ROLLJORDAN - Spiked Rats WIP Updated 09/17/09

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

rolljordan

ROLLJORDAN - Spiked Rats WIP Updated 09/17/09

Post by rolljordan »

Here we go the whole team further up the Giant Rat:

Reason: ''
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

SEN-SMEGGIN'-SATIONAL! :D :D :D :D

"In Dodge We Trust"
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Awesome!!!

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

Hulk Smash!!!

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Nice work! 8)

Would like to see his abs toned down a bit as they appear to stick out somewhat. Maybe the fur and armour will clear that up.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

Over all I love it though if you want some constructive critisim I think the anatomy of the chest to shoulder muscle should be more " connected. Right now the muscle groups seem to be independent of each other and if you put your arm up in the air you will see they accualy move as a unit. hope you see what I mean, though this might be part of the scultping process if so press on, it looks great! Your stuff is clearly heads and shoulders above what other Fantasy football minature companys are producing well done.S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
GreyKnight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
Location: Spreading the word of Nuffle in my robes, socks, and opened-toed sandals.

Post by GreyKnight »

Hmmm...? :-?

He looks more like a fan cheering, than a big guy about to mash an opponent.

Maybe if he was looking down at his opponent and his elbows were bent and he was leaning a bit forward, it would look more like that instead.

[color=gray][b]GreyKnight[/b][/color]
Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

GreyKnight wrote:Hmmm...? :-?

He looks more like a fan cheering, than a big guy about to mash an opponent.

Maybe if he was looking down at his opponent and his elbows were bent and he was leaning a bit forward, it would look more like that instead.
Stick a couple of spikes on his fists and a face mask (a bit like the guy below) and he'd look more like he was mashing somebody

Personally I'd like to see something a bit different maybe a mutated Rat -Ogre with 4 arms (something like this)

I do hope the "Spiked Rats" title means we are going to get some players looking a bit like this guy rather than some of the recent "Ratmen" that have been produced by some of the gaming companies

apricotsoup
Experienced
Experienced

Post by apricotsoup »

Overall it's great :3 with a few veins it'll look pretty mean.

To stop the cheering effect the arms should bend a bit more and one needs to come forward for more of a double hit instead of 1 big one.

As for connecting the muscle groups, the pec can slope up more at the edges or even be cut off sooner with more rippled muscles connecting.

The last thing is that I don't really like the head, it just looks a bit awkward on the model. Something more ratlike with multiple jagged teeth could be good. Or you can always go in the opposite direction, here's a concept I did a few years ago (so excuse the dodgy skills, I was only young).

Fondu77
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Fondu77 »

nice piece apricosoup...

like to see your new sketches if you've some.

Mainstreaming is a illness.
alligators.eu to buy some of my minis !
apricotsoup
Experienced
Experienced

Post by apricotsoup »

Fondu77 wrote:nice piece apricosoup...

like to see your new sketches if you've some.
Thanks, I've been working in low poly 3d so much lately that actual pretty things have escaped me for a while. Especially as concepts for this aren't overly needed.

If I'm incredably lucky I'll be able to pitch on my own game soon so there will be just cause for me to churn out pretty things, hopefully I've not gotten too rusty.

bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

apricotsoup wrote:The last thing is that I don't really like the head, it just looks a bit awkward on the model. Something more ratlike with multiple jagged teeth could be good.
Now that you say that, I see it too. I think it is the ears; if they were longer and more pointed it would look better. Right now I think he has the head of a Doberman.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

His arms are too far back, it's almost anatomically incorrect. :-?

I love the idea though, but try stretching your arms up, and behind you. You'll feel your shouldermuscles (sp?) staining a bit. If someone is THAT bulky, chances are he cant even do that due to muscles who are in the way.

Sorry !

Either move them forward (the shoulderjoints/arms) or dont stretch them up that high.
And we need a good tail, too :)

Hope it helps,

JaM

LordWriggly
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LordWriggly »

Overall I like the look and proportions of the model but I have to agree with JaM. The arms are to far back.
Now he looks too much like a weightlifter throwing the bar above his head.
I think the elbows should be sticking out more to the front.

Personally I like the head. Only needs some holes for the whiskers.

Keep up the great work.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

proportions look odd, not a fan of this