Kadrin Kazad Nutcrackers - newest update: Kadrin Kazad

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Kadrin Kazad Nutcrackers - newest update: Kadrin Kazad

Post by The Ref »

Let me present the dangerous Kadrin Kazad Nutcrackers:

Owner, Rik a Kadrin Kazad (me):

Startin lineup:

The unike "HMBL RMBL" are finished:

I've got a few WIPs as well. Want me to post them ?

Reason: ''
Come'n get some!
www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

They look like they're covered in snot. I like the minis though.

Have fun!
Snorri
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Snorri »

Too heavily varnished. Or strange sort of paint.

Makes it kinda hard to judge the painting.

But nice mini-choices.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I agree on the finish, to shiny, you should try spraying them with a coat of Testors Dull-coat.
Like the minis, looking good.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

That custom deathroller is phenominal! :o I would love to see the WIP's!

http://www.impactminiatures.com
NightDragon 2
Star Player
Star Player

Post by NightDragon 2 »

Covered in snot?! No, their Dwarves, that's their natural look! :smoking:

Purity Through Pain!
NUFFLE SUCKS!!
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor!
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

shiny..

Post by The Ref »

Yes, I know they're shiny.. It's the GW 'ardcoat varnish, don't like the way it makes the models look on camera.

Rik a Kadrin Kazad also is my WHFB general, and is converted from a warrior in the new dwarf battalion box. The shieldbearers are originals, i only replaced the Lord(Rik) on top :)

I made my linemen (longbeards LRB4, now blockers.. ) from warriors too. All of them stand in a fighting pose, ready to take on any opponent then crack their nuts...

Blitzers are ordinary ironbrakers, cause of all the armour :), that I filed of the weapons..

The slayer is from the 3 slayer pack tin figures, the one I found that made it easiest to cut of the axe.

The runners are converted from champion warriors(the cape). Both have a stiff arm and a greenstuff ball (that could have looked better...), ready to fight off any defencive backs and score the touchdown!

The Humble Rumble are made from a 12.7mm training-bullet (the blue plastic ones), dwarf cannon sprue, some shields, some steel-wire and some greenstuff. The operator is put toghether from cannoncrewman bits and has greenstuff-legs. Underneath HMBL RMBL lies an unfortunate snotling referee, the flattened one from the new giant sprue.
I'll post some WIPs later :)

HMBL RMBL lookes good enough in real life at least ;) Can't wait to take it to the ABBL for a slaughter.

Anyone have any experience using a deathroller ? (LRB5)

Come'n get some!
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

I agree on the finish, to shiny, you should try spraying them with a coat of Testors Dull-coat.

I have heard a lot of US guys talk about this. Can you get it in the UK? If so where? If not, what is the nearest thing?

Word to Your Mother.
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Very original and very shiney....At least they wioll be preserved well on the pitch.... :wink:

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Red Skullz
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Red Skullz »

Well the camera flash tends to do that to models that have been sprayed :wink:

I`ve seen these IRL and they look just fine to me!

As for the HMB RMBL slaughtering stuff...well I`ll just have to take it down with my HoH now won`t I 8)

[url=http://www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com/default.asp]Anarchy Blood Bowl League[/url] are recruiting!
AnBBL North Conference Setermoen/Tromsø, Norway
AnBBL South Conference Hamar/Oslo, Norway
fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

stick_with_poo_on_the_end wrote:I agree on the finish, to shiny, you should try spraying them with a coat of Testors Dull-coat.

I have heard a lot of US guys talk about this. Can you get it in the UK? If so where? If not, what is the nearest thing?
You can get it in the UK Via ebay. I've used it, not had problems, but it is worth cautioning that malki found it started to eat his paint jobs when using it. Something I felt guilty about for a long time afterwards :oops:

The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Red Skullz:
As for the HMB RMBL slaughtering stuff...well I`ll just have to take it down with my HoH now won`t I
Well, you could try.. Ill wals all over you, hehehehrhrhhaharrharr HA ;)
I have heard a lot of US guys talk about this
You can get it in the UK Via ebay
US - UK - don't really mather when I'm in Norway now does it :) I've gotta settle for the things that make it all the way up here using our icy roads and snowed down airfields...

The extreme photoshoot lighting also play a part in the shinyness, I must admitt..

The HMBL RMBL aint even sprayed at all though. Paint only.. I've done some more paintin on him now (bloodsplatter up the operators front side, and front base area) covering some of the superglue uglyness on the base.. (got a bit messy, tryin out different angles etc...) Post some pic's later, stay tuned :-?

Come'n get some!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

fen wrote: malki found it started to eat his paint jobs when using it.
I've never heard of that before. It's made to go over hobby paints so I suspect there was something else going on there.

Have fun!
nyarlathotep
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nyarlathotep »

Snew wrote:
fen wrote: malki found it started to eat his paint jobs when using it.
I've never heard of that before. It's made to go over hobby paints so I suspect there was something else going on there.
I have had a few issues with Testor's Dullcote. If you spray when the humidity is high, it will frost badly, ruining a paintjob you just spent hours on. It also has a tendency to yellow when sprayed over white. This also annoys.

It's also the best flat lacquer I've come across.

ImageBloodbowl for your ears!
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

I've had it frost slightly in cold weather (spraying outside) and flattening all my metallics out so that I have to gloss them back up but othersiwe I think it's great stuff. Especially over a gloss varnish for protection.

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King