New Chaos Team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

SimonSpank

New Chaos Team

Post by SimonSpank »

Quick introduction for me and my latest team. Enjoy :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Maverick
Legend
Legend

Re: New Chaos Team

Post by Maverick »

Where’s Heff?

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Tgat is an abomination.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Heh, at least its obvious which position is which!

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

I kinda love it. <3
I recognise the blind bag satyrs and the Nexo Knight armour but wheres the metal skelton looling Chaos Warrior from? :)

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

I consider BloodBowl a miniature game and I am a bit of a miniature fanatic (I own 245 BB Teams).

My (very personal) problem with that is simple. Those are not miniatures. And seing a game a between a bb team and that looks to me incredibly akward.

I played in the past once against a lego team... it was to me like hearing fingernalis scratching on a chalkboard the whole time.
Very disconforting and annoying.

I would rather concede than playing another game against a lego team.

That is 100% subjective of course.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Rolex wrote:I consider BloodBowl a miniature game and I am a bit of a miniature fanatic (I own 245 BB Teams).

My (very personal) problem with that is simple. Those are not miniatures. And seing a game a between a bb team and that looks to me incredibly akward.

I played in the past once against a lego team... it was to me like hearing fingernalis scratching on a chalkboard the whole time.
Very disconforting and annoying.

I would rather concede than playing another game against a lego team.

That is 100% subjective of course.
Agree

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Cool, someone for my Bretonnians to play against.
Team.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I can understand the point of view of those who don't love this, but I'd rather play these guys who look like Chaos than a team of assorted Scooby-Doo figures. "Okay, so Scooby and Shaggy are Werewolves, Daphne and Velma are Ghouls, Freddy and this guy are Wights, the blue ghosts are Flesh Golems, and the red ghosts and plant guys are Zombies..."

OK, man, I think the Scooby minis are cool, too, but, c'mon...

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

These are hilarious! Just a nice bit of fun!

Remember blood bowl started out with cardboard pictures...

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Picture the scene
2 guys in a pub playing bloodbowl. One has a team that he spent hours painting (or got painted at great expense). They are a labour of love and look like little works of art. The other is playing with a bunch of kiddy bricks.

Up comes a civilian "what are you doing" she says, looking at one team she just grunts noncommittally, then she looks at the other team and goes "Oh LEGO that IS CLEVER!"

It happened to me!

Lego in bloodbowl is not "a bit of fun" it is not hilarious, or clever or anything else positive. it is an ABOMINATION and they should be destroyed immediately with a lump hammer.

You may disagree, but if you do then you are WRONG and deserve nothing better than to tied to a stake, have your kiddy bricks piled around you and burned to death!

You know my opinion of people who play dwarves? People who use lego teams are WORSE

peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

A coach's team is their own. I personally get enjoyment out of planning an idea, hunting around for the right miniatures and painting them up to my best standard before playing a game with them.

If my opponent turns up with an unpainted team, badly painted team or something that's proxy but provides them with the same level of joy, who am I to take that away from them.

The game is enjoyable and fun no matter what you use. People could mistake anyone who insists on a set standard of what can or can't be used as somewhat driconian.

Remember it all started with cardboard cut outs...

peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

Apologies for the typo it's draconian...carry on building your teams people in whatever guise you enjoy!

SimonSpank

Post by SimonSpank »

peo2223 wrote:If my opponent turns up with an unpainted team, badly painted team or something that's proxy but provides them with the same level of joy, who am I to take that away from them.
You sir, really are an angel, sent from heaven. xxx

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Eh..... while I personally absolutely detest LEGO teams in Blood Bowl (and other ‘toy’ teams as well: Minions, for example), I wouldn’t tell someone that they couldn’t use them. It is personal preference after all. To me, it just seems lazy to take that route when there are so many fantastic minis available for our hobby.

That’s my $.02

Winning... it beats losing.