Give me a plug .... if you want

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Give me a plug .... if you want

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay, I'm annoyed ... I work a lot to try to get info on my site ( http://ww.blood-bowl.net ) ... I just got added to the Warp index for GW webpages and my 1st review was a 4 out of 10 .... :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Okay, the site is meant to be as much raw information as I can give the community on the game ... does it have the graphics of the BBC or the TBBL ... nope, but its a content site.

Anyway, if any of you want to help me out with this one ... take 15 seconds and rate the site at http://www.gwgateway.com/html/gp21.html

Thanks.

Galak

Reason: ''
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Galak,

Voted a 9 out of 10........

Good Luck!

Dave

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

I think most ppl vote purely on visual appeal before content, which is why you were rated so low (and as a professional web designer I use this human trait to its full effect :lol:). The ratings should be divided into content and design categories to be realy representative of what the sites offer. As a site for BB info Blood-Bowl.net is IMO unsurpassed. There isn't much in the way of design however, but who realy needs it so lang as all the info you need is easily accesible.

I am off to vote for you now 8)

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

At least your site is on it.

Our site isn't even mentioned.

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

Lucy - use the 'add url' link in the top of the page to add your own. I did recently add our online league.
I have found an old spanish league we played (5 years ago!) using Avi Stetto BBIRC. The page is still up, even though there haven't been any development nor any league match at the league pages.

i feel quite old now!

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Yeah I wouldn't reall put any faith in those ratings, they are a waste of time IMO. We all know the site rocks, as a matter of fact I'm glad it's as plain as it is, it loads in about a millisecond ;)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

Yeah I wouldn't reall put any faith in those ratings, they are a waste of time IMO. We all know the site rocks, as a matter of fact I'm glad it's as plain as it is, it loads in about a millisecond
that is actualy a very good point. The fact that it loads fast is a huge bonus. None of us go there for the pretty pictures, but purely for the info... well, I do at least :)

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Agreed. It's the best reference source out there, like Ant says, it rocks!
The hit count alone should tell you what a valuable resource it is for the BB community.

FWIW though, I did pop over and give a rating. :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Galak GW is very ungratedful to you.
Cos your site (except its too numerous teams ;) ) is really cool and usefull. :)

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Just to respond really quick.

I've turned down free offers to add a really nice graphic interface to the website simply for the reason that I wanted the lightning fast load time that Anthony spoke of .... to me my goal for blood-bowl.net was the ultimate library source for BB. Libraries aren't glitzy ...

Thanks for the support. Anyway, I hired two guys WHO VOLUNTEERED to type up additional material for the site ... paid to send them all the goods, and they both suddenly decided that typing for a 1 USD per a page wasn't worth it so they bailed without typing a single page ... :pissed:

So maybe on my 2 1/2 week vacation/holdiay at my father-in-law's beach house coming up at the end of the May, I'll try to do some more site content myself. I'm in the process of scanning pictures of my collection for a gallery page for the site also (finally got my wife to let me get a scanner in addition to the digital camera).

Anyway, thanks guys!

Galak

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i have voted for you!!!

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Rating is now up at 9.2 Galak...

I agree with everone here, a brilliant source of info though maybe a bit plain to look at (a bit like me.. :wink: :lol: )

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Gotta agree with Anthony.

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

The load time more than makes up lack of glitter.
Don't sweat it, Tom, anybody who rates it low is probably illiterate and anyone who avoids it because of some internet rating is probably a nose picker.

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Your site is almost perfect in my book. I agree with everyone else, graphics would only slow it down needlessly.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

After I get finished with my marathon updating of the PBeM tool ... LOTS of new stuff added ... I hope to get more content on the site including the gallery of my collection.

Work in progress, but my list of things I want to do the tool is down to 8 items ... after that back to the website.

Gotta get some more content on their to keep the masses coming back.

Galak