My WIP/PIP bloodbowl stadium - for Kadrin Kazad Nutcrackers.

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

My WIP/PIP bloodbowl stadium - for Kadrin Kazad Nutcrackers.

Post by The Ref »

Helo there.

Just thought I would share my WIPs on this stadium I'm building for my Kadrin Kazad Nutcrackers.

This is stage 2 - i.e. status after second buildingfrenzy.

The dugouts are 4 cm deep, and all 3D. The score track and RR + Turn Tracks are made from 5mm foamcard. The turf is made from modelling train grass(large roll of paper with static grass readily glued on).

The weather marker(between round scoretracks) are ment to be weather pictures and explaining text - a glueon. I'll base everything (except the grass, the tracks/floors and behind the dugout) with strucural paint, and paint it rocky.

Behind the dugout I'll use something smooth for us to rest our elbows.. (would'nt want us to get scrubs from that structural paint). There will bee room to leave rulebooks and referance sheets over the dugout and between the dugout (won't touch the field, and the KO'd / casultied players will be under it down the dugout)

Oh -yes. I just had to cut down on the initial dugout size.. I saw the opportunity to make a "cupholder" - a compartement for beverages ;) A must in our league.

I added some models for the photoshoot, it's not an actual game ;)

you like?

Reason: ''
Come'n get some!
www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com
lauth81
Star Player
Star Player

Post by lauth81 »

looks really good

and I absolutely dig the in-built clock!

The deepest voice in Blood Bowl (according to Pippy)
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Thanx lauth81.

The clock is just lyeing there by the way, not built in (yet).

Come'n get some!
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

always great to see a homemade pitch! looking good!

Rick Sanchez lives!
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

thanx :) I love custom built stadiums! And there's a lot of great ones out there...

This one is the perfect home stadium for my teams, cause I've won both games I've played on it so far ;)

I might get to post an update during the weekend, but think it's going to be some time in august due to summer vacation...

Come'n get some!
Sallacious
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sallacious »

Looking good...

I look forward to seeing the final product.

Thunderbowl (Surrey, BC)

Nuffle... stop #%@*ing with me!
Apprentice Blasphemer
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Well - a quick update on this one is in due time I suppose..

The stadium is now moved on from WIP to PIP. I'll add some ladders, maybe some doors in the dugout, and some signs on the walls that says KO, BH, and SI etc.

I'm thinkin about some way to put all our wanted posters up on a billboard or something too, at least for the ones I'm after on the walls in my home team dugout.. Then maybee paint a red cross over the ones I kill... 8)

Anyways, here's a bird view picture painting in progress:
The "red'ish" color in the bottom rigth corner is the shadow from my camera's wristband... thoughp

Come'n get some!
Red Skullz
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Red Skullz »

Starting to look really sweet Rik, dang I gotta get cracking on my own pitch some day...my portable is a bit outdated since it`s based on the previous league..

Anyhoo, great looking pitch :D

R

[url=http://www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com/default.asp]Anarchy Blood Bowl League[/url] are recruiting!
AnBBL North Conference Setermoen/Tromsø, Norway
AnBBL South Conference Hamar/Oslo, Norway
kebabi
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Vasteras, Sweden, where polar-bears roam the streets

Post by kebabi »

Nice going, Rik! :D

Clearly a lot cooler to play on than those cardboard ones (thought they are conveniant when transporting, I've gotta admit).
Been thinking about doing one myself.
Was it hard to do?
Did it require a lot of materials/was it expensive?
Also, was it hard to make sure the squares were correct? 'Cause I can see this as an issue when making a custom one - the ruler might not work at it's fullest (and therefor not being just to teams who pass the ball a lot) when the squares aren't as precise.
Great stuff dude!

The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Kebabi:
Super easy to build. Used insulation jackofoam (standard 2 by 4 feet'ish) 2 inches thick. Sawed out the dugouts, used foamcard to build the walls for dugout, and the turn/RR/TD tracks. Ordinary modell train grass as pitch, rough(sandy) structure paint on almost everything, then black, dark grey and light grey housepaint on the stoney areas.

The clue is jackofoam and foamcard. Works really well together ;) But takes up some space in storage...

The materials/paint is a bit expensive to aquire, but lasts for many boards. One jackofoam is 70 norwegian crowns, about 10 dollars..

Well - erhemm... the squares are not correct... they're all 3.0 cm. But it's close enough, and when in doubt we use this to messure pass range: Aros BBL pass ranges chart

I used a big plate that I knew had a 90degrees angle in the corner, and marked each 3-cm'ers on both sides to that corner. So the big plate was actually marked as the outer side of a pitch. Then I just used it as a giant ruler to make the crossairs for the squares on my pitch :)

Gotta go play this game: da Sneaky Runtz -vs- BATtling Cobras

Come'n get some!
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Anyone got some good looking dugout signs for me?

I need for Reserves, KO'd, BH, SI and Dead.

Also could use one called "Keffo".

The signs need to be about 3cm(width)x2cm(height).. ( I can fix this with photoshop..)

I'm planning to print out on photo paper and glue it on to da dugout.

Come'n get some!