Keeper of the Grove

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Scipio_Publius
Experienced
Experienced

Keeper of the Grove

Post by Scipio_Publius »

I am kinda keeping an eye out for a model to represent my team owner/whatever for my Wood Elf team (shadowforge elves). I am envisioning something that looks like the Keeper of the Grove off of Warcraft 3.

If anyone has seen something like this that might be suitable for a BB coaching staff member?

Reason: ''
Onion
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onion »

Shouldn't be too hard to convert one of these Kelt centaurs, greenstuff some antlers etc. Not sure about the scale though:
http://www.thewarstore.com/acatalog/Kel ... vagdu.html

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

It might help if you give us a link to a picture of what you want.

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Scipio_Publius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scipio_Publius »

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Mmm, it's half way between Orion and a centaur... cool drawing.. mean looking beastie too..

the Rackham centaurs would be a good base, but they are very large (30-35mm scale), so he would not just be head coach, but also big guy scale...

why not look for the old Chaos centaurs on Ebay and convert on of those?

I have some metal antlers if you want them.. came with a stag model which I never used... in fact, I have the whole damed stag model if you want it...

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Scipio_Publius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scipio_Publius »

Thanks for the offer Norse I might take you up on that. :D

I really like the Rackham models and this might give me an excuse to buy one. Centaur number 1 would be the one I would use. The problem is they are a little more warrior like then I had envisioned. I liked this centaur cause he is more of woodelfs and druids. Still I suppose it could work. I had envisioned him to be larger scale then the elf head coach (remember this is the shadowforge team) and I have the coaching staff I just wanted a owner/general manager charecter to put with the team (maybe double as the wizard).

Note: If you look at the picture of him on the link he has a deer tail and cloven hooves so I bet he is half (very large) stag vs. horse.

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Scipio, I read your post some months ago, and I thought about it. I wish also to have a Keeper of the Groove, and I've decided to take one Chaos centigor, and either to transform his face or to take an elven one.
Here's a pic:

KLK

Post by KLK »

I like this centaurs! they will look great in a chaos or chaos dwarf team!

HUMBY
Rookie
Rookie

Post by HUMBY »

Mephisto

I wish also to have a Keeper of the Groove
This guy sounds snazzy, how do you want to go about modelling the white disco suit on him though?

Sorry, don't usually resort to sifting through threads for typos, but this one made me smile :lol:

P.s make sure he's got a huge medallion and a chest rug too!!

HUMBY
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

HUMBY wrote:
Mephisto

I wish also to have a Keeper of the Groove
This guy sounds snazzy, how do you want to go about modelling the white disco suit on him though?

Sorry, don't usually resort to sifting through threads for typos, but this one made me smile :lol:

P.s make sure he's got a huge medallion and a chest rug too!!
Someone tell me I'm not the only one who saw Disco Stu when they read this. :lol:

Have fun!
HUMBY
Rookie
Rookie

Post by HUMBY »

I was going to mention him myself... until i remembered that he doesn't advertise

HUMBY
Scipio_Publius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scipio_Publius »

Those look pretty good. Not perfect but workable as far as scale. Good idea.