AGBBL

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bampf
Experienced
Experienced

AGBBL

Post by bampf »

Another shameless plug. The AGBBL (The Adventurer's Guild BloodBowl League) has just finished their 11 week regular season and are gearing up for the Playoffs. Check out the site (programmed by me), and be sure to read our newsletters!

AGBBL

PS. My team is the FleshFlayers.

Reason: ''
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Nice Bampf... I see you added 'box scores' to the schedule page... any chance of passing that bit o' code along? :wink:

I also had a question about the schedule and how it determines which game to use when reporting. So far it seems that it always highlights the wrong week for me. Say I am in week 2 and the teams meet again in week 7, it would report the game in week 7 and not 2. Any ideas?

Oh.... my other question... have you given any thought as to how you are going to handle multiple seasons?

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
bampf
Experienced
Experienced

Reporting order

Post by bampf »

I can pass along that new code to you no problem. I ve made a number of improvements while customizing the code for other leagues, the box scores being one of them (they were implemented around week 8, so scores before then show no stats).

I m afraid the reporting of games isn t exactly intelligent when there are multiple match-ups. It simply uses the order the games are encountered in the db, assuming week 2 will be listed before week 7 etc.

Multiple seasons? Hmm... good question. Our league restarts with rookie rosters and no carry over, so I just blank the dbs and copy and paste...

-bampf

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

The answer to both problems may be a simple db flag... week # when reporting and season #. Then adding those to the stats... and making a season stats and career stats. I will have to play around. Thanks for the update, I will look it over this weekend.

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Gutripper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gutripper »

Dont know if this will help or not but I use season #, round #(probably the same as your week #) and match #. Using the match number allows me to track the individual matches within a round.

Also does anyone here know ASP very well? stuck on trying to get individual player pages without having to build each individual page.

bampf
Experienced
Experienced

Players

Post by bampf »

Individual player pages is high on the feature wish-list for our spring season. My plan is to show player stats, week by week performances and an current streaks (ie "has scored a TD in 3 consecutive games).

Gutripper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gutripper »

I finally figured out how to do this without having to build each individual page. You can use url parameters and have your database search off that. For mine I assigned each player an ID number and passed that number from the roster to the generic player page. It was pretty easy to build once I learned about URL parameters.