Stompie's various blood bowl teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Stompie's various blood bowl teams

Post by Stompie »

Finally got round to painting last 3 minis for my Orc team. Also a Willy chainsaw dwarf (Heff will be delighted but I wanted to make a start on my massive Willy lead pile as have bought two of his kickstarter projects and painted nothing!). Also, a converted nurgle beastman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Stompie wrote:Is it just me or is some resin just a misery. On left is a black scorpion elf, great sculpt, on the right Kalle's fun snotlings. I washed them all in soapy water and dried them and spray painted them but if you so much as run a nail over them whole chunks of undercoat, spray paint or straight GW chaos black from a pot just comes off as per the pic. Too scared to spend time painting these minis now.
do you scrub the figures with a anti greese soap and a toothbrush?

Rick Sanchez lives!
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

bound for glory wrote:
Stompie wrote:Is it just me or is some resin just a misery. On left is a black scorpion elf, great sculpt, on the right Kalle's fun snotlings. I washed them all in soapy water and dried them and spray painted them but if you so much as run a nail over them whole chunks of undercoat, spray paint or straight GW chaos black from a pot just comes off as per the pic. Too scared to spend time painting these minis now.
do you scrub the figures with a anti greese soap and a toothbrush?
I scrubbed em with a toothbrush in soapy water... Isn't all soap anti-grease? Maybe I should try washing up liquid. But after that old post of mine I noticed on a Bolt Action website that someone recommended after the wash spraying a Wickes grey car spray paint onto resin tanks so they hold the acrylic paint better. I tried it on my Black Scorpion elves and the texture of the undercoat does seem more promising but I haven't got round to actually painting them. I'll post some pics of the undercoated models at some point. For now, I am doing twenty minutes here and there on these Nurgle models between family obligations. 4 Chaos warriors. Top highlights and shading to go...as well as certain details like eyes and hair. Had to make my own nurgle green as the new bespoke GW paint pot I bought around six months ago dried up solid even though I used it once and had kept it closed properly! My other GW paints last around three years before drying out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

And some rotters...

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Finished the chaos warriors today. Pic in dark doesn't help but I should have watered down the nurgle green skin tones as they look too sheeny.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

OK, so re the undercoating resin discussion - these are resin Black Scorpion minis undercoated in Halford's plastic primer grey. Doesn't peel off and has good texture but it's a bit thick so I don't think you could spray GW chaos black over it. Would have to paint directly on to it, I think.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Conga line with some comparison miniatures.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Decided to rebase these old ogre minis in preparation for vortice minis snotlings...

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

And a Norse team I played with today.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Mx spleen ripper from gaspez arts. I'd like to think the is more highlighting and sharing than shown by this pic so may upload another one taken in daylight at some point.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Not sure will paint these next but to make me feel better about the leadpile I have assembled And spray painted them ready to play. Maybe if a character develops it will encourage me to find time to paint but life is just getting in the way! Not sure what colour scheme anyway as if I choose say a very dark blue and gold, how would that match with rusty armour on the rest. Not sure i can be bothered to paint all the armour blue rather than bolt gun metal. But they need to look blood bowl rather than Warhammer.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Due to small children just cannot get round to painting. So to reduce the lead pile and actually game a bit came upon spraying them with Halfords red primer.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

You can tell what my aspirations for the team are by the modelled mutations...

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

The tragedy is I had loads of the new plastic beastmen from GW where the definition was better than the old moulds. I flogged them on eBay when I lost interest in seventh edition. I held back some for BB but lost them. Ended up selling the new ones for peanuts on eBay and then had to scrape round for the bodies for these. Not sure how well they'll paint up...

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

That annoying garage - the Slaanesh warrior of chAos is in there somewhere too. A great gaspez mini. I'll find it eventually.