First 2.ed Team (unpainted) on my site as test...

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

traveller
Da Konstruktor

First 2.ed Team (unpainted) on my site as test...

Post by traveller »

Thanks to a trade with valedictor ( Thx, mate) I completed my 2.ed Orc team. Still unpainted i put it on my site as a test. Next team will be 2.ed Humans, which is one of the teams i have complet, too. In this kind i like to build up a kind of archiv. When i finish painting a mini i will exchange the b/w ones with painted ones. At first i will use german Language. Maybe i will change to english later ? I´m not sure about this, because, as i knew, there are great english pages like Galak´s but hardly german archive pages.

Any comments ? advice ? help ?

Traveller

Reason: ''
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

A very nice paintjob (I'm kidding) ;)

It's a pretty nice idea. I especially like the concept o gallery, and allthe mor ewhen the guy has some real painter talents.

BTW, I have a silly question: you always use a white primed colour, even for orcs, chaos, ... ?

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Finaly one comment :D

Thanks for this !

heeee,
A very nice paintjob (I'm kidding)
what do you mean with " kidding " ? :wink:

The only thing to build up a archive like this... it takes a lot of time. Taking pictures, cleaning up in Photoshop, resize, work with Dreamweaver to build up the page itself,... And than looking for some background information like who designed it, which year,... And then the minis are still not painted. :roll: as i said before so much minis, so much idea... so little time. :wink:

About 95% i´m using white primed colour, because the colour will be brighter at the end. And it´s easier to make something dark than to make it more bright.:wink: IMO.

Traveller

Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

Hi Traveller,

would give me a link to you Bloodbowl Page ?

Thanks a lot
Rel

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Relborn > by cliking on the small icon "www" under all traveller messages, you can go directly on his website. Very well made, btw.

Traveller> "i'm kidding" altough my knowledge of english isn't very good means "it's just a joke". A real pity "ich spräche keine güte deutsch" ! It would be easier ;)

About painting minis, a friend of mine who has a real talent explained to me he only work with dark primed... And it's true you stil can make a smal othe rprimed colour i you want to make the colour brighter (ie or example, after having made a dark primed colour, you should use white primed colour for flesh only...). But it should be a waste of time... When using a white primed colour, my big problem is the "limits" o a colour (ie for example the flesh limits)... WIth a dark ^rimed colour, it's simplier to do, because dark is a natural limit (something like a very dark shade) whereas you can't keep a piece of white primed colour on your mini. But I'm far from a big painter, so maybe that's why I prefer this option.

Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

Thanks DFC

I think the main problem is that the link does not work for me. But that has probably something to do with my office-pc.

Either I try the link from my home pc or I have to travel to Frankfurt to take a real view of the minis :wink:

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

DeFrenchCoach....

no offence taken. :D My english isn´t any better as i think ? :wink:

Relborn...

have be your job´s pc. With both of my PC it´s working...

Here the link anyway..

www.ruediger-rickassel.de

and ... wenn Du in Frankfurt bist, schau mal vorbei :) Biste auch auf der Spiel02 in Essen ?

Just an invitation for Relborn :)

Traveller

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

DFC

I always use white primer. Not one of my figs has been primed black because I couldn't work on black. Tried it once and then gave the fig a nice coat of Nitromorse.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hum, I tried with an halfling yesterday to be frank, and the result is better than I thought... I you keep in mind I'm not a good painter. But I didn't use a spray paint for makig the primed white, so maybe it should be better than that.

Thansk for the feedbacks, anyway.