Stompie's various blood bowl teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Re: Stompie's various blood bowl teams

Post by bound for glory »

stompie, in that last pic(above), the first warrior(#66)...where did he come from?
i like that figure quite a bit.

Reason: ''
Rick Sanchez lives!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

John, that's the lord Borak ("Tanatos") from RN Studio

http://www.rnestudio.com/apps/webstore/ ... ow/5166474

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

thanks, shteve0 :D that figures cool.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re:

Post by Stompie »

Shteve0 wrote:John, that's the lord Borak ("Tanatos") from RN Studio

http://www.rnestudio.com/apps/webstore/ ... ow/5166474
And what a perfect cast it is.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I have been painting these goblins as snotlings in twenty minute patches for about two months during daytime naps of my toddlers (snotlings in their own way). I'm marrying them up with some converted GW ogres I painted when I got back into the hobby about 8 years ago. They will do. Have speed painted them and am pleased with the result, though I must say the photo makes them look better than they are. I did not mix in enough water and the effect is quite gritty on the snotlings (so nothing learned since the ogres!). I would like to try that liquid transparent paint people use nowadays for a smoother finish but not sure what it's called or where to buy it. Just basing left to do and I must say, that French sculptor knows his business. They look perhaps too menacing for snotlings, like greasers or juves from a banlieu movie like la heine or from spiral, French cop show. But they are pretty small compared to GW or Willy goblins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Always been of two minds whether these black scorpion minis were worth painting. Had issues with paint coming off the resin, but resolved by spraying them with Matt car spray from halfords. Then thought the detail didn't move from the different parts in a clearly delineated way from one element of each model to the next element. Not pronounced detail like this Pedro Ramos gobbo for example - or like 1990s GW, ie you need talent for these elves rather than just painting by numbers. They're not the best. I painted five in about six hours with lots of washes, and I still don't do silver convincingly. But they'll do. Had fun with the Mohicans. Dude in black scorpion was lovely. Sent me order in days. The new human ogre looks great. Very gothic Empire style.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Stompie wrote:I have been painting these goblins as snotlings in twenty minute patches for about two months during daytime naps of my toddlers (snotlings in their own way). I'm marrying them up with some converted GW ogres I painted when I got back into the hobby about 8 years ago. They will do. Have speed painted them and am pleased with the result, though I must say the photo makes them look better than they are. I did not mix in enough water and the effect is quite gritty on the snotlings (so nothing learned since the ogres!). I would like to try that liquid transparent paint people use nowadays for a smoother finish but not sure what it's called or where to buy it. Just basing left to do and I must say, that French sculptor knows his business. They look perhaps too menacing for snotlings, like greasers or juves from a banlieu movie like la heine or from spiral, French cop show. But they are pretty small compared to GW or Willy goblins.
Use those figures both as gobos and as snotlings.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I found the most amazingly professional "stunty leeg" handbook on fumbbl. Can't link as it's the generic fumbbl url but you can just google it. So had to do one of the teams as basically had the models...what was I supposed to do with my third goblin team bought on a Kickstarter bored late one night on secondment to the regions... So now have an assembled and undercoated squig herder team. Will paint black and yellow one day. Now need to persuade people in the ECBBL league to play me. Will have to do it off the books, so to speak, recording team progression manually as (1) who knows how well balanced these teams are and (2) apparently we no longer have access to the source code of the amazing software that allows everyone to update and keep track of their team progression, so we cannot add new teams to the open league anyway. The squigs are nuts. Strength four, claw and leap... But blood lust and really stupid. Someone asked me why I'm bothered by new teams when I cannot possibly have edited the tactical depth of each existing team. The answer is of course that I'm a manic miniatures collector and need to justify the growing lead pile somehow...

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

An uncharitable person could say it's not plausible how one squig rider is trying to get off his mount to catch the ball, but hey, my modelling skills only stretch so far and we are talking about the plausibility of squigs being ridden by goblins... I mean Cossacks and Tatars could stand on horses in shows right...?

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I actually prefer the older rather than newer squids. Now I will focus on what models
I have for the stunty leeg skaven skyre team...

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Heff wrote:
Stompie wrote:I have been painting these goblins as snotlings in twenty minute patches for about two months during daytime naps of my toddlers (snotlings in their own way). I'm marrying them up with some converted GW ogres I painted when I got back into the hobby about 8 years ago. They will do. Have speed painted them and am pleased with the result, though I must say the photo makes them look better than they are. I did not mix in enough water and the effect is quite gritty on the snotlings (so nothing learned since the ogres!). I would like to try that liquid transparent paint people use nowadays for a smoother finish but not sure what it's called or where to buy it. Just basing left to do and I must say, that French sculptor knows his business. They look perhaps too menacing for snotlings, like greasers or juves from a banlieu movie like la heine or from spiral, French cop show. But they are pretty small compared to GW or Willy goblins.
Use those figures both as gobos and as snotlings.
As per above posts, I certainly do not want for gobbo models.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

And edging towards end of this elf team. Have struggled a bit. Needed a sharper brush as details on the age were very narrow and a bit pinched. My paint mixing skills still not great. Can someone remind me of the name for this new transparent paint you can buy to get decent consistent with less skill than getting right amount of water? Also detail in other places was a bit bland. But they look great in a darkened room...and I play Tuesday evenings in a pub... So all's well.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

lahmian medium? Works for me.. I used water on my HE's and when I went lahmian medium instead I got waay better results.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Madsherman wrote:lahmian medium? Works for me.. I used water on my HE's and when I went lahmian medium instead I got waay better results.

Lovely. Have ordered and recIeved some. You just use it like water? Maybe should have got one more bottle. See attached my stunty leeg strigoi team using minis I have recently acquired and probably have no other use for! I mean how many halflings and ogres do I already have!! Loads. I looked up what strigoi were, kind of an estranged vampire clan who have gone a bit mad and grotty in isolation, becoming ghoul kings in graveyards etc. So I'll paint up this ogre in a greyish skin colour, white hair and khorne blood effect dripping from his mouth which has one sharp gang at least. Not sure how plausible the hooked for pose from corpse cart looks but hey. Halflings will be painted with half back and white face paint like joker in dark knight. I think the strigoi throws the halflings and is super hard but has blood lust. And the ghouls run about but are only st 2. Need to get people from my league to be interested in playing.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

And because some people ask what I used to undercoat. There's a red too.