display case for teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

display case for teams

Post by mikeyc222 »

since i don't have a lot of room to display my painted minis and since i have put forth the effort to actually paint some of them i have been trying to find a way to maximise space while displaying them.
i was very inspired by traveller's GD orc team and the display base he made though there was one thing i didn't like as much as the rest of it...there was no top. no way to keep dust off those gorgeous minis. i have trieed model car display cases in the past but those get outgrown VERY quickly as they are usually only about 4"x8" or so. anyway, a few days ago i was walking through hobby lobby(the local craft superstore) with my fiancee and passed the model car section as i have a deep love of all kinds of modeling when i saw this...

http://www.craftsetc.com/Store/ShowProd ... x?p=581314

it is for model airplanes and twice the dimensions of the car cases but at the same height, which is 4". all i(or you) need to do is make a piece to cover the bottom similar to what traveller did and bam. instant, stackable display cases. now this won't win style points really and my 30 mini orc team will probably be a little crowed in one of these but it is a very space conserving way to display minis AND keep that annoying dust off of them.

Reason: ''
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.