GW Paint Pots

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

GW Paint Pots

Post by sean newboy »

So im getting ready to start painting both an NBA mini and Tourney team. I get out the colors i need, havent opened them in over 2 years. I shake them, 2 newer styled 2 older styled. Guess which ones are still liguid? Did u guess the 4-6 year old ones or the 1-3? My bubonic brown is ready to go and my smelly primer is sticky elmers glue. Could GW have done a more stupid mistake. :evil:

Reason: ''
Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

I still have a few colours in the old bottles, and a few from before that that are still fine. The new brand new bottles are a definite improvement. However the BEST solution are the Valejo paints. I won't buy anything else now.

http://www.impactminiatures.com
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I havent gone out to get any new paint yet, i will definately be looking for the Vellajio.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
joker
Star Player
Star Player

Post by joker »

i still have all my old pots, thx god !

may da WAAAGH ! be with me
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

vallejo paints taste funny tho
when you reform the point on your brush with your mouth (after washing it) the vallejo one has an odd taste

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Indigo wrote:vallejo paints taste funny tho
when you reform the point on your brush with your mouth (after washing it) the vallejo one has an odd taste
.... :o erm, well Indi, to be honest, you're not actually recommended to eat the paint.

I think that problem could easily be solved if you eat a mint while you paint if you really have to eat it though.... :roll: :wink:

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Majortusk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Majortusk »

i still have the entire old style set of paints with the flip top lid.

I will say I was extremely disappointed with the 'new' style of pots from GW. almost all of my colors for those are dead, and almost impossible to open unless i have the strength of an ogre. The newest style is a step in the right direction though, they now have flip top lids. havent seen them dry out though, not holding my breath though.

my suggestion for i you plan on getting paints, is to pick up the vallejo paints, Game Color set matches mostly with the GW colors

Andy Welton
[url=http://www.bloodbowlcentral.com]Blood Bowl Central[/url]
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Indigo Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:26 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vallejo paints taste funny tho
Well, then we're three: You, me and Mike McVey! Don't be afraid to put stuff in your mouth, gentlemen. That's how we learned things in our early years. The ink also works wonders for long drinks with a dull color.

Do you want me to tell you how i do my wetblending? :wink:

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Quick shout for Coat d'arms here. Simply put they are the old GW paints, same maufacturer, same pots, same colours. And loads cheaper than GWs current range..(in my local store they retail at £1.10 per 18ml as opposed to GWs £1.75 per 12ml).. Just another alternative, and a cost effective one too..

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Probably can't get those in North America. I can get Vallejo here, but only by special order, so will cost an arm and leg. :roll:

GO STAMPEDERS!
squiggoth
Super Star
Super Star

Post by squiggoth »

Odium Khan wrote:Do you want me to tell you how i do my wetblending? :wink:
Probably the same way as I do! :lol:

Most of the new GW colours taste sour. Especially Graveyard earth. Catachan green tastes alright.

I have no signature and therefore I suck.
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

lol I was thinking of saying the same thing about catachan green in my post but thought people would think I was even more weird 8)

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

when you reform the point on your brush with your mouth ...
hm, could it be the reason my girlfriend refuses to give me a good night kiss when she is leaving for bed and i stay awake for painting some more minis ? :roll:

Well, sometimes even i ´m surprised watching me in the mirror... those painted lips looking quite funny. :wink:

Traveller

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Woody, I might be interested in picking up some Coatd'arms stuff.. I really miss the old Fire Dragon Crimson.. or tongue colour as I call it.. :wink:

any idea about online suppliers?

PS I lick my brushes all the time too.. helps me to stay focussed on the model and ignore the pink lizards crawling over the walls in my painting room.. :o

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

http://www.timecastmodels.co.uk/paints_ ... s_acc.html
This place is good and does a great service for painted 6mm terrain (for epic). They've got a 3 month backlog on the painted terrain side, but their paints are fine.

and you don't even need to drop my name with them ;)