Huntingdon & District Wargames Society Blood Bowl League

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

WeeManBiggins
Experienced
Experienced

Huntingdon & District Wargames Society Blood Bowl League

Post by WeeManBiggins »

Quite a mouthful!

We are a regular seasonal Blood Bowl League hosting matches every two weeks for the normal league format which runs from September - March normally.

Our website can be viewed at: http://www.hdwsbbl.co.uk with full in depth stats, team listings, player listings, previous seasonal results, Team News Network (Blogs for the teams) and much more.

Please have a look and let us know your feedback.

Reason: ''
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Huntingdon & District Wargames Society Blood Bowl League

Post by antipixi »

I have a few questions:

1. By every 2 weeks, do you mean that games are scheduled every other week or do you have 2 weeks to play a fixture?

2. Are you looking for new coaches?

3. If the answer to 2 is yes, when is your next season? Are there games between now and then?

Thanks for your response.

Chris

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
WeeManBiggins
Experienced
Experienced

Post by WeeManBiggins »

Hi Chris,

1. Matches are scheduled every other week, as we are part of a much bigger Wargames group people like to play other things so we allow for a bit of breathing space.
2. We always welcome new people to the league :)
3. We are currently finishing the 2011/12 season and will not be starting till September. However we are always playing Blood Bowl and have a stunty league planned and a dungeon bowl tournament just for fun :) again you are more than welcome to come and join us. Also if you wish to play anything else there are over 40+ people who turn out each week playing all sorts of different games from ancients to WWII. Our little collection who participate in the league. mainly play Blood Bowl, so there will be no shortage of opponents.

Hope this helps, and hope this sounds interesting to you.

- Turps

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

Couple of questions from me too:

1. Do you have a forum or something to schedule games (e.g. friendly games between league games etc), or is it a case of turn up on the day and play?

2. What rules do you have for Dungeonbowl and Stunty leagues? I'd be very interested in these but not sure what figures I'd need... While on that subject, I've a lot of half-painted / unpainted teams at the moment, what are rules about using those in the league?

I'm hopefully moving early May and will be about 15 minutes walk from the club, so it would almost be rude to not pop along :P

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
WeeManBiggins
Experienced
Experienced

Post by WeeManBiggins »

The more the merrier Sandwich :)

1. As a Wargames club mainly, people turn up every week (sad people like me :P ) So we arrange anything that is not to do with the league a week before. Once we get into playing stunty and Dungeon Bowl our website can handle the data but I think we will have a blog made up on our Team News Network http://network.hdwsbbl.co.uk/

2. Im not sure on Dungeonbowl as I am not running that (I run the league after all :D ) Stunty leagues we are still deciding upon so watch this space. We have a rule that figures must be painted and are recognisable to their position. Star Players must be painted and represent the player. But friendlies and the other tournaments its not a problem to bring unpainted or half painted figures.

Please do pop down, it's a great venue and the club is brilliant (I've been going for almost 12 years!) Plus if you play other tabletop or board games their are tons of people to play against or join in with.

Hope to see you soon!

antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

I hope to be along one Thursday in the next couple of months and will probably be able to play in your next league (if that is ok).

I live in Bedford, Work in Stevenage and have 2 young children, so the once a fortnight gaming about 45 mins from home works quite well for me. (Especially since my current gaming consists of about 4 or 5 tournaments a year + maybe 3 get together with friends if I'm lucky.)

Might have a friend in Ely who'll be interested too. He's aiming to finish his Masters this summer, so your next season would be perfect timing! :D

Chris

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
WeeManBiggins
Experienced
Experienced

Post by WeeManBiggins »

Sounds great :) . We are looking at around 20 for next season so the more the merrier. 25 if we are lucky and 32 for absolute perfection :P

Cerumol
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cerumol »

Hi,

Is thus still an active league? If it is can you let me know where you meet and which day of the week all the scion happens.

Thx