Play-Creator.com

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MixX
Star Player
Star Player

Play-Creator.com

Post by MixX »

I've been working on an online tactics-applet for Blood Bowl, to assist in making and sharing "plays", defensive setups or perhaps interesting situations to come up between games!

It's located at http://www.play-creator.com

It's (naturally!) 100% free, and requires no software installed (except for the Flash Player, but I can't imagine anyone not having that).

It also interfaces with phpBB boards, so you can share your play with other coaches without having to bother with screen-shots, uploading and such hassle.

A quick overview:

And a closer look at the main screen:
(downsized for filesize reasons)

Cyanide (makers of the upcoming Blood Bowl PC game) have adopted it into their board, so you can see the phpBB integration by going here: http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/v ... ?f=4&t=308

Reason: ''
WorkWork!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

looks pretty good

frogbear
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by frogbear »

That's pretty cool dude.

I likes it allot. I just wish that we could have still used playcreator3.5.swf to generate the pictures. As it is, if I want to use it, I am going to have to screendump, crop the picture in photoshop just to make it usable.

Is there anyway to save a play as a jpg and to have your little advert for playcreator at the bottom of it?

Thanks

*Beside Myself with Grief*
MixX
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MixX »

It actually makes the small images by itself, but talkbloodbowl.com does not support the play-creator tag - it's easily installed, but requires action from the board admin. It cuts out the whole tedious "screenshot - crop - upload" procedure though.

WorkWork!
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

That is very cool, i'll be using it more in the future.

ImageImage
Angeblich
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Angeblich »

Very cool. Will use it for sure!

(minor problem for me: pass-ruler does not correspond to green pass-reference-sheet, which has 4-6 squares for short pass, while yours has 4-7, if i read it correctly...)

MixX
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MixX »

Ah.. well I don't have the actual game anymore (it was given to orphans - no really, it was!) so I kind of had to make the range ruler from online photos. It's an easy enough change though, if I've gotten it wrong on some points.

WorkWork!
Angeblich
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Angeblich »

well, there are different range rulers for the different versions, anyway. so our league goes with the reference-sheet. we use the ruler only for interceptions.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Angeblich wrote:well, there are different range rulers for the different versions, anyway.
I'm pretty certain the range ruler hasn't changed for years - it's still the same one that came in 2nd edition.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Angeblich
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Angeblich »

i can only judge from the astrogranite-edition german to the current edition english. and they are different.

of course you would have to also take the field into account.

so even the same ruler would get different results on different fields.

gotta check, to which ruler-field-combination the green pass-reference-sheet corresponds.

MrBister
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrBister »

...it's the boards (2nd & 3rd) that are different size, not the range rulers, right?

Very nice app! I'll definatly use it!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

MrBister wrote:...it's the boards (2nd & 3rd) that are different size, not the range rulers, right?
Correct (just dug out my old (sun-bleached) 2nd ed range ruler and compared it to the current one.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MixX
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MixX »

does JohnnyP still run TBB? Just wondering since I sent him a PM over a week ago, and it seems he's not been online to read it yet!

WorkWork!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Rarely, and if it's about adding the PlayCreator code, don't hold your breathe - he's still hasn't implemented the php upgrade that he was going to do months ago. :(

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Great stuff!

Just one thing. When you place a player on the field, any chance the player picking area shades out the player just used?

"In Dodge We Trust"