New Griff and Varag figures

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Underdog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Underdog »

Its a shame that star player is so utterly useless. Most coaches I know still think its better to make a pass with a Hobgoblin than fire the blunderbuss plus hes go to pick it up in the first place. Nightmare. They should rework the rules for the blunderbuss before bringing out a new mini IMO and while there at it they could make a new Bazooka (regular) Dwarf like in 2nd Ed. that uses the same rules.

Reason: ''
Underdog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Underdog »

would be quite cool if he could fire the ball at opponants actually for a really visoise attack Av roll +3 or something. No chance to catch.

This is probly the wrong forum for this sort of chat so Ill stop now before I get too carried away.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

You can still get that 2ed bazooka dwarf from MO BTW, so I doubt you'll see a new one coming out anytime in the near future.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Underdog wrote:Its a shame that star player is so utterly useless. Most coaches I know still think its better to make a pass with a Hobgoblin than fire the blunderbuss plus hes go to pick it up in the first place. Nightmare. They should rework the rules for the blunderbuss before bringing out a new mini IMO and while there at it they could make a new Bazooka (regular) Dwarf like in 2nd Ed. that uses the same rules.
I would disagree with most coaches you know. The blunderbuss kick a$$. You can target any square on the field and it's accurate 50% of the time. That rocks! Especially for an AG2 guy.

Have fun!
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Not the point snots, we just dont like blowing a reroll on a 50% to get the ball. Especially since in some versions of the secret weapon rules the guys using them did not get spp's for anything. If they allow u to get spp's for non secret weapon actions it wont be so bad because u can get sure hands.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Playing a predominantly AG2 team I guess I just accept the 50/50 odds. I pick up balls with Bull Centaurs and will even pass to them if I have to.

Have fun!
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Yes but how often do u have a bc pick up the ball and quick pass to another?
The blunderbuss actually has a 37.5% accuracy when u include the pick up or hand off catch. That includes using one reroll on one of the 50% rolls.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Of course i probably forgot something.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I don't usually pass with the BCs but I will if I have to. All the CD teams I've ever played have had between 6 and 8 rerolls. Regularly using them is just the cost of doing buisness with these guys.

You can't pick up the ball and fire it in the same turn. You can't even move in the turn you fire it. I'mm not really big on odds but it still looks like 50% accuracy and 100% chance of the ball being in the vincinity of the area I want it after all.

I guess we just have two different ways of looking at this.

Have fun!
Griff
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Griff »

Thats very cool!!!

I was thinking of starting a Chaos Dwarf team at one point... do you win often? Heh, very generalised question... How would you compare them to other teams?

"Like a Halfling at a urinal, I knew I was going to have to stay on my toes..."
KLK

Post by KLK »

I think that the CD are good...

they have good blockers, with skills, and players who can, run and pass, and also, are cheap, because they die very often...

also, the Bull centaurs are very good blitzers, in order to open the way...

if you add a troll or a minotaur, and two of your blockers get guard, you have an unstopabble team.

their problem is the lack of agility, but this doesn't matter if you play hard!

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Griff wrote:Thats very cool!!!

I was thinking of starting a Chaos Dwarf team at one point... do you win often? Heh, very generalised question... How would you compare them to other teams?
I think CDs are a great team to play. At least I find them enjoyable. I like the hard hitting and fast Bull Centaurs and the stalwart Blockers. The cheap and expendable Hobgoblins are just fun to have around. I win with them more than I loose but I always have a good time playing with this team. I don't really think they compare to other teams. They're unique and fun.

Have fun!
keith_reed
Experienced
Experienced

Post by keith_reed »

Strange. I was absolutely pasted on this forum last summer and fall for daring to complain about the quality of the new BB figs from GW.

Ironic it is, the forum seems full of others who are now complaining about the poor quality of merchandise being forced upon us by GW.

Bravo, well done lads.

Thank god Tom Anders has divorced himself from the unholy union with GW as sponsor of Gencon so we can use whatever minis we choose.

War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner.