So, how about them elves?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Phreedh
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

So, how about them elves?

Post by Phreedh »

I've been searching the forums here for a link to them, but I've found no pics of the "pro-elf" team GW is pimping through it's online store. Are they specific models? New models? Reason I'm asking is that I was going through my BB cupboard trying to find out what to do with all those odds and ends from 2nd edition (mixed race teams had a terrible impact on my miniature collection coherency :)) and found a few old elves I have no use for.

Hopefully this isn't a reocurring question, or I guess I'll be tarred and feathered right after my first post. :) Oh well - could've been worse, I could've asked you about stalling, t8 fouling or dwarves. :D

Hiya btw... *waves*
Old time player, part time lurker and first time poster. Got 2nd edition "way back then" but still a cluebie. ;)

/Phreedh

Reason: ''
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Welcome to the non-lurking ;)

They are new models

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Phreedh
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Phreedh »

Wohoo! The linemen might even match up pretty well with the old blitzer and kicker minis I have around... unless the scale of the elves is going the same way as the scale of uhm... just about any other 2nd edition race contra their modern counterparts. :)

Dorky catchers though... :/

And oh, thanks for the welcome and the pic Melifaxis.

/Phreedh

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

they tend to be a little (hehe) on the small side of 28 scale .. also the faces are rather well defined, ie they have lots of sorrow apparently

Underdog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Underdog »

A second Ed elf wouldnt look out of place with these guys scale wise. The Pro Elves are a little smaller than the other 3rd Ed elves basicly coz they are standing up right (not legs spread) and are still the same height so they look (and are) smaller.

Free lance scluptors have been been used recently and I would guess they have been given a height scale, but when they scult models in upright possitions they look too small overall and when the sculpt bent over models like the ogres they end up looking too big even though they are the right 'height'.

I actualy like the catchers though I have converted some of mine into leaping poses like the one in the picture below thier team list.

I wish GW would sort thier f**king website out and get the right pictures up for all their models.

Ewan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Ewan »

underdog said-
I wish GW would sort thier f**king website out and get the right pictures up for all their models
I wish GW would f**king sort themselves out and provide a decent service
to their gamers.want a single figure?-nah we will sell you a booster with figures you dont want/need for more money! It's ok though cos your a dedicated gamer so you will not mind paying through the nose for... example- Khemri mummy :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ewan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Ewan »

sorry
too much red wine. :oops:

Khaine
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khaine »

ewan wrote:
underdog said-
I wish GW would sort thier f**king website out and get the right pictures up for all their models
I wish GW would f**king sort themselves out and provide a decent service
to their gamers.want a single figure?-nah we will sell you a booster with figures you dont want/need for more money! It's ok though cos your a dedicated gamer so you will not mind paying through the nose for... example- Khemri mummy :evil: :evil: :evil:
Looks down at the two mummies he got from his GW order for less money then they are in boosters. Don't know what you mean more money :) I got my 2 khemri mummies for 9 bucks with a free dwarfslayer and total after shipping was 15 bucks.... So for the price of one blister with a bunch of crap I didn't need I got 2 mummies :).

Phreedh
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Phreedh »

Say what?! Can single BB models no longer be ordered through the online shop? Been a while since I bought any BB-minis...

/Phreedh

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

You can order single minis through GW online...not sure why he';s having difficulty. What site are you looking at? US? UK?

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
slup
Star Player
Star Player

Post by slup »

You can oly order single miniatures of original 3ed teams on the UK website.
I am not sure about norse, lizard or amazon, but khemri, necro, nurgle, vampire and proelf can only be ordered in boxes and boosters.
The same goes with cheerleaders for the same teams (if such exist).
They can only be ordered in packages of 3.

Underdog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Underdog »

You can order individuals if you ring up. My main grip is that thye often dont display the minis properly on the website either the wrong picture of no picture is quite common.

Phreedh
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Phreedh »

Gah, it's just so stupid. Take the necro team. You get a flesh golem, a werewolf, two wights, two ghouls and six zombies. All fine and dandy, if it wasn't for the fact that the necro booster contains... a wight?! And that booster is the only way to get the fscking golem and wolf through the online store.

Sheesh... they never do change, do they? :(

I'd like to bolster my current vanilla undead team with a few more zombies, get the golems and wolves and have the choice to alternate using the minis between an undead team and a necro team. No can do, unless I call up the trolls then?

Is it possible to place orders via e-mail? Way easier than calling the buggers up... :)

/Phreedh