Ooh the anticipation.

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

2nd ed Skaven are probably the best set of sculpts for any team. No collection is complete without a 2nd ed Skaven team (which in my case also has a gang of Goblins and a troll, covering me for Creepers as well. I have a half-finished Heresy mino somewhere for turning the team into one of the Dungeonbowl teams, I forget which. Amethyst I think.)

Edit: There's your next challenge! Dungeonbowl teams!

Reason: ''
I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

yeah I'm very happy with the Sri Lankan paintjobs
Is there any website or somewhere to see, what these guys are doing and how much money it costs ? Just curious as i will still paint my minis myself. :wink:

Traveller

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

There are a few. I have seen some good paint jobs and some bad ones as well. They are cheap but its a bit of luck i think what standard you get.

http://miniatures-philgreg.com/

This is the better company. Some lads at out cub have had FOW and 40K stuff done with them. Normal 28mm models they seem to be able to do better the bigger the model the worse there painting becomes, Thats what i have seen anyway.

http://www.miniaturelovers.com/

Sp0n
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sp0n »

Plasmoid uses http://www.paintedfigs.com/ and the result is quite good. I'm the photographer, who really should get off his a*** and get the photos processed :lol: Tomorrow, Martin, I promise!

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Jesper,
sounds great :D

And yes, I am indeed using paintedfigs. And highly recommend them because:
* No dipping.
* They're cheap. (3$ for a player, 5$ for a BG - that's 50$ for a full team. (+ shipping))
* They're awesome value for money - (admittedly, more expensive services can provide better paintjobs).
* They're pretty fast. (2 weeks to ship out. 2-3 weeks painting. 1 week to ship back).
*They provide digi-photos, so you can actually make a few changes underway. I've used that to change stuff with a few minis and no fuss.

Cheers all
Martin

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
Thadrin said:
>2nd ed Skaven are probably the best set of sculpts for any team.

Indeed. I actually had one of those unpainted, but sold it off to buy 2 painted teams. Yep, I was broke at the time. It just so happened that one of those teams was the skaven team I mentioned earlier where I was not happy with what I got. The seller only had a single sharp picture of a painted player - and coincidentally it was of the only player painted to a significantly higher standard than everyone else. :oops: Suckered! :oops:

That being said, I'm one of those few people who likes a Warhammery flavour to my teams, so I'm thinking about creating a new skaven team using a plastic regiment of Night Runners.

Cheers
Martin

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Yes. Got them.
I'll be posting them tomorrow :)

Here's a sneak peek:
http://jespers.smugmug.com/gallery/5617 ... sGSR-XL-LB

Cheers
Martin

PS, I succumbed and bought a Night Runner regiment.....

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

What next plasmoid, invent some more teams?

I have all the official 21 sqauds painted, think i can cobble together the 3 extra teams from stuff out of those, though they wont look so good as a team painted specifically for one of those races, might do a Slann team soon

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Testing...

Working :D

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Re: Ooh the anticipation.

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
just found it that switching from FrontPage to Word has mucked up some of the pages on my site. Had to give a few of the a workover with Express.
Anyway, that coincided with me finally uploading Pictures of my new and prettier skaven team, my daemons of khorne team and my homemade daemon team.
I hope you like them (and the other 25 painted teams on the site).

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Collection.htm

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

Impressive collection!

I almost have 4 teams painted. I originally had almost all my teams painted but then started to look back. Never look back when you're someone who wants things to look unified.

I stripped most of th epainted teams and starte dover again. Still need to strip a few teams and replace some teams by ones from different manufacturers.

I now own ... (count fingers and fail) ...

(looks at painting table) 1... 2... humans... dwarves too.... (look sat bitbox) dunno ho wmany teams I own exactly, but it should be somewhere around 13, 5 of which will soon be painted, two which are painted and two teams are painted but will be stripped before I play them again

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Well, my son and i counted up my blood bowl/fantasy football miniatures this week.

1452 FIGURES. All the teams and a few from toms site(gnolls, nippone, woodland, etc).

Way too many. But its my only hobby.

Rick Sanchez lives!
the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

bound for glory wrote:.... But its my only hobby.
I wish I could say that. Between my girlfriends 2 belgian Shephards, photography and a weak spot for V8 engines Bloodbowl really is the cheapest of my hobbies. I would be able to buy one each of the official teams new by selling one of my camera bodies :-?

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I'm going to be putting my figs into their new home tomorrow, might have a chance to count up then! My guess would be 27 14 man teams, so about 400 figures? I'm such a noob...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

the solitaire wrote:
bound for glory wrote:.... But its my only hobby.
I wish I could say that. Between my girlfriends 2 belgian Shephards, photography and a weak spot for V8 engines Bloodbowl really is the cheapest of my hobbies. I would be able to buy one each of the official teams new by selling one of my camera bodies :-?
Well, I go to the rifle range and shot my AK74(not to be confused with the Avtomat Kalashnikova 47). Thank God For the 2nd Amendment 8)

Funny thing. My wife prefers me to buy blood bowl figures over buying 5.45X39.

Rick Sanchez lives!