Team Colours, which do you prefer?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

What colour do you prefer to a BB team?

Green
6%
Blue
21%
Yellow
4%
Red
38%
Brown
2%
Purple
10%
Grey
No votes
White
12%
Orange
No votes
Black
8%

Total votes: 52

Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Team Colours, which do you prefer?

Post by Coach Barry »

I was just wondering what are the typical BB colours? Which colours go best with each race and why? Give me your opinions? I'm interested.

Reason: ''
After a full length beating, one must think that no matter how miserable you are, an uncertain life is better than a certain death!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

By the way, the correct spelling is 'colour'. Your not a Yank, you can't get away with the other one. :P

BTW, the colour I paint a team is dependant on the team. But I try to stay away from the usual combos that are too common. For example, my undead team is not painted black and red which is very common for that team, instead I used blue and gold (mainly because they are called The Blue Enblambers).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

Ok thanks for the correction. :oops: What I meant is:
What is your favorite colour on a BB armour?

After a full length beating, one must think that no matter how miserable you are, an uncertain life is better than a certain death!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Good to see the correction. Now if you really want to know...I think red is good with orcs, contrasts well with green skin. I've done brown and orange on WE, which I think looks better than the standard green and gold (tired of seeing that combo on WE), brown and orange are leafy colours and since football is a fall sport, I think it is more fitting. Most people use black with Chaos, but I have seen metallic purple used, looked really cool. A deep purple with gold is an excellent combo that is not used much but could be used on most teams, Norse for one (blue and silver too overused on them), though this might make them look too Minisota Vikings (but that may appeal to some). With humans and skaven pretty much anything goes. I have used black on DE but have used yellow and white with it, maybe a bit too 'batman' for some, but at least it's different. I've used red one my dwarves because it's my favourite colour and I think the blue/grey combo is overused. Painted my CDs like Xmas ornaments because that's what it looks like they are wearing on their heads. Dark colours for evil teams and bright colours for the good ones tends to be the norm, so I would stay away from that. I think the original coloors of the Chaos All-stars, green and red, looked much better than the way the 3ed ones are painted on the box (black and red). Anyway, I'm starting to ramble, so I guess I would just say that I prefer colours that are not often used, such as purple, orange, and brown, to those that tend to be the ones everyone uses to paint a specific team. Sorry for the long post.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Moonsong
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Moonsong »

I completely agree with Valen. As you can see from my logo, my High Elf team is painted in black and gold with a hint of blue, while the Dark Elves I painted in white and light blue. A good mix on the orcs is also Orange and Black, while my dwarves are based on the old Dwarf Giants, metallic blue and gold.

Hope to have helped.

Moonsong

[img]http://www.bluemax.com/animate/websitefAGIFdownloads/Flags/AllNations/G-N/italy_clr.gif[/img]NAF Italian Organiser
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, I voted for brown cos thats the colour of the majority of my team once they picked themselves up after being face down in the dirt. :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

I don't mind using overused colours, since they tend to look best and I don't know a lot of people with painted BB teams anyway. Whatever I choose, I'll always be a bit original since I actually painted.

My dwarves are almost done now, painted blue red and gold; right sides are red, left sides are blue and all armour (including shoulder pads) is gold. They are dwarves after all.

My dark elves are midnight blue with metal for the armour (not shoulder pads). The midnight blue painted on a black background gives a similar purplish colour to when you use a BIC ballpoint on black paper...

My home-made Vampire team is black with purple. I'm not going to paint my vampires cloaks green with red stripes or anything, just because all vampires are black with purple!

My chaos team, finally, is purple (I seem to like this colour a lot huh) with red for helmets and some other details.

Once I get to painting my Chaos Dwarves they'll have red armours as they should have with black beards and purple or blue helmets!

Coach
R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

But how far do you think we, the BB players, are affected by GW's colour choices? I seem to notice that most people paint their teams or armies for WHFB or WH40K with a colour palette which is very close to GW's own.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

There are a few out there who are influenced by GW's colour choices. I can't stand hearing people say, "That's not a good colour sceme for ________ (fill in the blank), they should be painted this colour." There are just tooooo many WE teams painted green and gold, try something different people!

GO STAMPEDERS!
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Isn't a "what colour do you prefer" a bit of a girls question. :wink:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I think that's why he is asking you longfang :wink:

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Torg wrote:There are just tooooo many WE teams painted green and gold, try something different people!
I painted mine White with red trim,maybe i will paint them pink next time :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Wheres the option for pink? I play a Slaanesh Chaos team for Nuffle's sake!

:roll:

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I usually paint with different colours my teams but they tend to become red... you know... I'ts impossible to clean the blood from the others players... :lol:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

I voted White.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/