Lards plogg: Chaos, Chaos pact and Khemri team painted

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Likröta BK - Nurgle team done

Post by Lard »

The team is done:

For more pics see my blogg.

Reason: ''
Aflo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Nurgle team - Likröta BK Done - pic page 2.

Post by Aflo »

Very nicely done. Easily one of the best nurgle teams I've seen before.

My commission plog: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36153
Slackjaw
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Slackjaw »

That is really sweet, I like that everyones different and theres a load of personality in there, top notch!

Something Tough - My Ork Team (Completed) & Troll
^^ Vorgash New Order, tLoEGBBL silver followed by 4th place. Third times the charm! (or whatever!)
Something Ice Cold - In Progress!
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

overall team shot looks great, nice cohesive group yet enough differences that they all have "personality"..

up close I think some of the brush work is a little obvious (the highlighting on the green for instance) and the bases look a little rushed to me, but a very solid 8/10 from me.. 8)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

Thanx for the feedback

The bases will get slaters numbers as soon as I get some, till then the bases will have look "rushed" if it was the numbering you ment. My freehand isnt that good.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

actually I was referring to the static grass.. it's a little, ahem, "pubic" right now.. that may well be deliberate and a Nurgly look you were going for, in which case well done! but for my tastes it looks too random.. like grass doesn't grow in different directions, it grows up..

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Norse wrote:but for my tastes it looks too random.. like grass doesn't grow in different directions, it grows up..
But once it's been trod on a bit, like on a BB pitch, then this would work. :) My bases look similar becuase I have no patience for standing it up. :)

I ordered this team a few weeks ago and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival (takes about a month to the states) so I can paint it up to potentially play next season!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Maybe they just reseeded the pitch and it's just the hay they layed down to cover it.

Regardless, I think they look great. Well done.

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

oh, yes it looks a lite pubic. I will look in to it, some bases has some small "chunks"/balls of "grass" that I havnt had the patience to remove with problebly will make it a cleaner look. Thanx for the feedback, it is really helpful.

Now, just for the Internet argument: On the other hand, in Nurgle land it aint spring...
see: http://fullhdwallpapers.info/wp-content ... 24x768.jpg

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

With the Nurgle team done I have decided to paint my Chaos Dwarves team next - the Ziggurat Showstoppers. I have bought the Volmarian team from Greebo (http://www.greebo.it/greebo/Teams_Volmarian.html) and a Minotaur from Uscarl (http://uscarlminis.free.fr/UM_MINO01gd.jpg) because I really like the mins. Well, except the hobgoblins from Greebo. I decided instead to get the Gran Wendy hobgoblin because I like their "potbellies".

The next problem is than that GW just has the four different models for Hobgoblins so I have to convert some of them. I think six hobgoblins are enough for a team (???) so I repositioned two models yesterday.

All six models:

The Hobgoblin kicker/fauler next to orginal.

A Hobgoblin "puncher" next to orginal. Should the right shoulder have a shoulder pad? I think the arms angel looks a little to straight.

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Lards plogg: Nurgle Done, Chaos Dwarves next.

Post by dines »

When the team is full you might need 5 hobs at max, but 6 is probably a safe choice. I'm looking forward to see what you get out of the greebo team as your Nurgles are really cool.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

depends how you intend to play them.. I would say 6 is OK, I have 8 in my team.. 8)

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

8?!? How often have you played with that many? I havnt played CD yet but I figured that 6 was plenty. I can do 8 as I have minis for it but as you all now, the converting and painting does take time and if I never will play with 8 I doent want to do them without some practical reson. But maybe a 8 hobg, 3cd blocker and 6 rerolls in the way to go in a long term development league?

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

Lard wrote:8?!? How often have you played with that many? I havnt played CD yet but I figured that 6 was plenty. I can do 8 as I have minis for it but as you all now, the converting and painting does take time and if I never will play with 8 I doent want to do them without some practical reson. But maybe a 8 hobg, 3cd blocker and 6 rerolls in the way to go in a long term development league?
All dwarves are required and the bulls are what makes the team cool so thats 8 minis - in a crappy game you might miss out on 2 due to mng but that would still leave you at 12 players with 6 hobs... No idea when I'd got to use the last two hobs.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

if you foul every turn you need 8... 8) :lol: