Stompie's various blood bowl teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Stompie's various blood bowl teams

Post by Steam Ball »

Stompie wrote:I tried a strange thing I read in a GW guide on painting blood angels: you use thinned down thraka green to shade red or orange. Works cos they are next to the colour wheel, whatever that means.
Opposite, not next. And that is one way to darken things, use the opposite.

Reason: ''
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Stompie wrote:
Heff wrote:They are even nicer in the flesh.

Thanks Heff. I also felt the iPhone had not done them credit, particularly with the jewels. May try again with SLR when I finally base them. I have virtually finished the chaos pact team and would love an opportunity to try them out. Maybe against your 1400 or so ogre team for maximum comedy. Little one is here but I'm on hols so can make most evenings somewhere. We'll speak.
Congrats mate, send Mrs Stompie my regards. So what you have and do they have a name?

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by velvet mark »

Looking great so far Stompie.

I won one of these with a GW norse thrower of ebay but never knew what brand it was. Theyre a bit taller than the usual figs.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

velvet mark wrote:Looking great so far Stompie.

I won one of these with a GW norse thrower of ebay but never knew what brand it was. Theyre a bit taller than the usual figs.
Yes, I sold you that. Want the other GW thrower? :)

velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by velvet mark »

Stompie wrote:
velvet mark wrote:Looking great so far Stompie.

Yes, I sold you that. Want the other GW thrower? :)

Hehe no way!

Unfortuantely all my December modelling budget has long gone now, but thanks for the offer.

(Both figs are still unpainted on the future projects list with some Impact Valkaries...)

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Finished some Greebo frogs. Had lots of fun painting brash tropical colours for once. PLayed one game with Slann once. One dead and one maimed. But the things you can do with em. So fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Stompie wrote:Finished some Greebo frogs. Had lots of fun painting brash tropical colours for once. PLayed one game with Slann once. One dead and one maimed. But the things you can do with em. So fun.
Like lose to mullered ogres :lol:

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Heff wrote:
Stompie wrote:Finished some Greebo frogs. Had lots of fun painting brash tropical colours for once. PLayed one game with Slann once. One dead and one maimed. But the things you can do with em. So fun.
Like lose to mullered ogres :lol:
Yes, not my proudest moment. Though if you hadn't had an apo, you would have been down to three live ogres in your four ogre team, which would definitely have been a source of great mirth for me.

The attached Heresy converted warrior dude won't be painted for some time as I would need to wait for a ST4 marauder/lineman for my pact or norse team but it was fun attaching the GW plastic claw anyway. Orc shown for size comparison. The Meiko Ogre was on the bench so I threw him in too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

This dude embodies my bloodbowl abilities. He is a chaos dwarf who has survived 14 games. However, he is minus 1 AV and AG, has NI but has the redeeming feature of guard...and sentimental value. In the true spirit of a fallen trollslayer fate refuses to take him to the underworld but, as you can see from his markings, it is not for want of trying. Another cool Franarcilla mini available from Meiko, if you can stomach the UK postage charges.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

This is the pre-painted conversion of the Gaspez mini.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

This is one of those Necrom orcs. Same guy who is trying a kickstarter Amazon team. They are some of the best resin/plastic models I have seen and I think it's a privilege we have these in the hitherto isolated area of bloodbowl, er even though the style is a bit..."derivative/paying homage" to a certain major wargaming retailer's Orcs.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

I was quite impressed with those two both downs re-rolled to double skulls and the tripple skull. You were not lucky

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

These are a Neomics marauder on the left and a converted Gaspez body and Neomics head on the right. The unpainted one is Gaspez too. shoulder pad is from GW plastic marauder sprue. Most expensive piece of kit given that I never ended up playing more than a couple of games with all thirty of them! Lost interest after seventh edition WHFB.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

After watching Spartacus Vengeance, I just had to paint someone up as Enimaeus...and an Uscarl gobbo with his winky out, for some reason. Never painted a gobbo scrotum before. First time for everything.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Did you ever play my Human team "House of Bateatus"? All named from characters.