Paint drying too soon

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

PilsBier
Experienced
Experienced

Post by PilsBier »

Darklord wrote:
Do you get your oil changed your car dealership? NO.
-->Well, actually... YES They have an integrated garage and doing all the service a normal garage would do... as long as you've bought your car there. A customer-service it is, but still you've to pay for it.

@ Paint-Discussion
I painted with GW-Colors first... for about 8 years or so. But after quite some time without a brush in my hand I got to it with a complete new set and decided to buy Vallejos and start all over with them.

I'm more than satisfied with the colours, IMO they're very good. :wink:

Reason: ''
[img]http://www.bierpils.gmxhome.de/WWW-SITE-werbung.gif[/img][url=http://www.bierpils.gmxhome.de]B.lood-B.owl-S.tyle-C.enter[/url]
[color=indigo][size=75]B.B.S.C. -- Style up your Blood Bowl!!!
(...this service is provided for free...)[/size][/color]
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

The thing to remember with the "craft" paints is that it's better to buy the primaries, secondaries and some brown colors and then a huge bottle of white. The craft paints are so cheap because probably 75% of their 300 colors are simply tints of one of the big 6. White paint is cheap so they can make 30 different tints of green and sell them for a song.

IMO the best investment are 2 big bottles of black and white, the 6 main colors, and as many browns and metallics as you feel necessary.
After that, if you still can't mix a certain color that you need there is nothing wrong with buying an overpriced pot of crappy paint that will dry out in 6 months.

I guess if you are dead set that modeling paint is somehow a secret formula, mixed just for 3-D painting and requires exotic ingredients that drive the price up...then there are worse things you could be buying than Vallejo...like Games Crapshop.

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

I do use quite a few craft paints. I'll never buy a GW black or white again, and I do have a few other colours. But I still like having some Vallejo stuff around.

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Dark Lord (retired)

Well, I'll admit I have 2 little 3 drawer chests (about 18"^3), one filled with GW paints and one filled with Parth Paints. :lol: :oops:

But I have probably twice that in Anita's Acrylics. $.44 for 2 oz. You can't beat that with a stick!

sorne
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sorne »

Most of my crafts are Anita's :D :lol:

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

ok guess the matise in me needs t reply to this again. On a decent painting day I mix my colurs from scratch. to be honest I could use probably about 12 GW primary clours and create 1000 diffrent colours. But still find nice new blends from standard range. Always MIX your paints and unique styles will be yours :)

...the pope said to his aid...
Dark Lord (retired)

sorne wrote:Most of my crafts are Anita's :D :lol:
She's a nice lady. :lol:

Paints aren't superb but there is a pretty good range (though some tints and shades seem to have very little difference), adequate quality (maybe just a little bit desaturated and liquid), but for 44 cents...WHO CARES!!

mtn_bike
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mtn_bike »

Dark Lord wrote:Do you get your oil changed your car dealership? NO. Then quit buying your paints from the model salesmen.
Yes I do. As stated above I bought my car there and I don't pay for it. It's free or else I would do it myself.

I used to buy the GW paints untill my girlfriend(being an artist) pointed out where I could get the same quality paint for half the cost. The same place I buy my brushes and primer but in another isle.

Dark Lord (retired)

Well getting it for free under warranty isn't the same and doesn't debunk my argument at all.
Most dealers charge 2X the normal price for a simple operation that even my mom can do on her own.