Stompie's various blood bowl teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Stompie's various blood bowl teams

Post by Steam Ball »

Stompie wrote:
Madsherman wrote:lahmian medium? Works for me.. I used water on my HE's and when I went lahmian medium instead I got waay better results.
Lovely. Have ordered and recIeved some. You just use it like water? Maybe should have got one more bottle
Got to art shop and ask for acrylic matt medium (fluid type, not gel). Just like you use generic primer, go to quality & cheap source. ;)

Reason: ''
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

My orcs against Stu's cool converted chaos dwarves. You can tell how the game went for me from the pictures. I don't think I have the patience to play orcs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Can't work out how to upload more than one pic at a time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I have some old plastic boars and this shows there are creative uses for them.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I have three Willy miniatures stone trolls. Now need to find a use for them...

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Steam Ball wrote:
Stompie wrote:
Madsherman wrote:lahmian medium? Works for me.. I used water on my HE's and when I went lahmian medium instead I got waay better results.
Lovely. Have ordered and recIeved some. You just use it like water? Maybe should have got one more bottle
Got to art shop and ask for acrylic matt medium (fluid type, not gel). Just like you use generic primer, go to quality & cheap source. ;)
I'll see how it goes with Lahmian medium first and let you know but thanks for the tip.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

I'll see how it goes with Lahmian medium first and let you know but thanks for the tip.
btw, I saw a tutorial on how to make your own lahmian medium, and therefore also washes.. Turns out the flow improver in Lahmian medium is Rinse aid for dishwashers. So he just used rinse aid instead of it. I am definitely going to try that out on something unimportant :)

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

You can also buy flow improver tested for acrylic paints at the art shop. ;)

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Well. It has
Not gone all that great with the lahmian medium. It does thin paints nicely and makes the yellow on this Willy human star player look smoother. But the bottle is a pain and i put the lid on and knocked it over by mistake to find the new GW bottles need to be forced down at the back too, where they don't go down naturally. So half of it leaked. And just noticed same problem means my auric gold has dried after one use three months ago. Anyway. At least I now have my st4 human lineman with this Cool willy miniature.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Rebased some goblins for my underworld vs ogres match on Tuesday. Will be a bit of a mad game. Couple of skills a side but basically vanilla starting teams. Finished basing my human st4 lineman. Hadn't realised how huge this Willy miniatures guy is. Think was a franarcilla sculpt. Have ordered a 00 brush as I've decided it was because I didn't have a pointy enough brush I messed up facial highlights...

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Yep.. from now on I do a "cap pushing round" every time I'm putting the paint I used that night away. But do you not like the actual medium or just the bottle?

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Madsherman wrote:Yep.. from now on I do a "cap pushing round" every time I'm putting the paint I used that night away. But do you not like the actual medium or just the bottle?
Medium is quite cool. Hate GW bottle. Bought ten quid Windsor & Newton pot which is massive, as someone suggested. Thing is I am so used to using water to mix paint I keep forgetting. Habit of more than twenty five years as I've been painting with acrylics since like fourteen. This is what's on workbench. I got a skill upgrade on a renegade dark elf. But he's got a niggling injury so he won't last long. So thought big hand to use him as a ball recoverer as... I often seem to lose the ball, get it back on the floor and then cannot pick it up. I was going to use one of the claw like hands from the GW possessed sprue but none left so I used this one off a gobbo from Gaspez Arts. Dark elf no longer looks noble and scary. He now looks a bit comedy. I will paint him to look menacing. Maybe black face paint. Dismissed blue for dark elf skin. He'd look really comedy then.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Ok. Cool. Maybe I'll try that. Looks less "alien" blue luminosity. Anyway. After guerilla war that is bedtime, finished last four of my sea elf themed elves...

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Stompie's various blood bowl teams

Post by Madsherman »

Just tried rinse aid... NOT the same.. Not danish rinse anyways :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk