Stompie's various blood bowl teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Stompie's various blood bowl teams

Post by Stompie »

Heff: "The Deathseekers [name of my team] lived up to their name. Hired a Gobbo so they could have Morg, still caned em and my new and shiny troll KILLED TWO OF THE BEARDY TW#TS"

Separately, I love Willy Miniatures but I was disappointed at the quality of the cast of the werewolf below. Light on detail, pieces, particularly jaw, don't fit properly together. It will need green stuffing. Consider the gaspez chaos dwarf, which is cast almost to the quality of resin in terms of detail, though sometimes paint runs off Gaspez (release agent on metal.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

I enjoyed killing them it was GOOD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

You played Heff with dwarfs!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You're lucky it wasn't worse. From Heff's point of view there is no such thing as a needless foul on a dwarf team. no matter what turn it is. :D

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Lychanthrope wrote:You played Heff with dwarfs!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You're lucky it wasn't worse. From Heff's point of view there is no such thing as a needless foul on a dwarf team. no matter what turn it is. :D
He was lucky. The shorties will return. I converted this RNestudio ogre into a nurgle beast as I have so many ogres. It's a beautiful model. No flash lines. Perfect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

The back. Sculpted some small pustules. About limit of my green stuffing.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Really great sculpt from Black Scorpion + converted arm from a GW mutated chaos warrior sprue

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Will do a swamp base with that transparent gloss medium used for water effect.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Inspired by those weird Japanese koi fish for the scales, albeit green - mixed in some mithril silver.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I'm also painting some black scorpion dwarf linemen but their faces are a bit pinched and apart from the beards, they are a bit unprepossessing, and I have not done a great paint job. Will post tomorrow.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

You paint beautifully, they always look so nice in the cas box :lol:

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Heff wrote:You paint beautifully, they always look so nice in the cas box :lol:
Some black scorpion dwarves. Still making my way through all that Prussian blue I have not very pleased with how they turned out. A bit dark and not much facial character, other than the beards which are well sculpted. They will be the journeymen for my Otherwise GW dwarf team.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

The side of the dwarves above. Also, an RNestudio Jerjes ogre which I converted into a beast of nurgle as I have so many, many, ogres and Kalle's on the way. Some water effect is still drying in the base and it is dark, so not good lighting but this is the mini I have had the most fun with possibly ever - lots of cool, accessible, characterful details to paint but also tried out some of the new GW paints like the blood effect on the claw and in the chaos scar on his chest. The thing on his left knee pad is supposed to be a fly.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Stompie wrote:
Heff wrote:You paint beautifully, they always look so nice in the cas box :lol:
Some black scorpion dwarves. Still making my way through all that Prussian blue I have not very pleased with how they turned out. A bit dark and not much facial character, other than the beards which are well sculpted. They will be the journeymen for my Otherwise GW dwarf team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Just a concept sketch of a Brettonian peasant, or a new beer and pretzel's game called "Peasantball"...yes, I know, I can't draw - but I had fun.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Is it just me or is some resin just a misery. On left is a black scorpion elf, great sculpt, on the right Kalle's fun snotlings. I washed them all in soapy water and dried them and spray painted them but if you so much as run a nail over them whole chunks of undercoat, spray paint or straight GW chaos black from a pot just comes off as per the pic. Too scared to spend time painting these minis now.