GW BB Dice

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

GW BB Dice

Post by Vanguard »

Can anyone confirm that GW have actually been releasing two sets of dice per race so far, one as a Racial set and one as a Team set. As far as I can tell they're in the same colour but the Team variation has a marble effect.

We had Human and Orc racial dice in the box set. They then released Reikland Reavers and Gouged Eye team variants.
We had the same with Skaven and Skavenblight Scramblers dice.
So far we've only had Goblin racial dice.
I think we had the same with Dwarves, but missed out on the racial dice first time round. I picked up a set when they were 're-released' but these are labelled as Dwarf Giants dice and have the marble effect to them, so I'm thinking they're not actually a re-release of the original racial dice.

Anyone able to confirm this theory and it's not just a change in how GW have designed and marketed the dice? Do we know if the original Skaven and Dwarf racial dice will be reappearing at any point?

Reason: ''
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Re: GW BB Dice

Post by mikeyc222 »

the new skaven dice are SLIGHTLY different than the original set, but not by much. the dwarf dice were always the "dwarf giants" dice. it's not super easy to see, but if you look closely, you can read the "dwarf giants" label in the attached picture i took when i first got my original set.

on a side note, you may notice that the dwarf giants dice did not go on pre-order, they simply came back in stock. i believe the skaven dice went on pre-order because they were actually different for whatever reason, but the dwarf giants dice simply went back in stock because i believe they are the same dice as before.
i haven't checked the
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I can confirm what Mikey has said. He has some nice pics on his blog of the recent dice and you can also see my write-up here:
https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/671526 ... 1535200487

I don't think they have been marketing the dice as "racial" versus "team". The only 'team' branding you really get is in the dice colors and the symbol used in place of the "6" on the d6's. The 6's either have a "BB" logo or a "Team" symbol.

Here's what we have so far:
Boxed set Blue dice - blue dice/white paint - BB d6
Boxed set Green dice - green dice/white paint - BB d6
Skaven dice - translucent green dice/goldish paint - BB d6
Dwarf Giants dice - marbled white dice/blue paint - Team symbol d6
Reikland Reavers dice - blue dice/gold paint - Team symbol d6
Skavenblight Scramblers (re-release) - translucent green dice/copperish paint - Team symbol d6
Gouged Eye dice - green dice/red paint - Team symbol d6
Goblin Team dice - black dice/yellow paint - Team symbol d6

Following that progression, it seems to me that they used a more generic BB logo on the d6s to begin with. At some point they maybe decided to make the dice match the teams more by switching the BB logo with the Team symbol on the d6. The somewhat confusing part though, is that they labelled the Goblin dice as "Blood Bowl Goblin Team dice" instead of "Scarcrag Snivellers Team dice".

Another question one has to wonder is "Will they release dice sets for the Orcland Raiders and Bright Crusaders?". Since they have those teams available via add-on parts from Forgeworld. My guess is "no", but you never know. If they do, then there is the follow-up question of whether Faust, being the dice fanatic that he is, will end up buying them?! No, I'm not really a dice fanatic. Not at all. Nope.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

thorough follow up, faust! as a side note, i don't really consider the blue and green dice in the boxed set as "racial" dice, personally. i view them as more color coded to the different teams in the box so that it's REALLY easy for new players to know how many dice they need and to keep "my dice" easily distinguishable from "your dice." not saying you're wrong, vanguard. you could very well be right. i'm simply saying how i view them.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I agree--I think GW recognized that the Skaven dice with the generic BB symbols for the 6 face were a missed opportunity and fixed them for the re-release. I'd be surprised to see more than one set per race going down the line.

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Bsking
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bsking »

faust_33 wrote:Here's what we have so far:
Skavenblight Scramblers (re-release) - translucent green dice/copperish paint - Team symbol d6
Just because it's itching my OCD, I believe you have the Skaven Dice the wrong way round ...

The original release (with the BB d6) was the one called the "Skavenblight Scramblers", whereas the re-release with the team symbol d6 is the one called "Skaven Team Dice Set" (which seems the wrong way round to me, but ho-hum).

However, onto my actual reason for posting. Has anyone else noticed any quality control issues on the latest sets of dice? I've noticed on a couple of the sets I got (the Skaven and the Reikland Reavers) that the coloured paint in the dots has leaked out of the pips and onto the dice face as well ...

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Bsking wrote:the re-release with the team symbol d6 is the one called "Skaven Team Dice Set"
Nope...
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Bl ... e-Set-2017
"Skavenblight Scramblers Dice Set"

*edit*

Never mind... the listing on the page says Skavenblight Scramblers, but the image of the dice container says Skaven team... interesting.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Bsking wrote:
faust_33 wrote:Here's what we have so far:
Just because it's itching my OCD, I believe you have the Skaven Dice the wrong way round ...

The original release (with the BB d6) was the one called the "Skavenblight Scramblers", whereas the re-release with the team symbol d6 is the one called "Skaven Team Dice Set" (which seems the wrong way round to me, but ho-hum).

However, onto my actual reason for posting. Has anyone else noticed any quality control issues on the latest sets of dice? I've noticed on a couple of the sets I got (the Skaven and the Reikland Reavers) that the coloured paint in the dots has leaked out of the pips and onto the dice face as well ...
Yea, I couldn't recall how the Skaven dice were originally labelled on GW's web site. The new ones are listed as "Skavenblight Scramblers Dice Set".

I haven't noticed any issues with the quality of the new dice. Other than the gold on blue Reikland Reavers dice are really hard to read. I had to pick up the die with a "Both Down" result to actually figure out what that was supposed to be.

I thought the Gouged Eye dice set with its red paint on green dice, was going to be the most difficult to read. However, I found that wasn't really an issue and they turned out to be my favorite dice of the new sets.