Show Us Yer Teams!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stebloke
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Show Us Yer Teams!

Post by stebloke »

bound for glory wrote: Well, for someone who does'nt like to paint, you do a good job!

Are those the Impact! amazons? I'm not looking for more amazon teams, but those look nice.
Thank you. I do try, even if I don't enjoy it. The photo helps, as the flash hid how messy their white clothes are. Never tried painting white before. Won't do it again lol.

And yes they are Impact's amazons.

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Sadly not my team, but a team that I painted for a friend in my league.

Da Beards:

The guy isn't a Bears fan and doesn't really know much about the NFL. He just wanted to make an obnoxious Beard pun because he was playing Dwarves.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
jonno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jonno »

If you can't beat them, join them... My new dark elf squad FC Bloksbjerg.

rakkzul
Experienced
Experienced

Post by rakkzul »

The Micester United! :D :D

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

As I grow older, my eyes get worse.
Damn, painting got really hard! :o

Anyway, here are my Goblins completed with all positionals.

peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

My new Amazon team. Positionals have brown bases. Spectrum is green!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

peo2223 wrote:My new Amazon team. Positionals have brown bases. Spectrum is green!
Paint job on the team is good but

1. You don't seem to have a consistent/ unifying color scheme across all players on your team.
2. "Guys with guns" representing Amazons? Don't care for Males representing Amazons (by definition a race of women).
3. Blood Bowl is a game (for the most part) without weapons so don't care that they holding guns.
4. Telling positions seems too difficult with, what appear to be, same figures just having their bases a different color.
5. Too modern of a team - BB, to me, has more of a medieval setting/feeling for the game and these figures don't cry out "Blood Bowl" but more of a modern-day security force.

peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

Stout Youngblood wrote:
peo2223 wrote:My new Amazon team. Positionals have brown bases. Spectrum is green!

1. You don't seem to have a consistent/ unifying color scheme across all players on your team.
2. "Guys with guns" representing Amazons? Don't care for Males representing Amazons (by definition a race of women).
3. Blood Bowl is a game (for the most part) without weapons so don't care that they holding guns.
4. Telling positions seems too difficult with, what appear to be, same figures just having their bases a different color.
5. Too modern of a team - BB, to me, has more of a medieval setting/feeling for the game and these figures don't cry out "Blood Bowl" but more of a modern-day security force.
Thanks for the comments. In response:

1) The aim was to have a complete mixture of colours as it is to represent Captain Scarlet's Spectrum organisation. I'm fairly sure that the opposition won't have the same figures so team recognition shouldn't be a problem.
2) I have some women in the team, but feel that a mixture of males and females is far more representative of the multi cultural and anti sexist society we should all aim to embrace
3) Clearly you have not been playing enough with Goblins or Dwarves (Chainsaws, Bombs and Deathrollers weren't ornaments last time I checked)
4) The bases are quite different and stand out and let's face it on an Amazon team you only have slight difference in skills to begin with, skill rings can always be used if people are confused
5) Last time I checked this was a fantasy game...where are the rules that your imagination has to be contained?! Let's face it you have moving trees and players with two heads!!!!

Just trying to have a bit of fun, but you don't like this team you're going to hate my vampires that I'm doing next!!

Keep rolling people...it's all a bit of geek fun!

Regash

Post by Regash »

peo2223 wrote:2) I have some women in the team, but feel that a mixture of males and females is far more representative of the multi cultural and anti sexist society we should all aim to embrace
Do you also support PETA for asking miniature makers to remove fur from their miniatures, so kids won't get used to the idea of wearing fur for clothes?
This is Blood Bowl, a game in a different (fantasy) world. Amazons are female, savage characters wear fur, life is as cheap as dirt.
And where is the point of playing Amazons that aren't Amazons?
It just feels like if you'd say "Yeah, those humans are my Black Orc Blockers and those Halflings are the Blitzers. Oh, and the Minotaur stands in for a Goblin."
Designing and converting your own interpretation of a team and just using, in my opinion inappropriate, proxies is not the same.
peo2223 wrote:3) Clearly you have not been playing enough with Goblins or Dwarves (Chainsaws, Bombs and Deathrollers weren't ornaments last time I checked)
Those are players who are supposed to have weapons according to the rules. Amazons don't.
peo2223 wrote:5) Last time I checked this was a fantasy game...where are the rules that your imagination has to be contained?! Let's face it you have moving trees and players with two heads!
Yep, and those are represented by miniatures who have two heads or look like a tree. I can only repeat myself, interpretation and proxies are not the same thing. It somehow reminds me of that one Warhammer 40K tournament we played when a guy came in with just a bag full of bases and had them all labeled with little pieces of paper instead of buying miniatures.

peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

I didn't realise that having a sense of humour wasn't allowed! I suppose it's not in the rule book, but given that the game incorporates fantasy figures of different races I thought it was implied?!

Regash

Post by Regash »

This is not about humor.
It is about making it easy for your opponent to see what he is actually facing on the field.
Otherwise we could skip miniatures entirely and use those colored cones from generic board games.
To actually see what is on the board is, at least for me, a huge part of the fun.

peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

I promise. If I ever play you I will use skill rings and provide detailed diagrams of which player is which...my other opponents will hopefully either know their captain scarlet, understand the difference between green/brown or just have a giggle with me...this is a game after all!

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

peo i have enjoyed seeing your work and i often create teams that dont use strict blood bowl miniatures. ive played games against players using willy miniature zons and could not tell them apart i have played against gw kit bashed teams that all look the same. for me blood bowl is the only table top game i play and often want to incorporate my favourite miniatures and themes to it for fun. I have a ghostbuster vampire team and judge dredd dark elf team. anyway im glad your enjoying it keep it up!

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Stout Youngblood wrote:

Right? Mean to say...Why guys with guns? I don't think this is in anyway a Fantasy Football team. Nicely painted, to be sure. But Blood Bowl? No.

Rick Sanchez lives!
peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

yogi wrote:peo i have enjoyed seeing your work and i often create teams that dont use strict blood bowl miniatures. ive played games against players using willy miniature zons and could not tell them apart i have played against gw kit bashed teams that all look the same. for me blood bowl is the only table top game i play and often want to incorporate my favourite miniatures and themes to it for fun. I have a ghostbuster vampire team and judge dredd dark elf team. anyway im glad your enjoying it keep it up!
Thanks for the comments Yogi. In all honesty I think this thread might be getting a bit heated. I am just trying to have a bit of fun. I constantly seek to have unique teams with good quality models and this team is a bit off the wall, but it makes me smile. I've played two games with them now and there were no issues.

Yogi I would love to see your ghost buster themed team. I think that sounds awesome!

While I appreciate the passion that some people clearly have for the teams in the game, for me Blood bowl has a sense of zany freedom that other games don't. Let's face it you never got chainsaws in medieval times! It's a chance to let my imagination go. If you don't like my teams that's your choice, but I'm not going to stop finding new and interesting miniatures for teams or posting them on this thread.

Hope to see you all at a tournament soon for dice, beer and a laugh