Question about numbers and rosters

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

evenflow123
Experienced
Experienced

Question about numbers and rosters

Post by evenflow123 »

Here's a question: when collecting a team do you collect all postition players and all linemen or do you just buy 16 figures in whatever combination?
Simply put in case of an orc team do you buy 4 blitzers 4 blackorc, 4 goblins 2 throwers and 12 linemen so you can start with whatever 11 players you fancy, or do you buy 16 miniatures in a preselect group (for instance if you decide to use only 3 blackorcs, you buy just three blackorcs)?
I'm asking this cause I have an orc team consisiting of 4 blitzers 3 blackorcs, 2 throwers, 3 goblins and 6 linemen and I want to number them and make a team roster but I obviously have more than 16 players.

God, I hope this makes any sense!

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You could number your Blitzers 1-4, BO 5-8, Throwers 9+10, Gobbo's 11-14 and linemen 15-26, and then just write the relevent number on the roster sheet (who said it had to be 1-16?)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

In my league we have player- and rosternumbers. A player in on rosterline nr. x, but can have playernumber 99 if somebody wants to.

I use the same trick as Darkson describes when numbering my miniatures.

m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I usually buy as many linemen minis as i need in a typical starting roster plus the max. number of every positional player. That means i have 10 lineelfs each for Dark, High and Wood for example.

I'd never buy 10 Lineorcs as you almost never need more than 4 ...

About numbers: if you need to assign a roster number from 1-16 (digital league management might require that), you can still add any number in the name field or even write the names on the bases instaed of numbers.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
orcdom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by orcdom »

is it just me or how many others cant stand it when someone writes on the bases?
i hate seeing numbers or names there, thats what the shoulderpads are for.
Steve

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

I never was a fan of base numbering either, but as it seems, I'm gonna have to do it on the Khemri. Where else to put those numbers?

As for the original question, I stick to numbers 1-16 and try to predict which player combinations my team is going to have over time. For example, my 2nd DE thrower has the same number as a lineelf as they will (probably) never be on the team at the same time.

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

orcdom wrote:is it just me or how many others cant stand it when someone writes on the bases?
Could be just you although Odium is somewhere in between. :lol:
I do paint the numbers on the special discs my undead have, but I find it a lot easier if the numbers are also on the base (front and back).

m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

orcdom wrote:is it just me or how many others cant stand it when someone writes on the bases?
i hate seeing numbers or names there, thats what the shoulderpads are for.
a, many of the minis, esp. the newer ones don't have a decent space for numbers on the pad ...try the Norse Throwers and Catchers :)

b, it's much easier to play (esp. for your opponent) when the bases are numbered, as both coaches easily can determine the guard player #10 in the pack without checking every mini's paintjob in detail :)

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Jugular
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jugular »

So as not to be an eyesore a friend of mine used to number the underneath of his bases. It aint too much bother to pick up a mini and check the bottom.

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

I usually buy a box, get rid of any duplicates, buy any official BB mini's I'm missing from the team, and then fill in whatever I need with conversions. I don't like having multiple copies of the same mini on the pitch.

I do have a couple of teams where I do have duplicates, but normally I like to avoid it.

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL