New Impact! Kickstarter Beastface Chaos/Human teams- Nov '15

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New Impact! Kickstarter Beastface Chaos/Human teams- Nov

Post by dco »

From where do you ship the miniatures?
I was reading the web site the other day and I only found it was registered in UK and USA but you are from USA.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Shipped from the US.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

dco wrote:From where do you ship the miniatures?
I was reading the web site the other day and I only found it was registered in UK and USA but you are from USA.
The minis for the KS will be shipped from the US ... but it has been years since anyone reported to me that they had to pay customs on a package that I sent them from our online store or KickStarters.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

For shipments from US to Belgium, i know they just check the value of the package written on the package itself (by the sender).
If it's above a "limit" (i don't know the exact amout), the customer (in Belgium) will have to pay custom.
For example, for my last order at chessex, (around $90 written on the package), i had to pay customs...
for around same value of package, but from US to my homeplace (in France), i noticed we had no custom to pay...

gumbi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gumbi »

How easy is it to tell apart the human blitzers from linemen in the new team? They look quite close to me. Maybe a different helmet style would make it easier?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

The Blitzers have really large belt buckles and have large knuckledusters on their fists.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Final 2 days of the KickStarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... human-team

We added on several 20% to 25% off items to the KickStarter for it reaching $2000. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... ts/1420994
(images of the below items are available at the above link)
SSB Minotaur $12
SSB Dark Elf $4
Super Punch Troll $8
Ruddog Ironhead (steel skinned Chaos Marauder) $4
Kalle Minotaur $8
Piling On Ogre $10
Bertha (giant Ogress) $8
Kari Beer Maid $5
Brick & Grotty $7

The Beastface team, Crazy Igor and Shub molds were just completed and I received the first test castings in for the team so those should ship out fairly in short order.

If we reach $3000, all team will have a free D11 and D16 added to them. At $4000, a free set of block dice will be included with each team.

Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sainthropee »

Well done Tom. Sad for no reaching the 3000 Stretch goal in the last day, but happy to finally have my Human team!

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

If we reach $3000, all team will have a free D11 and D16 added to them
we missed that :(
The Beastface team, Crazy Igor and Shub molds were just completed and I received the first test castings in for the team so those should ship out fairly in short order.
great news :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

In past Impact KS any extra money made in the pledgemanager has counted towards stretch goals, so if Tom intends to do the same with this one it's still possible (I hope to be able to add the SSB Dark Elf to my pledge, as I forgot!).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sainthropee »

Darkson wrote:In past Impact KS any extra money made in the pledgemanager has counted towards stretch goals, so if Tom intends to do the same with this one it's still possible (I hope to be able to add the SSB Dark Elf to my pledge, as I forgot!).
I take the Dark Elf too, is a great mini for chaos pact team

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I realize that many recent crowdfundings by companies have done much better. I'm okay with that. This was crowdfunding for a team by a person who has never commercially sculpted before and to move to resin a team that many people already had a chance to get in metal. I'm happy it funded. The funding goal will cover the costs of making the human team and about half the cost of making the Beastman team. $4000 would have fully funded both but I'm just happy to have the Human team costs covered as they were new costs. The Beastman teams costs were paid before the KS started so they were in effect sunk costs but I'm happy to see them getting recovered somewhat.

I am very grateful to my backers and the support of the community. I realize that there are some companies putting out some really great teams for a pretty penny in price and they are great looking. I'm happy for Impact! to be the place where a new player will find everything he could need to start playing Blood Bowl (board, 2 teams, team roster pad, the ruler, all the dice and templates) for the price of just one of those really nice teams by the guys in Europe. Call it a mission statement that I now have. Impact! will be the place that helps grow the community by making it easy to join it without breaking the bank. Growing Blood Bowl was always my mission so it feels right that that is the fit we have. Then when they found out they love the game and what races they like ... those really beautiful teams will be there for them. (although I am really happy with our resin teams that we actually paid to have made (Amazon, Sarcos, Dark Elf, Pro Elf)) I have some plans in 2016 to hopefully make some new resin teams that even some of our detractors can support I hope.

And yes .... if we get add ons enough during the Survey to ask what everyone wanted to push us over $3000 .... I will definitely still give everyone the free D11 and D16 to go with the team.

Thank you everyone for your support of my company. I hope to be around for many years to come.

Tom Anders

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

what tom is offering is super important to the game. mean to say, if someone wants to try the game, what better way than with impact!? its great that there are $100+ teams out there, but thats alot of money for most people.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Metalface13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Metalface13 »

I think it's a worthy mission, Tom, keep up the good work.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Hooray! Just now itching to get the pledge manager so I can request my crazy igor :D

My personal favourite part of Tom's efforts is the support for the 'alternative' sculptors. The elf team I got through the previous kickstarter is great, and was an absolute steal through the pledge manager and getting madsherman's igor onto the market is cracking work - best version of the character by far (in my opinion) - so hopefully will be a best seller moving forwards :)

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!