Yet another Orc team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mad Mike
Rookie
Rookie

Yet another Orc team

Post by Mad Mike »

Here are some pics of parts of my Orc team. I know my painting skill is far from perfect but it gets better. I'm a slow painter, therefore I haven't finished the whole team yet.

Da Blackorcs from three sides:

These are two of my Blitzers-to-be. They are converted and primed but not painted. I'll try to finish them for the Dungeon Bowl in February.
Image Image
Image Image

At the moment I paint my Big Guy for Amsterdam. Sorry, no picture yet!

Thanks in advance for any helpful comment - but not about my bases, please :wink: I have bought some Static Grass but had no time to use it.

Reason: ''
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Looking good Mike! Love the colour scheme. The Blitzers are looking great!

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Blitzers are cool... though I usually only put balls into the hands of throwers....

Too much metallic on the BOBs I think too... maybe do a bit more colored painting on the knee pads or metal fists just to break up the metallics...

Looking good though....

R

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

the colour sheme is realy cool !!
only I think you should do more colour on hands/shoes/legs.
those are only metal.
while the head and shoulderpads are realy nice colours !!

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Mad Mike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mad Mike »

@ Chairface & Norse: Thanks!

@ Norse: My Blitzers always score the Touchdowns in my Orc-Team(s) therefore I'll give all of them a ball. That'll confuse my opponents so I can score more easily :D

To much color on the BOBs make them look to friendly. In my oppinion, an Orc-Team shouldn't look to colorful. Orcs are mean fighting machines. I don't want my Orcs look like fancy Elves :wink:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Norse wrote:Blitzers are cool... though I usually only put balls into the hands of throwers....
must...resist....obvious...joke...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

you won't lough any more when YOUR balls are in the hands of an Orc thrower.
:lol:

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

I LIKE THEM!

The BOBs look just right and I can't wait to see how those blitzers will look once you have painted them.
So, two thumbs up from me.

Ziggi

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Mad Mike wrote:
To much color on the BOBs make them look to friendly. In my oppinion, an Orc-Team shouldn't look to colorful. Orcs are mean fighting machines. I don't want my Orcs look like fancy Elves :wink:
fair enough... paint battle damage then... it's just at the moment they look a little dark (maybe it's the pic) and I feel that they should look like a BB team, not like warriors without weapons... that's my personal preference though... I love to paint bright teams and usually leave little metal showing... beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess...

still, nice work, keep it up....

PS My Blitzers are usually too busy in the dead and injured box to worry about the ball.. :cry:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

That'll confuse my opponents so I can score more easily
Thats a tactic i would expect from Gobbos or Skaven... :roll: ... ok, maybe from Orc, too :wink:

Hehehehe.... at least one " blitzer with ball " is carrying a secret weapon. He is a living bomb ... with all those anmunition around his hips. And the other orc is trying to disguise his " bomb" as jewel on his ear :wink:

Sorry , i could resist as i use some of the 40k minis for my team, too... lot of work to remove all thoses " modern stuff " :wink:

I see, you use the plastic orc thrower hand, too. Nice poses of the Blitzers. About the BOs, hm, on the picts they look very similiar. But thats my taste for as much different minis as possible, i think :wink:

Lets see, if our team meet in Amsterdam :D

and ...lets see your BigGuy, pleeease !

Traveller

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Bullets are easily shaved down to teeth...that what I did with my 'ard boyz anyway.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Mad Mike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mad Mike »

... paint battle damage then...
@ Norse: I tried to paint battle damage on the colored parts but it looked awful. Therefore only the metallic parts have a used and worn look.
...lets see your BigGuy, pleeease !
@ traveller: I try to finish the BG for Amsterdam, so you can see him there. But it is "only" an unmodified new Oger. I'll paint him with a green skin and perhaps shades of blue. He will be the son of a big, fat & mean Blackorc and a nice Stonetroll girl :wink: - but only if I get nice blue shades on the green skin.
Bullets are easily shaved down to teeth...that what I did with my 'ard boyz anyway.
@ Thadrin: Perfect idea! Thanks!

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Blitzers are great. Can't wait to see them painted very nice.
Are you going to base teh BOs? IMO they really need it.

ImageImage
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

they all look pretty good...looks like the blitzers got 'tude.

KLK

Post by KLK »

man, this is a very good job.