BBGridiron.com formally known as Blood-Bowl.co.uk

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

tazdevilal
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Blood-Bowl.co.uk

Post by tazdevilal »

juergen wrote:just because something is free to download means you can use it for your own stuff :roll:
Yes but at NO point do i state that i wrote the stuff. Also as i stated it is simply a rapid resource finding thing so in essence if you wanted i could just have pages with just links to the rule book again and again saying "look for page such and such".

Gonna reiterate legal stuff again even though theres a huge section at the bottom of each page.

Also reason for taking the playbooks and replicating them is that i couldnt be bothered constantly searching for them again and again sooooo i lumped them all in the one place.

The one thing i will prob change for the downloads page is have the rule book PDF link to the main games workshop downloads section for blood bowl......

Reason: ''
tazdevilal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tazdevilal »

Oh and regarding the reace profiles. They are going to be overhauled and re-written. I'll admit i got lazy and yanked most of the stuff stright from the rule book but seeing as these can change (ie the histories etc in them) i dont think i really need to have them as detailed.

Btw this is all good stuff coming from everyone and i welcome ALL comments as im hoping to make this a better and better site in the long run

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Have you sought permisson from the respective owners of the pictures you've used?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I think the site could be great, and should be what the NAF library looks like, from a certain point of view. However, the links to playbooks should be a link to Plasmoid's site, the link to the rules should be a link to where CRP lives on the GW site. It would be great if we could get permission from GW to reproduce all the fluff, and so on.

It's easy to be negative, and I think what a lot of people are seeing is "stolen" images and words, when there is no need to do that, and this is what is causing the negativity towards what should be a great resource.

No need for another forum, though... ;)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

sann0638 wrote: It's easy to be negative, and I think what a lot of people are seeing is "stolen" images and words, when there is no need to do that, and this is what is causing the negativity towards what should be a great resource.
I don't try to be negative, I just want to warn him that he is doing something that can cause trouble for him

GW IP on what you CANNOT do: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... 02&start=4
- Use our trademarks in respect of your domain name.

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
tazdevilal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tazdevilal »

Cheers Sann
I'm going to be creating a link directly to the live rule book page of GW so if they change it then it will always be upto date.
There seems to be a few people who want me to alter the playbooks section so i'm gonna have each playbook like to plasmoids site directly but maintian the structure.

Got so many ideas to do but not enough time to implement them all due to time restrictions through work and building a loft in my house (though almost done this so hopefully more time).

In regards to the actual web address... i can see where people are coming from so i have actually purchased a different web address called bbgridiron.com ut this new web address will not be up and running for a couple of days.......
If GW want to buy the blood-bowl.co.uk web name off me their more than welcome to as i hear that blood bowl may make a comeback this year.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

juergen wrote: I don't try to be negative, I just want to warn him that he is doing something that can cause trouble for him
Absolutely :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
tazdevilal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tazdevilal »

Once again. Thanks for all the advice (particularly the legal stuff)
As i have said i have purchased a different web address (which i like more than the one i have actually...lol) and i have begun to alter the content text (god help my spelling :lol: ) and also i will be looking at the imagery.
I will also be altering several of the links accordingly.

However once again if anyone has anything they want me to add please let me know cheers. :D

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Oh dear. I'm very surprised at GW not already owning the domain

#n00berror :lol:

tazdevilal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tazdevilal »

yes i was a bit surprised with that too.

anyhow to stop any issues with them i have transfered all content to the following web adress and will be building a slight theme around the new name
http://www.bbgridiron.com
I'm going to take the redirection link off of te domain name blood-bowl.co.uk hopefully that will save these sleepless nights of possibly being sued :-? :o

Smithysworld
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Smithysworld »

Good site. Well done, thumbs up. And hey if they sue you, they can't take what you don't have. So rock on

Matt 'The Ginger Prince' Smith

NAF no. 15560
BBLE record: Smithsville Tigers (Humans) 12/0/4
Southfarthing Pie Men (Flings) 2/0/0
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Real nice site. Now let me throw some gas on the fire, because you've got nothing else to do. :D

How about the rules for Streetball, maybe the top (small number) of common house ruled teams, you get the idea. Serious push for the Streetball rules. They can be found on the Zlurpee forums. Thanks for all the work you've done already.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Blood-Bowl.co.uk

Post by Shteve0 »

+1 for most common (3?) house teams - spread the word!

viewtopic.php?p=673388#p673388

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
tazdevilal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tazdevilal »

I've pinged an email off to Zlurpee about adding a street bowl area. So hopefully hear from him soon on the matter.
Keep those ideas coming folks.
Have added the Chaos Pact and Slann section to the races lists. Also added a did you know random generator part in the tavern section to add a bit of fun.... so any other did you know facts wil be gratefully recieved and added to the lists. :D

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

The did you know part is fun. Great idea.