What do you think of the new Jordell Freshbreeze model?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

KLK

Post by KLK »

I agree with Jason.

I think that the figure is good, but to play with the pro elf team, not with the wood elf.

Reason: ''
Andy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Andy »

KLK wrote:I think that the figure is good, but to play with the pro elf team, not with the wood elf.
Call me paranoid, but this sounds like a long-term GW master plan. ;)

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

I like it, but will cut off those spikes the first minute I get my hands on them. They'll go the way of the CD hats. To the bin.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

JasonC wrote:I like him and will probably buy him, but I dont like the direction that BB is going. I think the "cyber fantasy" world that they are heading in is a mistake. The main thing that got me into BB was the connection to the WH fluff.
Well thats the difficult thing really. When the latest set of models came out (you know, the edition of the game where they split the Elves into High and Wood and the positional players in High Elves became 'Phoenix Warriors' etc)alot of BB players that I know were over the moon that BB was back but a little disgruntled at how close to Warhammer it had become.
"Where's all the spikes?"

"Where to slightly bizzare comedy element?"

"Where have the Slann gone?"

- were commonly asked questions. Now speed 10 years on and Jervis (now full time in fanatic as all of the older, veteran games designers seem to be heading) is determined to take back full ownership of the game he let go 'all Warhammery' and sway it back to more spikes and comedy.

Is anyone really suprised? This is not to say that I don't agree with particular models being great (Ramtut anyone?) and others not being so great but the direction that BB is heading in is not exactly a big shock. To be honest, the way BB is constantly developing I can see that in another 10 years the need for a sway back towards Warhammer. You know, the models have got so 'spikey' and a little surreal that they will have to try and connect it back to Warhammer a bit. You know what? I don't really have a problem with that. You can always convert the current Warhammer range
viewtopic.php?t=10287
viewtopic.php?t=10197
if you think models are too spikey, it's a much better situation than 'you have to convert the current Warhammer range as there is no alternative.'

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I like him a lot more than the awfol Morley 3rd ed. wood elfs - who all have huge hands and feet, and wear ridiculously floppy boots and gloves. How they can have an AG of 4 is beyond me :roll:
Martin :)

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

plasmoid Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like him a lot more than the awfol Morley 3rd ed. wood elfs - who all have huge hands and feet, and wear ridiculously floppy boots and gloves.
Well, he is rather good at sculpting orcs, though the "orcyness" seem to carry over to elves (and undead lords)...

As for the Jordell model, those spikes could be cleaved and shaped into death-zone-style-jordell's wolverine claws I think. Or you could get the DE assassin's claws and replace.
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... 7021204304

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

... have to buy him anyway for my collection. :wink:

I also think, its a nice mini to paint, too. I like the pose, but i would cut the spikes, too, if i use this mini for a team and not for a collection :wink:

Traveller

neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

i definitely like him, i ll buy him . Still for a star players i prefer the other jordell who i always liked .

Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

I love the new style, and I cant say how happy I am with GW making new BB figs. jordells pose seems a little forced in this fig but I like it alot more than the old jumping jordell.S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

i really don't see anything wrong with the pose. it looks like he just ran up to someone and is about to nail them with the big a$$ spike on his right hand...but once again, that's just me.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

mikeyc222 wrote:i really don't see anything wrong with the pose. it looks like he just ran up to someone and is about to nail them with the big a$$ spike on his right hand...but once again, that's just me.
I looked again and I just can't see it. All I see is Jordell at the MTV Beach House. :lol:

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Dark Lord wrote:All I see is Jordell at the MTV Beach House. :lol:
Arrghh!! Now that's all I see too!!!! Blast you DL! :P

Have fun!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

If you don't like the pose, good opportunity to practice your converting skills. :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

Well, in truth I probably won't buy it since I don't deal with GWUS and I can't buy from other online sources...thanks GW. :evil:

Dragoonkin
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dragoonkin »

You know War Store still does phone, fax, mail orders, right Dark Lord? Get set up online and you'll get a catalogue you can use to order GW stuff.

I've not ordered from him myself because a GW store opened in town here and I know most of the blokes that work there and don't mind keeping them in jobs, but I'm sure it works fine. :D

Anything I say is totally opinion and (knowing my luck) probably completely wrong. Keep this in mind.