Willy Miniatures : new KS !!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Willy-miniatures ( wight by franarcilla new miniature !!

Post by txapo »

Piousman wrote:I agree that the Wight look very well.

- Piousman
P.S. you need some sort of US distribution channel. The prices are on the premium side, but with Shipping they go a bit beyond that (and the only thing that prevented me from getting the WW so far)
Well actually it doesn't if you order let's say 10 miniatures you can get them for hust 85 €= 80 € adn 5 € post for them all. (or 20 min for 165 €) Then you keep the ones you want and sell the rest on any US tournament you atend at the price you want to!!!

I did quite a similar thing at eurobowl to give Willy a hook in starting his sales going! And so I could pay the eurobowl fees that was quite expensive to me being unemployed at the moment.

Maybe even you get yours for free in the end!!!

Reason: ''
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Love the Wight. So far all the minis I have seen you produce have been made of pure awesome. The only issue I have with them is that they seem to be slightly larger than your standard BB mini.

Olaf the Stout

willy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by willy »

Olaf the Stout wrote:Love the Wight. So far all the minis I have seen you produce have been made of pure awesome. The only issue I have with them is that they seem to be slightly larger than your standard BB mini.

Olaf the Stout
The orc with chainsaw is star player, it is true that is 1-2 mm larger than the GW Orcs (but is a star player).
Orc Thrower, also is 1-2 mm larger than the orcs (But is the "leader";)).
Ulfwereners have a perfect tall (strengh 4).
Mummy, is a little bigger than the mummies of GW (the players want it that way).
Wight, has a size larger than the zombies, skeletons but smaller than the mummy.
I do not like the tiny miniatures: D, pero if you need a comparative photo of any model, let me know and put it on.
Glad you like

willy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by willy »

oops I´m sorry

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Maybe I am getting a little confused. I thought you sculpted all the minis in the Orc team I saw. I saw greens of Blitzers and Black Orcs, not just the Chainsaw and the Thrower. Did you only sculpt the Thrower and Chainsaw and someone else you know make the other ones?

Olaf the Stout

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Olaf the Stout wrote:Maybe I am getting a little confused. I thought you sculpted all the minis in the Orc team I saw. I saw greens of Blitzers and Black Orcs, not just the Chainsaw and the Thrower. Did you only sculpt the Thrower and Chainsaw and someone else you know make the other ones?

Olaf the Stout
The sculptor is Franarchilla. http://franarcilla.es.tl/INICIO.htm
Seems like you can get the other Orcs, Gobbo and Troll (and the recent Flesh Golem) from Franarchilla direct, but he doesn't appear to list the Chainsaw Orc, Orc Thrower, Wight or Mummy for sale directly: http://franarcilla.es.tl/VENTA-DE-COPIAS.htm

So yes, it's a little confusing. If you want all the Orcs it looks like to have to go to two sources. Some sort of distribution deal going on perhaps?

Whatever, I love Franarchilla's sculpts, just ordered a Troll for my Pact team. Very tempted by the Orcs.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Virral
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Virral »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what happened was Willy commissioned a Chainsaw and Thrower, and franarcilla went on and fleshed out the team on his own time.

Eucalyptus Bowl - Australia's Biggest and Best Blood Bowl Event
Join us in 2014 - 5th and 6th of July, Burwood RSL in Sydney

Speaking of Euc Bowl, I've got some stuff from this years event available for sale!
Patchwork
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Patchwork »

I really like that wight. What's the scale of it like? As great as franarcillas orcs are (and they are), they're a little bigger then I'd prefer. Still, there aren't many wight models I actualy like, so being a bit bigger is likely a problem I'd overlook easily.

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

Virral wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what happened was Willy commissioned a Chainsaw and Thrower, and franarcilla went on and fleshed out the team on his own time.
I correct you: what happend is that fran scuplted a black orc and posted it on the BB spainsh forum. It was a huge sucess and sold out.

Willy had been buying and selling 2nd hand minis on eaby for ages and was tired of doing that, he wanted to have a mini of his own, so he comissioned franfarcilla for the chainsaw one, buying as well the copyright and masters. in the meanwhile fran carried on doing his orcs and gobbos. WHen willy had the money back from the good sales of the chainsaw one he ordered the thrower. Then the mummy, the whight. And started ordering the ulfs and treeman to Poncho....And created his little an new company!

So if you order to fran you are buying from the scupltor directly, but some of his minis he's sold the rights to copy them as he made them under a comission. (He as well did some minis for BB NAF torunaments such as Frikipe-Zombi for the FOT last year,...

Virral
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Virral »

Well that's pretty much what I said, I just didn't know a Black Orc from fran came first :P

Eucalyptus Bowl - Australia's Biggest and Best Blood Bowl Event
Join us in 2014 - 5th and 6th of July, Burwood RSL in Sydney

Speaking of Euc Bowl, I've got some stuff from this years event available for sale!
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Seems like Willy and franarcilla need to get some sort of deal going so that people can order the whole Orc team from one of them in one go.

Olaf the Stout

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Olaf the Stout wrote:Seems like Willy and franarcilla need to get some sort of deal going so that people can order the whole Orc team from one of them in one go.

Olaf the Stout
+1. Great idea.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Warpstone wrote:
Olaf the Stout wrote:Seems like Willy and franarcilla need to get some sort of deal going so that people can order the whole Orc team from one of them in one go.

Olaf the Stout
+1. Great idea.

+1 again

Though won't that end up costing about €70?

willy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by willy »

miko wrote:Very nice Wight. When this is a 25mm base he looks very tall. Can you make a picture to compare it with known miniature please or post the height in mm?

willy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by willy »

Virral wrote:Well that's pretty much what I said, I just didn't know a Black Orc from fran came first :P
Yes , Yes, you're right, Txapo it has detailed
arthurinkpen wrote:
Warpstone wrote:

Olaf the Stout
+1. Great idea.

+1 again
+1 :D I'm as crazy to sell all franarcilla Orcs ... but he was very happy to sell their miniatures.