Web stite feedback

Want to promote your fantasy football website, here's the place.

Moderator: TFF Mods

ORTHODUB
Experienced
Experienced

Web stite feedback

Post by ORTHODUB »

I have finaly got me a website and minature pics on it. Well the pics are quite large actualy so i wouldnt access it on dial up. Have a look and see what you think. it is very much a work in progress at the moment and i am hoping to get my kodak lenses soon and improve the detail no end. The link is

http://www.freewebs.com/orthodub

or use the link at the bottom.

I will stress this is very much a work in progress site a only has a little BB content at the moment, But that will soon change when i get the close up lense.
Thanks

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

well your painting is certainly better than mine but the site has a few formatting problems

ORTHODUB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ORTHODUB »

Thank-you i have been putting a lot of work into my painting in the last twelve months. Need tips on the web site construction though, is it best to learn that text language or buy a template package ?

Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

Impresive painting !!

great dwarf army !!

the site also looks pretty good I think!! ( I can't do better.)

nice site !

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

webmonkey does good tutorials on making sites

the biggest problem is your large photos are pushing the layout about so you need something more fluid or use thumbnails as links to the larger pictures to open in a new browser or such like

if you want any more advice feel free to ask

ORTHODUB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ORTHODUB »

yeah i noticed that with the photo size. I posted unformated 5 meg photos on there to begin with. Wow not a good idea.....
I will try to improve the site once my photography gets better, the BB photos were taken when the camera was low on battery and i think the quality has suffered as a result.
Thanks for the feedback anyway :D

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

I looked for your website and swrote into your guestbook, before i read all those posts here, too. :oops: I wrote the same about the picts size :roll:

BTW Nice Slayers... somewhere i got this dwarf with dragonhead hiding in my drawers, too. Unpainted :oops:

Traveller

ORTHODUB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ORTHODUB »

i am thinking of using a gallery service insead of freewebs as they dont realy give you many options with pictures. I see what people mean about the picture size though, way too big.
Thanks for the feedback traveller, trying to get a cheap dwarf BB team to paint up the same style as the slayers. Should be good.....

bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bluetooth »

I thought I wrote my comments on your guestbook, but dont see my entry there. Hmmm... Unless you have to approve the comments, my comment disappeared :(

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII
ORTHODUB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ORTHODUB »

in all fairness i dont know how the guestbook works as i can see the comments when i visit my own site. Just added a new link to the site that takes you to my sister site for painting in development. I seem to have got a better format with that one, i think. Have a look and see if you agree.

bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bluetooth »

I had a look and my comments seem to be there now. Maybe it just takes Guestbook few moments to be updated?

I checked the other site of yours and like it a lot. IMO looks a lot better than the "older sister" ;). You could use thumbnails, tho.

Keep up the good work.

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII
ORTHODUB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ORTHODUB »

thanks again bluetooth, i am glad my efforts have paid off with a better site. I will proberbly go back and change the older sister, kind of like booking her in for a bit of surgery :D .
I wish i could get thumbnails working though as i also feel it would improve my galleries and speed up site usage.