Give me a plug .... if you want

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

actually

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

May I make 1 tiny suggestion?
A navagation bar on the side or top so you can jump to what you want without scrolling.
This might spruce it up a bit and make navigation easier.
Not needed but it might help.

Reason: ''
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

I absolutely love the site. Its the first place I turn to try to figure out a question. If all else fails, the site will probably have it. :D

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Anyone have some simple html they can give me for a nagivation bar that doesn't move from the top of the screen or the left side (prefer top I think)

Galak

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Galak,

A static navigation field can be made in two way, both having benefits and drawbacks.

1. Frames - This makes bookmarking content pages a pain. The web wasn't really designed for how frames work.

2. CSS stylesheets - No problem with bookmarking, but some (mostly older) browsers don't follow the CSS specification, so you'd need some voodoo to make it cross-browser.

Some alternatives include scrolling navigation on left or right, scrolling navigation on top (and possibly also on the bottom if pages are long). Splitting up your site into more pages, so that they all fit in the window at the same time (which means you can use whatever navigation system you like). I'm sure there are others as well...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I believe your site could use some layout work. You don't have to have fancy graphics to make a page look nice. It's all a matter of layout and structure. That being said, the content on your site is highly excellent.

If you want, I could take a shot at creating a graphics-free layout for you. I'm not making any guarantees it'll be good though.. :)

I would really prefer not to create framed pages, as I really don't like them myself. But if you insist, I'll help you out.

-- Christer

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

No frames .... I'll see what I can do about the one page idea so Navigation is more straight forward.

Galak