Myklagaard Houndogs - Various WIP's

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Myklagaard Houndogs - Various WIP's

Post by The Ref »

Hi

This is my Norse team. I also have a thread for it at Da Red Tavern
(http://z11.invisionfree.com/da_Red_Tave ... st=0&#last)
but thought I would make a new one for the creation of Ulfwereners here.

For my ulfwereners I used a beastman body, chopped of the beastmen legs and replaced them with the paws from a wolf(as ridden by goblin wolfriders). I used an Ungor head, and then GS to create the hair. For muscular arms I used a couple of 40K Ork ones.

My first Ulfwerener is standing on the ball, holding the ripped of head of a humielike player. Heres a WIP:
And one from behind:

My second Ulfwerener is getting himself ready for an uppercut, and has a wolf's head on him.. Thinkin I'll make it part of him, as he is changing into a humie, his head emerging from the wolfs mouth or something... I don't now how it'll end up just yet :) (will probably only get som GS hair underneath and all overthe place.)

Heres a WIP of Ulf#16 and a Compleeted pic of Ulf#15:
The glossyness is due to me 'ardcoat sprayin all my models ;) I'll get me som dullcoat and use that to tone down the shinyness any time soon.

Comment if yah like ( I like mine better than the 1.ed gouhl ones, what about you guys?)

Reason: ''
Come'n get some!
www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

interesting idea using the beastmen as a base, surprised its not been done before (i'm sure someone will post saying it has now)

Red Skullz
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Red Skullz »

I like èm :)

The idea of using a beastman body could be used for making werewolves as well. Just use a plastic wolf head instead of the ungor head you`ve used and you`re set.

talast,
Red

[url=http://www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com/default.asp]Anarchy Blood Bowl League[/url] are recruiting!
AnBBL North Conference Setermoen/Tromsø, Norway
AnBBL South Conference Hamar/Oslo, Norway
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

A WIP of the second Ulfwerener, this time with hair and some pelt on the left shoulder. It'll all become clear when it's painted.. ;)

Have to wait for it to dry before I add a beard. It's to sensitive for touch at the moment...

Come'n get some!
Red Skullz
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Red Skullz »

Looks great so far!

You do intend to extend the fur on the wolfshead a bit yeah? Otherwise it`lllook slightlyout of place.

R

[url=http://www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com/default.asp]Anarchy Blood Bowl League[/url] are recruiting!
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

I've finally finished my hounddog team (for now).

I've added som more fur extending the head of the wolf down to the ulf wereners right arm. The intent was to give the impression that the ulfwerener is changing into a man from the wolf.. so the wolfpelt sticks to his arms, his normal hair is coming out in it's natural color underneath the pelt etc..
I'll spray it with that horrible 'ard coat warnish later.. To make him like the rest of his teamies.. Heres a picture:

I've also built and painted my apothecary. He's got various ways of healing the wounded. A medipac, a bag of luiqer, and a pouch with secret ingredients. The right upper picture of him(left side of body) is brighter. Used a flash to see the red cross on the medipac... Anyway, here he is:
The medic is bilt from free company empire legs and head, + a beastman(gor) upper body, some beastman(ungor) arms and greenstuff for the belt. The secret pouch(on right hip) is a dwarf powder pouch cutoff..

The Red Tavern Thread for Myklagaard Hounddogs

Ahh - it's good to know I don't have to do much more in a while with this team :) Only enjoy them in our league ;)

please comment if yah like.

Come'n get some!
furocious_fleabag
Experienced
Experienced

Post by furocious_fleabag »

I did the exact same thing for my ulfs, except I used skaven feet and human faces. But the bodys are truely great for ulfs.

BTW, why is one pf m holding a ball :o

Painting Awards:
M@hobbit Massacre '04, '05, '08, '10, '11. Dutch Open '05. Brassbowl '05, '08. BUBBLE '11. HQ-Bowl '07, '11. Flanders Chainsaw Massacre '08. Sunville Bowl '08. Dungeonbowl '09
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

BTW, why is one pf m holding a ball
Not shure what you mean by "pf m".. One of my ulfwereners are holding a head, and standing on a ball(to show he's got the situation under controll, bashing everyone who tries to get to the ball). Everyone I play knows this ain't the ball we're actually using as ball in the game...
My other ulf is'nt holding anything, and my medic is holding a bag.. not a .. If this don't answer your question, please clarify the "pf m" part..

Come'n get some!
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Another addon to my team the Hounddogs. This time a WIP snowtroll.

Bøørf the snow troll
The link is actually for it's online profile, so when the model is done the picture will change.

Components for the snow troll are:
1. LOTR cave troll - legs and head
2. Gorilla upper body from "Descent" - the board game
3. hands from the GW giant sprue, fingers sharpened with modelling knife into claws.
4. GS - for the fur around the joints.. (if it looks blue it's sticky tack to test how to do the GS..)
5. 40mm round base... too wide spread legs to get it on a 25mm base, but what the heck :)

The model stands 85mm tall, from bottom of base to fingertips of poor sucker. The poor succer in the snow trolls hand will be painted as a referee ;)

Come'n get some!
Red Skullz
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Red Skullz »

:o

Eh, WOW!

Where are those hands from? And can ya take a scalepic next?

R

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Rik a Kadrin Kazad wrote:
BTW, why is one pf m holding a ball
Not shure what you mean by "pf m"
Did you mean sure when you said shure? Must've been a mistype just like the post that's confused you. The "p" is next to the "o" so "pf" is really "of". m is them or 'em. The question is why is one of them holding a ball.

Now I know it's a helmet but I thought it was a ball too. I thought, that's dumb. He's holding a ball and standing on one. That's over-the-top.

Glad I didn't say it.

Have fun!
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Snew - ahh, that was enlightening :roll: Thanks :)

Red:
read 3. in my componentlist for your "hands" question.
the scale model is in his hands, that's a regular size humie... If not it's actually in scale with the rest of the team, so click on the left arrow.
You see, I had to take Bøørfs picture next to a normal figure for mesuring the 25mm round base to go into my "shrink the picture forumula":

(picture in cm / 25mm roundbase in cm) * 85 pixels = number of pixels to shrink the image to.

Well - ok then.. Here's a WIP after GS'ing a bit (in stead of the bluetack), but still more GS fur to come. The model beside him is a PIP humie blitzer from the new team.

Come'n get some!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Bøørf is an ugly cuss and plenty intimidating. I think you're going to wish you'd left that mangled player out of his hand though. It does look good as it is. I just prefer a little less dioramic pieces on the pitch, especially when they're as big as ths guy.

Have fun!
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

snew wrote:
I think you're going to wish you'd left that mangled player out of his hand though.
I think so too. Both for bringing/storage reasons(suitcase) and for times he is knocked down.. The latter will bring chaos to the pitch, but in our league we've already got plenty of players that do exactly that ;) I'll just have to limit the times he's lying on the ground then, and hopefully it'll do some real disturbing precense work on them other coaches when standing up, holding that poor umpire high above ground ;)

Come'n get some!
Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

Rik a Kadrin Kazad wrote:snew wrote:
I think you're going to wish you'd left that mangled player out of his hand though.
I think so too. Both for bringing/storage reasons(suitcase) and for times he is knocked down.. The latter will bring chaos to the pitch, but in our league we've already got plenty of players that do exactly that ;) I'll just have to limit the times he's lying on the ground then, and hopefully it'll do some real disturbing precense work on them other coaches when standing up, holding that poor umpire high above ground ;)
Use prone and stunned tokens when on the ground. I like it when any of my opponents do this with their big guys.

Cramy