EBAY

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yeah, I got overexcited and bid without looking at all the details.. doh!

I've written to him anyway, it's about time these xenophobic yanks realised there is more to the world the George W's vision of security! :wink:

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Not xenophobia ... so much as simple ignorance or peace of mind.

See when I sell an item to a US person, I can for about 3 USD insurace the package for damages and get confirmation from the postal service when the package was delivered.

When I ship via air overseas, it costs way too much to insure and there are no inexpensive delivery confirmation methods. So if you "tell" me you never received the package and that you want your money refunded, I have no way of proving that you are lying.

This is the biggest reason why people don't do overseas business. The only times my wife and I have gotten burned on Ebay transactions is with people from Europe/England ... between us we've either bought or sold in 500+ auctions.

So its not xenophobia Norse, just a case of not wanted to be screwed.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Deathwing:

The my 'balanced' BB2k1 Snotling rules are:

Players

0-30 Snotling 20,000
5 1 3 5 Dodge, Side Step Right Stuff, Titchy
Agility

Big Guys:
0-4 Stone Troll 100,000
4 5 1 9 Mighty Blow Throw Teammate, Regenerate, Always Hungry, Really Stupid
General, Strength

Rerolls:

Big Guys:
The Snotling team may have up to 4 Big Guy players. Big Guy players may not use Team rerolls.

Titchy:
The player is incredibly tiny (even smaller than a Halfling or Goblin.) To represent this he makes all dodge rolls with a +2 modifier and may ignore any enemy tackle zones on the square he is moving to as long as he is not armed with a secret weapon. Titchy player must increase the range by two categories when they make a pass and opposing coaches may add +2 to the injury roll for a Titchy player. Titchy players do not exert a -1 penalty when dodging into their tackle zone. In addition, it is very hard for the ref to keep track of how many Titchy players are on the pitch at any one time. To represent this a coach may set up extra Titchy players every time he sets up his team (roll a D6: 1=0 extra, 2-3=1 extra, 4-5=2 extra, 6=3 extra), after setting up his normal allocation of 11 players. This may allow teams with Titchy player to have more then eleven player on the field.

Galak

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

OK, thanks for the clarification, no offence was intended. It's just that until a few months back, Europeans couldn't even get a PayPal account!! Sometimes it seems as though we are being discriminated against by the very people we depend upon for international security and prosperity.

Jeez, I wish we had won the war of independence... :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Has anyone tried those Snotling rules out Galak? I am still having nightmares about the last list.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

With the exception of the +2 injury roll, this is how the Amsterdam league plays and they are pretty balanced (we use +1 injury). I played them 2 weeks ago with Dwarves and won, but Tackle helped rather a lot!!

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Just one question, do titchy players count 2 for 1 for roster purposes? i.e. 16 player roster, -4 Trolls leaves 12 slots = 24 Snotlings?
Just to be sure before I number and varnish them. Trolls 1->4. Snots 5 through 28?
Thanks.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Okay ... several things .. I want you to know I'm walking on really thin ice with these explanations:

1) The teams was tested for 15 matches in a normal league season with those rules ... they failed to win a single match with an experienced Stunty/Titchy coach running the team, so they are balanced.

2) As for the number of Snotlings ...depends on how you look at the team ... if you say the Snotlings are 0-16 then they should be 0-32 ... if they were a 0-12 slot then they are 0-24 .... the BB Mag #1 had them at 0-30 ... we tested them at 0-32 during the 15 game season ... what will they be if the BBRC makes them official ... who knows ... I know that 1 or 2 of the BBRC members HATE the snotling roster, even in this very balanced and fixed format ... so there is doubt if you'll ever see them as official.

Anyway, this version of the roster is balanced ... I'm not sure if Norse's dropping the injury roll to only +1 is a good idea or not as I didn't have a problem at all with the team at +2 and I myself think this is an overall balancer to the team.

Anyway thats the data.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

What the hell. I'd better number them 1 upwards then! :smile:
Once again thanks.
They were official when I started painting them, and I was under the impression that most of the reason teams weren't going to be official was because the figures didn't exist. Snot BB figs. do exist (and very characterful they are as well, prob. amongst my faves), all they need do do is make them available again and come up with a roster. Hell, it doesn't even have to be balanced (after all they're not supposed to win), just as long as they're not broken like in 4e!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Trust me ... play the team with these rules and they are back in the fun arena without being broken.

Also ... as for http://www.midgardbb.com being down ... found out that my domain provider cancelled my account due to lack of payment .... EVEN THOUGH I HAD SET UP THE ACCOUNT FOR AUTOMATIC RENEWAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway that little issue is fixed and the domain is once again mine until the end of 2010 ... so the site should be back up and running no later than Friday morning ... sorry about that.

Galak

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I've just bid on a troll and some Snots on Ebay..

Hands off...

PS Galak, it's not my +2 injury rule, the league here has their own rules committee and I ain't on it (Lucy is though...) :sad:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

still no other interest in that WD, so I am on to a winner for 75 cents (+int'l postage of course)

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

That is a blinding result! I bought two copies when it came out for the spare counters at the full £3.50 each!

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I will let you know if I win.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voyagers_uk on 2002-02-07 14:53 ]</font>

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

On 2002-01-29 20:19, Deathwing wrote:
Just won this Ripper, trying to save a bit on a new one, but ended up paying the same price after one of my youngest got caught up in the bidding fun and offered to donate 50p!
Has the whole world gone Troll crazy??? :grin:
Arrived today, and very nicely painted by the seller he is too (better in the flesh than the photo). Quick turnaround as well, so I thought I'd give the guy a plug as he's obviously spent a lot of time on a quality paint job, and I'm feeling a tad guilty at paying a total of £8 for it.
So if you see anything painted by sylva7 for sale, you can bid with confidence on the painting quality. Top stuff. :smile: