team psychologist

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

campaigner
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

team psychologist

Post by campaigner »

Reason: ''
Switzerland is small and neutral.
We're more like Germany. Ambitious. And misunderstood.
- Prof. Farnsworth, Futurama
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Blanked due to obvious misinformation.

(Still don't like the way the seller is capitalizing small companies)

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

hm, i bought from this seller 2 minis, about a year ago, with no problems. Cant remember, what kind of minis...
I remember when she even used a pic from Trav gallery without asking and getting quite unfriendly when he asked her to remove the pic.
This must be a mistake of you, Narcotics, this one was a different seller ( and a female one!), but not Urquell... but the other seller was a quite unfriendly one, i agree :roll:
re-selling them in singles with a 200% price increase on the starting bid
If you want to make or have to make money at ebay ... why not to try. :wink: Not everybody is so good informed like Narcotic... or me :wink:

Traveller

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Whoa...she's put up some of Phils' Imps...starting at 2 euros PER IMP...
correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that EIGHT times the price you can get them from Phil?

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Well that's what business, esp. Retail is about ... making money by buying and selling, changing location, batch size, providing sourcing expertise, etc. I don't see any problem with that.

See it this way, (s)he buys the minis that most people on Ebay don't even know they exist. You do know, you know where to get them and for what price, you speak english, and you have a credit card, so the offer is not targeted at you, forget it. But there are lots of people who don't own a credit card, are not confident of their english, who have no clue about customs and who actually have no idea where that mini comes from. For these type of people the offer is a good one!

The starting prices are quite fair, 200% starting price is simply not true, even Phil charges two bucks per mini which translates into 1,70 Euros without the $5 for shipping. Shadowforge minis come in at about 3 Euros a piece including shipping+customs. And 2 Euro shipping cost is quite fair, i've seen much worse.

I'm not related to or knowing that person, just correcting the facts. And i'm quite tired of people telling you that you "overcharge on shipping" or "rip off people" as soon as you charge 60 cent more than the stamp is costing.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Guys ... please stop guessing and put the calculators out:

1 Mini = 2 USD$ = 1.62 Euros (1 Euro = 1.23 USD), assuming the seller buys batches of 50, add 8.13 Euro cent shipping cost, %16 import tax and .5% customs = 1,9829 Euros.

So a starting price of 1.99 Euros is 100.36% of the buying price.

Hardly a fortune to earn here, as around 30-50% of the minis usually don't sell, that's .25 Euro per mini additional cost for EBay ...

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

she's asking 2 euros per imp when each set of four costs a dollar. Whatever the postage deal, its insane mark up.

Still, if someone WANTS to pay that price when, with a little research, they could avoid getting ripped off, more fool them.

I'm not going to cndemn her, but its still a bit shady.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

OK, didn't notice that Phil sells the imps at these ridiculously low prices ... sorry for that.

For all other minis my calcualtion is correct though, shadowforge minis are offered at around 66% starting bid of the buying price.

tonythep
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tonythep »

Thadrin wrote:she's asking 2 euros per imp when each set of four costs a dollar.
I think you've misread the page, Thadrin. Phil sells the imps for $1.00 each. The "random assortment" part of it just means that you don't get to choose your imp if you only buy one.

I also bought imps when I was ordering Black Widows earlier this week, so I'm pretty confident about the pricing.

Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

OK, so I don't post much on here, but I've been around for a while, and my name is one the eBay trader list over in the "For Sale" forum. Now, I bought 32 Valkyries from Phil's original batch, had pre-ordered back in the days when the Valks only had four poses, and before he slashed prices -- btw, thanks, Phil!! :) Now before too long, I hope to have enough spare cash to grab Black Widows (which shouldn't be too long with his low prices :) although I may wait to see if there will be additional poses first) and some of the newer Valk poses. But once I do that, of course, I'll be left with a few (probably eight) unpainted Valkyrie figures that I do not need, for which I paid more than Phil is now charging.

If I were to post those extra Valkyries on eBay with, say, a starting bid of what Phil currently charges; and, say, S&H of no more than $0.50 over actual postage... am I going to get skewered on here? If they get bid up higher? Can't say for sure now that either would happen -- don't know that I would eBay them, much less that the price would be bid up -- but I just thought I might check; I'm certainly not looking to get a bad reputation around here.

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I won't skewer you. I'll sell anything I have in my collection for a profit, if I can, when it's time to get rid of them. Like it's been pointed out, I'm not targeting you informed buyers when I do. If people don't know where else ot get these minis, then they're paying for your service of finding them. I don't see anything wrong with it. Treat the buyer with respect and dignity at all times and let everyone else talk.

Have fun!
campaigner
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by campaigner »

actually I didn't wnat to put up a discussion about new economy strategies, I was only smiling about the concept of a "team psychologist" and thought the mini was nice, but hey! what do I know...

joker
Star Player
Star Player

Post by joker »

nnaaa naaaa naaaa naaaaaaa naa, naaa naaaa naaa naaa .....

:oops:

may da WAAAGH ! be with me
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

campaigner wrote:actually I didn't wnat to put up a discussion about new economy strategies, I was only smiling about the concept of a "team psychologist" and thought the mini was nice, but hey! what do I know...
It is a cool fig. You're a trouble maker if you wanted to be or not though :D

http://www.impactminiatures.com
campaigner
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by campaigner »

*shakes in head in growing sadness* :cry: