ACGBBL Website

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mad Makz
Rookie
Rookie

ACGBBL Website

Post by Mad Makz »

Hey everyone, new to the site and I'd just like to mention the fantastic website set up for the Winter League at my local gaming club, The City-Guard of Auckland, New Zealand. (Any other Kiwis on here?)

The site is http://www.solitudo.com/bloodbowl/index.html

On it is all the league rules, and will probably have some pics of the teams and stuff as we get round to putting them up, so if you want to have a look feel free.

Also, we've decided to trial the kicking rules from Citadel Journal, so if anyone out there has any experience with them, or want to keep track of a league that has put them in action, here's your chance to comment/observe.

Cheers, and long live Blood Bowl.

Reason: ''
Mad Makz

Proud member of the City Guard

http://go.to/cityguard/
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Nice, very neat layout, I like it!

Should re-do fragalot.com someday I suppose, we are lagging in the website dept :-? Still, that would mean I'd have to do regular updates *shudder*

Larry The Zombie
Rookie
Rookie

bb website

Post by Larry The Zombie »

:o wow that really is a nice website! good work their lado

Larry says 'The best way to stop those pansy elves is to kick 'em in the knackers.' :)
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

Slick site. :smoking: I really enjoyed the game reports. I'm interested in seeing how the kicking rules work out over the season. Well done!

jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

Nice and clean webiste. Really well layed out.

Congrats!! :smoking: :smoking:

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

I have a question for Mad Makz, or for the webmaster of this website: is the picture of the main page (the menu bar) is a GW original one, or made by yourself ? A very nice design !

Mad Makz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mad Makz »

I am afraid I can't take responsibility for the Website, it's the work of our awesome league commisioner Christian Schwager. He used to play Blood Bowl in Germany, so maybe there are some of his old opponents on here that could give us the low down on his tactics? :)

At any rate, I believe he's a pro web designer, so we just lucked out and he put the hard yards in for the love of the game to make the awesome site. (Though we generally put in the reports, and he edits them to a convenient size. :) ) I was wondering about that piccie myself DaFrenchCoach, I'll give him an e-mail and ask him.

On a side note, I recently had a game against some High Elves with my Skaven (The Foul Peak Freaks) and the kicking rules proved vital! It was a draw at turn 8, High Elves receiving (I had one turn left after) and instead of the normal "Oh well, nothing left to do but punish each other" mentality, we both had the opportunity to score and win!

I kicked deep, right in the corner, making it a difficult, but not impossible play for the High Elves to score (their all round High Agility means they are pretty good at the kicking game as well as everything else). Of course, as is always the way, an elf dodge was failed despite requiring a 2+, and with no re-rolls to be had it left the ball clear for me. So my thrower ran across the field, snatched the ball, doubled back and handed off to a gutter runner, who weaved his way down the pitch and scored a last second field goal! Winning me the game 8-6 (2 points a FG, 3 a TD)

In my first game It was a nail biter as well, with the final score being 9-8 to me, with the opponent just missing a field goal to win in the final turn. As an added bonus on top of winning twice in a row, two 6's in a row on the winnings table mean after two games I have 14 players, including 2 stormvermin a Rat Ogre, a thrower, a kicker and 3 gutter runners, and my fan factor just hit 10! (On the down side it means opponents are already getting to roll on the handicap table against me! :) )

The FG rules are pretty damned good, not too powerful (kicking is reasonably difficult, though Gutter Runners, Elves and other fast AG-4+ troops find one more thing that they are good at with their inclusion).,
But they make EVERY turn count, whether it's the first or the last, so while fast agile teams still remain the best at scoring in one turn, it is possible for pretty much ANY team to achieve. Even dwarves could be quite good, if they set up a perimeter around a runner and barrelled down the field, even if they can't make the touch down in time the runner should be able to get close enough to have a punt, making a Dwarf comeback that much more feasible.

They're definitely one experimental rule that I think is worth keeping.

Mad Makz

Proud member of the City Guard

http://go.to/cityguard/
Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

WHOAW !

Cool. i want a wabsite like that :)

Poul