first of a new project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

first of a new project

Post by Evil Git »

not being too good at all this painting lark, and certainly not with this converting malarky these are some of the better miniatures that i've managed to finish for my new project, a dwarf team.

so far i've got two nearly finished models. just baseing to do on them. i've got a turn counter and an apothocary sorted with troll slayers well on their way to being finished.

basically i'm looking for any sort of comments from yourselves to tell me where i'm going wrong on these things. i think that they're ok but a long way off some of the things that most of you lot put up here but here goes nothing.

turn counter (front)

turn counter (back)

apothocary (front)

apothocary (back)

so anyway let me know what you all think anyway. that does include all the bad comments. how am i supposed to learn if i don't hear them eh?

cheers in advance

**EDIT** doh - how stupid do i feel now... hopefully these have worked.

Reason: ''
http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Those white boxes with red Xs look about as good as everyone else's boxes with red Xs. :lol:

Have fun!
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

yeah they seem to be all over the place.

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

well hopefully this has worked :)

:oops: looks like i failed my really stupid roll again :oops:

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I can't give you any advice that is a lot better then I can do.

ImageImage
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

looks good !!
but why do you make the shadow at the hands almost black and on the arms there is only little? (but I can't say I can do better !!)

Nice Work !!

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Stu
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stu »

The turn marker looks fine, but I think the other one could do with a bit more shading/highlighting. Also I don't think these minis are really suitable for the roles you've given them. The apothecary looks more like a patient, and the turn marker would make a better coach. I would remove his weapons, and replace the axe with a walking stick.

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

djengis

the simple answer is because i like the definition between each finger, that's why i do it like that. i'm really not that confident about shading yet so that's why there's minimul shading on them.

stu

i was thinking that myself especially the turn marker as the coach. he just seems to ooze authority to me. so what should i just do a weapon swap or so his walking stick is held up in the air (victorious or aggresive pose) or should i bring the arm down as well so that the stick is on the floor?

also the apothacary i thought was a bit ironic. the only reason he's not playing is because he's a bit beaten up and so has had to be the apothacary for this week, that sort of thing.

anyway cheers for the suggestions, keep them coming. and also thank you for the appreciation of my painting (and lack of) ability.

Stu
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stu »

i was thinking that myself especially the turn marker as the coach. he just seems to ooze authority to me. so what should i just do a weapon swap or so his walking stick is held up in the air (victorious or aggresive pose) or should i bring the arm down as well so that the stick is on the floor?
I'd leave the arm up, as it would be much easier than trying to remodel the chainmail sleeve. I think it would look like he was shaking his stick in the air while berating his players. If you want him to look more like a civilian, you could even try filing away or filling in the chainmail texture so it looks like cloth.
also the apothacary i thought was a bit ironic. the only reason he's not playing is because he's a bit beaten up and so has had to be the apothacary for this week, that sort of thing.
That could work, if you add something else to give him the apothecary look. At least replace the sword with a bone saw, magic potion or something. Maybe add some other medical paraphernalia to the base, like a doctors bag, or magic sponge and bucket.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

the painting and highlighting look neat enough but I have a problem with side line fig having weapons. It's BB not WH.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]