ROLLJORDAN - Spiked Rats WIP Updated 09/17/09

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Unfortunately, I have to agree - these aren't exciting me.
The posing is poor, the BG is still wrong, and the runners look to much like GW runners.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

Yeah I agree these are disappointing

rolljordan

Post by rolljordan »

:-? I agree with you guys. The regular players look much nicer in my opinion. I will see what we can do to modify the 2 runners and add something to the big fellow. The poses also are some how innatural as you say but I need to see them in real to comment. Here the xtra pics:
Blocker 1:
Blocke 2:
Lineman 1:
Lineman 2:
Lineman 3:
Lineman 4:
Lineman 5:
Lineman 6:
Lineman 7:
Lineman 8:
Lineman 9:
Lineman 10:
Thrower 1:
Thrower 2:

bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

Wow, seeing the rest of them it looks like the entire team starts with Frenzy. :o

GreyKnight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
Location: Spreading the word of Nuffle in my robes, socks, and opened-toed sandals.

Post by GreyKnight »

Lineman 2 & 6 are nice, but the rest just look like a bunch of pensioners waving their fists in the air like that.

"...Ere I'll have you laddo..!"

:-?

[color=gray][b]GreyKnight[/b][/color]
Fondu77
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Fondu77 »

Have to agree that this fellas are a bit under the slanns and Sarcos.

they equal the legio dwarf IMHO.

Mainstreaming is a illness.
alligators.eu to buy some of my minis !
Powerhausen
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Powerhausen »

My main beef with them is, they look too chunky. Sure, they're not Skaven(TM)(C)(R) miniatures, but we all know they're really Skaven miniatures and they just don't look fast enough. Also, they're a bit too similar to Skaven; sure they've got more armour but other than that I don't see any reason why I shouldn't get the default Games Workshop(TM)(C)(R) miniatures instead ...

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

some of the linerats look quite good, but I would still worry about IP infringement Chris, because the linemen also look like they are made of the multi-part WHFB plastics - don't piss off the old bitch too much.. :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
rolljordan

Post by rolljordan »

Norse wrote:some of the linerats look quite good, but I would still worry about IP infringement Chris, because the linemen also look like they are made of the multi-part WHFB plastics - don't piss off the old bitch too much.. :wink:
Well on these I will get a lawyer I am sure. We have the 100% greens models in our possession. There is no IP infringement here ;) after an old issue we became very good friends with one of the IP max authority lawyer here in Italy if there will be a need for it we know who to ask. Thanks for the heads up.

This is a sort of partnership with a friend of mine. He will sculpt what he feels and we will produce them. I just added a section to the store about VIRUS line. He is the one who sculpted the first topless amazon team that is in his gallery. We will put that back into production too eventually. Here is his gallery of work.
http://www.rolljordan.com/membergallery ... mber_id=38

Chris

P.S. In my opinion I like pretty much all the models. Some have funny poses I agree but not that bad. The only 2 models I am not 100% sure are the robbed rats. I will see if I can have them modified and have and additional work done with the giant rat like maybe a third arm bit and more details on him.

To give my 100% opinion I need to tee them casted and painted.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

I don't like them too much. Sort of blobby for me.

I think one of the issues here might be that I like the 3rd edition GW skaven at least as well as these, and the 2nd edition much more. It seems like maybe it would be best to concentrate on the teams that don't have quality representation or that leave room for diversity (like your "ethnic" dwarves and goblins).

CaptainOne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CaptainOne »

They just seem too big to me. I have the frogs team and plan on getting the Sarcos. Those are beautiful models, and fit nicely. These are too big and have too much armour on them. It doesn't feel like the fastest team in BB, which is what I would use them for. I don't mind the poses. If there's one I really don't like, a hobby knife and greenstuff fixes that up nicely. :)
If it's not too late, put them on a diet of nice lean meats for a couple months and they will be perfect.

rolljordan

Post by rolljordan »

The final result. I will get them in my hands on Tuesday and start molding...

Lets see how they come once painted.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

As a finished article, I have to say I'm disappointed.

#1 and #8 are ok, though I'd convert them to throwers.

I like #9 a lot, and #2, #3, #12, #13 and #14 are ok, but the rest are just 'meh!'. Also, as mentioned earlier, the running pose on #7 and #11 is completely wrong - it's not a natural running style.

Sorry, but not one on my shopping list - I have to say I'd rather have a GW one than these. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

I like them. I like the design, and the poses.

Sadly I own a 2nd ed GW Skaven team, and the 2nd ed guys just scream 'BB' at me. So it'd take a lot for me to bring myself to replace them.

Darkson: If you look up at the other pics on this page of the thread, 1 & 8 are titled as throwers.

Chris: Did you consider a sprue with two left hands holding game balls? For those who want to make the throwers a little more obvious?

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

I like the minis... but don't understand why you'd make 10 linemen and only 2 Runners?

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!