dugouts

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

KLK

dugouts

Post by KLK »

could anybody please, tell me how to made a nice dugout for my team?

remember, here we don´t have miniatures or GW stores, and I must use 'normal' materials.

I want a dugout in 3D, perhaps like this:

http://www.ascd92.dsl.pipex.com/PKaQ/pa ... _7673.html

thanks in advance.

Reason: ''
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Thats DW's dugout,
best ask him :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Basically I started with a piece of foamcard as the base, and just built it up using scrap bits of polystyrene and foamcard. The wall sections were cast using a mould (3x3 sections happened to be just about the right size).
I raised the floor level with more foamcard so that the figs could both be seen and 'see out', otherwise they were standing in pits over head height. :)
The flagstones both on the floor and on the reroll/turn tracks are simply plasticard cut to size and roughed up a bit, numbers carved in
If I was to start again I'd use another method for the walls, probably get hold of some textured plasticard from slaters (they ship worldwide http://slatersplastikard.com/Plastikard ... tikard.htm ), it has to be quicker, lighter and more durable than cast sections, not to mention that you could cut it to the size you wanted rather than be limited by (and have to work around) mould size.
Polystyrene was cut to an angle, gaps were filled in using the lowest grade miliput, although paper-mache of paper soaked in PVA glue would do the job equally well. Covered in some GW battlemat to finish (soak in in water first so that it's becomes easier to push into the recesses) but any kind of flock finish would do as an alternative. If you're wondering about the 'step' to pitch level shown on the above link from the path from the steps to the pitch it's because it comes out level with the pitch level that it was designed to compliment. You can just about see this in this pic:
Bench and coffin were again constructed from plasticard, but balsa wood would probably be a better material. (I had plasticard lying around, I didn't have any balsa!). :roll:
Couple of pics of the second one in progress:
That's about it. HTH and good luck! :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Sephire
Rookie
Rookie

Nice

Post by Sephire »

I like the coffin and the added bench. Makes t more authentic. Nice work

KLK

Post by KLK »

Deathwing, you always help me. Thanks friend.

I'll try to do one using the materials that I can find in my paper store: polyestirene, foam board, wood, little bricks...

Da Scum
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Da Scum »

Good point about adding a little "character" to the dugoouts. I find it was easy to add little "touches", like playboards and chalk using just a little paint and small pieces of wood and cardboard. Then additions like kegs of Guinness, a Weapons rack for the Goblins (seeing as it's THEIR home stadium), and other simple elements that make the dugout look lived in.

Now if only I can find a web-site that shows more of "Ivor Biggin Stadium", as the BB mag seems to show more of the pitch, scoreboard and announcer's booth. :smoking:

Off to search...

Ah, here's one.
The team is having a meeting after pulling off their 3rd upset at Gencon, so you'll excuse all the short green heads in the way. :roll: The dugout has had more evolutions since then, as I find it easy to add a little more each time. But you get the idea I hope. The opponent's dugout is partially flooded out, and at this angle you can't see the other "chalkboard" and other additions.

So feel free to go nuts and add your home-team's "character" to the dugout!

Even the Goblin coach gets a +1 to injury rolls! Ow!
Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

:o :D
Nice fields every one. I really liked all your work. Especially DW's. Really nice dug out.

Ziggi

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

...i´m just building a dugout, too... a real "dug" out. Means, holes in the ground :wink: Sorry, Deathwing, my team member cant " see out ", hm, well, maybe a big troll :wink: I´m using some hirstarts molds again for walls and dungeon parts. I still have to do a lot of details and the surface. Maybe i will post a pict tonight. The making off will follow later.

Traveller

juck101

Post by juck101 »

these look pretty sexy. just won a 2nd ed pitch and think will start trying to make a dug out next week. cheers for inspiration.

...the pope said to his aid...
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

about inspiration.. i posted a preview of my dugout in a diferent post in this forum.

Traveller

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Maybe you take a look at this website:

http://www.hirstarts.com/

They have some examples how to make some buildings.

Thordallim
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Thordallim »

nice work

looking forward to traveller`s finished dugout

Eurobowl 2003 & 2004 Team Belgium Member

Nuffle Sucks!
Apprentice Blasphemer
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association