Blood-Bowl.net .... what next

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Its been several months since I've done a look at traffic and I see that Blood-Bowl.net is getting about 300 hits a day now ... that's about triple what it was the last time I looked .... wow!

Okay, so what part of the web site that isn't finished do you guys want to see me get finished first???

The missing CJ articles
Some material from the old rulebooks
A picture gallery of my collection
Post up all the alternate rules that I've been collection from other sites
OLD White Dwarf articles
Better documenation/pictures of the official miniatures for Blood Bowl throughout history

I'm listening.

The only thing you CANNOT ask for is for me to post anything that GW is still actively selling ... 3rd edition rules, BB MAG #1 or #2 articles, and any CJ article #44 to present.

One of the reason that GW legal has left me alone so far is that I'm very careful to not mess with their profits. So as long as you stay away from current items, I'm willing to entertain ideas.

The first priority is getting an MBBL rules page up with the rules for the MBBL league as an easy reference for them. But after that I need some ideas.

Galak

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GalakStarscraper on 2002-03-29 06:16 ]</font>

Reason: ''
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

On 2002-03-29 06:15, GalakStarscraper wrote:
The missing CJ articles
A picture gallery of my collection
Better documenation/pictures of the official miniatures for Blood Bowl throughout history
Galak
Hi Galak...

Just a few words about BB Mag 1 &2: are you sure there are still available in GW UK Mail order ?

Personnaly, here's my top 3:

1/ Better documenation/pictures of the official miniatures for Blood Bowl throughout history

2/ A picture gallery of my collection

3/ The missing CJ articles

Not only because I'm fond of Blood Bowl minis, but also because there are a lot of rules on your website, and pictures (official or some of your collection) should be a good addition...

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Pics of your collection would be cool, just as long as they're a bit smaller than Neo's Res pics! :wink:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Trust me ... unlike Neo, I guess ... I pay WAY to much for server space to put up pics of that size.

I'm seriously considering that I may need to break down and pay the extra 5 USD /month to get my account up to 100 meg of space of blood-bowl.net.

I WAS using http://www.PhotoPoint.com for pic storage, but the b*****ds went out of business WITHOUT emailing their customers and without warning us so that we could download our own pics before they went bankrupt. So I'm a little leary of using another provider.

So if 5 USD a month to get 50 meg of space is a good deal, I'll do it, but if anyone has any better suggestions, I'd love to hear them .... remember we are probably talking a decent bandwidth also ... I already pay for 20 GB bandwidth on blood-bowl.net. So if I use a different provider for pics, he has to be reliable, fast, have decent bandwith limits, and cost less than 60/year.

I'll see what I can do for pics.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Is there no "free" provider ? In France, you can use 100 Mo with Free... for free :smile:...

Another idea... but its not great, I suppose: becoming an ebay affiliate... If I have to click on your banneer instead of looking my bookmark, I will be happy to do it... and I go on ebay sometimes on a day :wink:

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Just take a look on your website Galak... a thing which may great... would be to update the phil phig's page, if he still could work on the others teams (half-orcs, werewolves...)... unless I'm the only one to have "preordered"since 2/5/02 (for one of all that would come, just remember it :wink: ), it may be attractive for those ones who still hasitate to see for example, we need only 2 for asking a werewolf team... but maybe your non-update was due to the fact phil was injured (phil, if you read it, best wishes for your fist)

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

phil's doing much better (whoever he is), expect to see some pics of recent work soon as he starts clearing the 10mm backlog off his table and gets around to other things...

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

minis sculptor... it should be a nice work, if you're passionate... But I can't imagine those ones who choose this way are not passionate.

Many thanks for your informations, Lucien...

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

On 2002-03-29 22:35, DaFrenchCoach wrote:
minis sculptor...
he is? :razz:

maybe someone should tell him that, last time i checked, he still insists that he's a mediocre software engineer...

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

It would be great if you could finish those Old Team rosters Gouged Eye, Eagles and maybe even a few others.

Otherwise those other CJ articles

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Trust me ... unlike Neo, I guess ... I pay WAY to much for server space to put up pics of that size.

Galak
If you need some space for pictures, I'll put some up and you can just reference them. I have DSL, and my own server here at home.

John -

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Thanks Neo,

However, I'm cursed the only company that I've used their server space that did not suffer complete hard drive burnout within 2 months is Geocities.

I would not destroy your server by allowing you to help me.

I really appreciate the offer though.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Thanks Neo,

However, I'm cursed the only company that I've used their server space that did not suffer complete hard drive burnout within 2 months is Geocities.

I would not destroy your server by allowing you to help me.

I really appreciate the offer though.

Galak

Moosifer
Rookie
Rookie

Server space

Post by Moosifer »

Hey Tom

Give me a couple of months, and you can use my server. Since I built a computer for my partner, I figured it would be easier to upgrade mine, and the project just grew, so I've got a 4HD system running RAID 10, and if any of those drives burn out I've got a years guarentee on them, so you can do your worst :lol:

Mark

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

As DFC said would be great if you can improve data from old editions, maybe photos and contents of each box/edition. I think I'm not alone trying to know if something I bought or bid on ebay is worth its cost or is complete. But, at the end just one thing to say... Thanks for your job!