BBGridiron.com formally known as Blood-Bowl.co.uk

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

tazdevilal
Rookie
Rookie

BBGridiron.com formally known as Blood-Bowl.co.uk

Post by tazdevilal »

Hi all. I've created a new Blood Bowl site (like many people do cause its a great sport and game to make one for)
The site at present has a host of Star players in their original Card format along with histories for 14 of the most famous teams to ever hit the astrogranite (though i have plans to add more teams as resources become available)
The site also has several playbooks and the current LRB PDF's to look at. If there are any others out there please tell me about them and i will add them to the site.

Its my hope to make this a hub for blood bowl histories and lore for the game as well as provide resource materials that are easier to find (had a bitch of a time finding out who won what for the 4 majors in recnet years)

Hope you all like it and please any suggestions for expansion are very much appreciated

http://www.blood-bowl.co.uk

UPDATE as of 28/03/13
site url changed to the following
http://www.bbgridiron.com

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Blood-Bowl.co.uk

Post by lunchmoney »

With that URL do expect a letter from GW legal.......

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

...and one for the content. You've got stuff in more detail than Galak had, and his site got shot to $hit after GW's legal team was finished.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

hopefully it stays up though, lot of cool resources there

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Send them a letter back. I suggest "Q". There isn't a lot of grounds for legal action based on the URL, so I doubt you'll ever see them do more than send you a strongly worded letter. You can count on zero fingers the number of sites that were forcefully shut down after receiving a C&D from GW and ignoring it.

We know that the scarecrow and the tin man were after, but what does the BB community need again?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Blood-Bowl.co.uk

Post by Shteve0 »

Well, not another middle finger, I'd humbly suggest.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

I assume you come mostly from the computer version, as I notice that Slann and Chaos Pact are missing but Underworld and Khorne are there in the roster part.

Praise Nuffle!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Blood-Bowl.co.uk

Post by Shteve0 »

You forgot the Apes, too :D

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

duckwing wrote:I assume you come mostly from the computer version, as I notice that Slann and Chaos Pact are missing but Underworld and Khorne are there in the roster part.
... also the fact that the "available stars" only match those in Cyanide, rather than all the ones available for a team in CRP

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

It does look very nice. It would be good if it said "wholly endorsed by GW" because they supported it!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
tazdevilal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tazdevilal »

Thanks all.
Will be updating rosters to show the Pact teams and also the Slann teams shortly.
The reason for some star players missing is due to not being able to find good pictures of the figures to represent them. I'm currently searching these out though. If anyone has suggestions on others stars to add then please mention them and i'll see about whipping up their entries.

As stated in other entries i do realise that copyright is a tricky situation but seeing as the LRB is a FREE downloadable from the main GW resource page then it should be alright to replicate the famous teams histories as a method of allowing quick reference instead of having the person trawel through the rule book PDF.
I have however removed the Blood Bolw histories area as this was a bit redundant i think.
I was thinking of creating a modern famous team section so if anyone would like to have their teams entered into this then send me the info or post here and i'll see about adding them.

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

just because something is free to download means you can use it for your own stuff :roll:

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

the CRP clearly states this on page 1 (bottom of the page)

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

FUMBBL has pictures of all the stars. I don't know where they stand on letting others post those pictures on the web.

Praise Nuffle!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Just found the Playbooks section - nice Ogre one! (by me)

It would be better to have the link to the original source I think, rather than replicating the playbooks.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler