Pitch design

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sineater40k
Experienced
Experienced

Pitch design

Post by sineater40k »

I just finished making my second pitch and thought it would share pics with everyone. It was created with fieldstone tiles i cast from castlemolds http://www.hirstarts.com/

Took a while to get all the tiles but i am happy with the way it turned out.

heres a close up of the tiles.

after it was painted i gave it a real heavy coat of sealer and will now go back and hit it with a dull coat to get rid of the shine.

The center piece was the hardest, as i had to fill in the tiles with putty before i painted the emblem.

Reason: ''
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

nice !!

cool !!

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

Good one !!

Is the pitch really flat ? I mean, i liked the 2nd ed astrogranite one, because i liked the design, but the players sometimes fall on it

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

how much does it weight? 10kg?

nice job!

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Grasshopper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grasshopper »

Nicely done, Does she fold? Maybe its the pic and I jsut can't see but is there a spacing grid on her at all?

Like a fly marrying a bumblebee, I told you I'd shoot but you didn't believe me
WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME!
KLK

Post by KLK »

good looking, but I think that is too dificult see the squares.

sineater40k
Experienced
Experienced

pitch

Post by sineater40k »

It weighs a good deal as it was cast with Excalibur which is a dental plaster (18,000 psi). Its textured of course but flat enough that figs would not fall.

It does not fold, thats is mainly because to paint the chaos star on the center field i had to fill the groves in with putty (for a flater surface to paint). The other pitch i made is a two parter and seperates much like the old foam pitch did. Problem with it is that the tiles i used for it are 1.5" tiles so you would have to make your own pass templete.

The pictures really dont do it justice, its a lot easier to see the spaces than one might think I also painted yellow spots to further define the squares.

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Cool :o

A pitch/stadium is on my list of 2004 projects

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

pity... i cant see the picts ... the links are dead as it seems.

Traveller

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I couldn't figure out how to solve the range ruler problem. How did you scale it? Do you just increase it by the same factor as the difference between the standard square size and the size of the hirst squares (1.5"). If so, what's the actual size of a BB square?

neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

mrinprophet wrote:I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I couldn't figure out how to solve the range ruler problem. How did you scale it? Do you just increase it by the same factor as the difference between the standard square size and the size of the hirst squares (1.5"). If so, what's the actual size of a BB square?

I can t remember where, but there is a table howing the range by counting the square, the only use of the ruler then is for interception, wich you could prolly measure approximatively .

sineater40k
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sineater40k »

mrinprophet wrote:How did you scale it? Do you just increase it by the same factor as the difference between the standard square size and the size of the hirst squares (1.5"). If so, what's the actual size of a BB square?
This pitch was done in 1" squares which is pretty much what the old foam pitch and dungeon bowl tiles were. For the large pitch (1.5") it should really be simple, just measure the tick marks on the range ruler and multiply by 1.5 and make a new ruler out of cardboard.

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

ahhh, i can see the picts now...

he, why you dont build four rows of houses around this pitch and you will get a " market-place-bowl-Pitch " :wink: Just a few more hirst molds necessary ! :D

Travelelr