutter, but real decent strategy articles (although I'm not deleting the ones that have actually seen print in a GW publication .... the coach based ones are free game.)

Galak

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Well i found that a lot of them repeated the same stuff as each other, while not exactly making them have no value it does add to making clutter. As i said the way the wood elves tactics are done, i thought was a good system of doing it, splitting them up into the different start, through to experienced teams. This was done by the person doing the guide by the looks of it.

When i said they were useless to them being old, a lot of them were written using star players, which changes the way the team plays to a degree. When i was searching for tactics i was after some advice on playing with rules that seem to be common, ie no star players and such things. So while they can be useful, i think it would be better if it was more stuctured, into different categorys like i said in my initial post. I was also looking for some advice to playing in a league as i hadn't done this before only played tornaments.

However like you said, no one has written any tactics with the living rulebook in mind and this is whats really missing. Seeing as you have just usefully collected what u have into one page, this is no fault of your own or anyones. So what i think needs to be done is to cut out the repeated advice and get updated information done. The best way of doing this would be to get some nice expeienced coaches for relevant races to take the articles and take from them whats good and then add to them to make them up to date and then pass them back to you, so that the page can be amended, to make it a really useful resource.

The one flaw in this plan is motivating people to do it of course. :)

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

I've already written some halfling plays! In my lovely LRB binder.

I've got a grid for setups and everything. Even worked out the optimum placings for the "halfling hurl". Important to cover as many squares of the pitch as possible from the kick off.

I'd be happy to give halfling tactics.... really useful I'm sure though... being Halflings are the most popular BB side...NOT

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

I can give my opinion on HE if you want me too. (and some other races too).

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Well maybe you should get these written up nicely and sent in to galak so he can update the tactics on his site. I think a unified style with the different sections would make these nice. Hmm seeing as i now don't have a job you could send them to me and I will cut and paste them about to match them up.

woodmeister
Experienced
Experienced

Post by woodmeister »

vorner23 wrote:I've already written some halfling plays! In my lovely LRB binder.

I've got a grid for setups and everything. Even worked out the optimum placings for the "halfling hurl". Important to cover as many squares of the pitch as possible from the kick off.

I'd be happy to give halfling tactics.... really useful I'm sure though... being Halflings are the most popular BB side...NOT
Would love to see some of those chap. After seeing the Stewdrinkers kick furry Skaven butt at the Spikey Tourney I've been inspired to create the Littlehampton All-Stars, another squad of valiant vertically challenged halflings. As they have me as a coach they need all the help they can get.

Maybe together we can change the image of halfling teams into the BB power houses we know they are. :wink:

Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

I also feel the need of more information, tactics. Although I find Galak's site simply the best one there is. What I really wanted was tactics that fit into a team, ie, a team developer article, saying what you should get to each type of player if you wanted a certain team to behave this or that way. Guideline to make players behave as you want them to, I'm not just talking about skill combos to a single player here, I'm talking about player combos so the players work together correctly in order to punch and score. I'm sure there are many things to write. I'm a mediocre player and painter, I prefer terrain making and miniature making or converting.

After a full length beating, one must think that no matter how miserable you are, an uncertain life is better than a certain death!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Well hopefully with some cumulative effort we can get galaks site all nice and spangly.

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Grumble -

Have you ever ran across this site??

http://www.df.lth.se/~arnholm/blood/tactics.html

I think this is what you are trying to accomplish. Check out the Orcs and Undead, they have diagramed plays on there. I think that the articles were taken from White Dwarf.

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Well along those lines but again they are still dated a bit.

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

This is a very good idea, However my tactical knowledge is poor,
But heres a good Wood Elf one
Give the Ball to the WARDANCER :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

If thats the only tactic you used no wonder you came last in the top 4 ;]